Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013, 12:12 AM   #961
Banned
 
Nukleopatra's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Oct 2009
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
You need a better Roster, mate.
No doubt.

The main issue I'm seeing is the number of 3s that certain players take. Guys like Manu Ginobli, Danny Green, Eric Gordon, Jamal Crawford, D. Gallinari, just to name a few, all take 9 or more 3s per game.

Right now I'm running Bobcats/Miami, and K. Walker is 3-13 shooting after the 1st quarter. Simply ridiculous.
Nukleopatra is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 09:27 AM   #962
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So RunPlays, not offensive tempo determines the teams FGA but run tempo dictates how fast the teams move the ball around or shoot the ball on offense?
Example Miami would have a 1-10 run plays setting but Denver/Bucks would have a 80 or higher setting? Then what would there tempo range be then for a example?

I don't know why when I look at that scale jasonwilliams posted it seems like it should be opposite in my mind were as 100 RunPlays should make teams run there plays quicker- 0-3 seconds and 10 RunPlays would make teams run plays later after rebounding - 7secs. I trust JW though, I'm guessing he has tested this.
With Run plays at 100 more plays get run . . .

Think of it like a freelance slider scale.

Run plays at 0 = Run a play - - - - - - no shot - - - - - - freelance
Run plays at 50 = freelance - - - - - run play - - - - - freelance
Run play at 100 = freelance - - - - - run play - - - no shot - - - run play
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #963
MVP
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeland, FL
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So RunPlays, not offensive tempo determines the teams FGA but run tempo dictates how fast the teams move the ball around or shoot the ball on offense?
Example Miami would have a 1-10 run plays setting but Denver/Bucks would have a 80 or higher setting? Then what would there tempo range be then for a example?

I don't know why when I look at that scale jasonwilliams posted it seems like it should be opposite in my mind were as 100 RunPlays should make teams run there plays quicker- 0-3 seconds and 10 RunPlays would make teams run plays later after rebounding - 7secs. I trust JW though, I'm guessing he has tested this.
That would be logical conclusion, if logic played a role in 2k's descriptions of sliders.

To me the "run plays" slider has at least 2 functions:
1) How fast a play is called.
2) How frequently plays are called if the first play breaks down or does not result in a shot attempt.
__________________
"You come at the King, you best not miss..."
qpc123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #964
MVP
 
OVR: 10
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Syracuse, NY -> Long Beach, CA
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Question for everyone who may have knowledge of this:

What do the AWARENESS ratings do exactly? Through my testing, i could not find a clear cut function for theses.
Hyperballer21 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #965
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Really? I've noticed Ray Allen get a few rebounds he shouldn't but for the most part when you turn Crash offensive boards down, players get back on D.

I'll take a look but I honestly don't need anything else to stress about with this game, lol.

QPC123, I have Dwayne playing like real life Stephan Curry. Are you still having trouble with Neutral set up dribbles? If so I'll post the tendencies. This guy is a shake and bake monster, I almost feel bad that I have to turn him back into a slasher.

Edit: Offensive Awareness is the reason your smarter perimeter players are getting rebounds.
If anyone is up to figuring out everything that slider does I'd be happy to help.

So far, I know:

- makes player more aware of where the ball is
- block shots (better ball tracking)
- passing lane steals (better ball tracking)
- put back dunks (better ball tracking)
See what happens when you skip a day, Hype? Lol
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #966
Pro
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
With Run plays at 100 more plays get run . . .

Think of it like a freelance slider scale.

Run plays at 0 = Run a play - - - - - - no shot - - - - - - freelance
Run plays at 50 = freelance - - - - - run play - - - - - freelance
Run play at 100 = freelance - - - - - run play - - - no shot - - - run play
Great post.

We need more breakdowns like this to help organize this thread of knowledge lol. I'd love to see something like this for tempo/fastbreak/help d/def pressure etc. as well.
xSABOx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #967
MVP
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeland, FL
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Great post.

We need more breakdowns like this to help organize this thread of knowledge lol. I'd love to see something like this for tempo/fastbreak/help d/def pressure etc. as well.


















Some of this is 2k12 but I don't think things have changed a whole lot in this area. This a re-post of stuff J-Will posted pre-ban.
__________________
"You come at the King, you best not miss..."
qpc123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #968
MVP
 
OVR: 25
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeland, FL
Blog Entries: 9
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Question for everyone who may have knowledge of this:

What do the AWARENESS ratings do exactly? Through my testing, i could not find a clear cut function for theses.
While watching a TV show about scientist attempting to measure brain activity, one of the scientist made a statement that I thought applied really where to what we are trying to do. i.e. We are trying to figure the A.I. brain in 2k13.

Here is what he said(not a direct quote).

Trying to see cause and effect in the brain(A.I.) is very diffcult because you can't be sure that your activity in trying to understand the way the brain works is not effect the results you get.

Simpler version for 2k purposes

So many ratings and tendencies are tied together in unknown(and some times illogical) ways, you can never tell what one adjustment effects the whole tendencies set.
__________________
"You come at the King, you best not miss..."
qpc123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 AM.

Top -