Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #969
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
That would be logical conclusion, if logic played a role in 2k's descriptions of sliders.

To me the "run plays" slider has at least 2 functions:
1) How fast a play is called.
2) How frequently plays are called if the first play breaks down or does not result in a shot attempt.
Ok, gotcha. So the what does the tempo slider exactly do in the coach profiles? Does it just make the team move the ball around or score faster?
Old 05-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #970
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Ok, gotcha. So the what does the tempo slider exactly do in the coach profiles? Does it just make the team move the ball around or score faster?
It excelerates the "if/then" process that JW and QPC reference often times this leads to a faster shot.

The play is not run faster.

My new psychosis is trying to figure out how to make a player do the face up drive animation.

Can anyone help?
Old 05-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #971
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Hey BigTrey, haven't been able to cut down on the "I better hurry and get to the rim" animation on jump shots. You mentioned lowering put backs and crash boards. Which one do you think matters and how much? When I lowered crash boards to 0 for a team there were never any fast breaks because the D always got back. BTW, if you get a chance check out my 87 roster trailer in my 87 roster thread...there are a couple of Guard self post back downs and a sweet Jordan one dribble pull up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #972
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Hey BigTrey, haven't been able to cut down on the "I better hurry and get to the rim" animation on jump shots. You mentioned lowering put backs and crash boards. Which one do you think matters and how much? When I lowered crash boards to 0 for a team there were never any fast breaks because the D always got back. BTW, if you get a chance check out my 87 roster trailer in my 87 roster thread...there are a couple of Guard self post back downs and a sweet Jordan one dribble pull up.

I think it's their putback more than anything. What that animation is (at least in real life) is a player thinking that his shot is not going to fall so he better go for an offensive rebound.

I'm in roster limbo while I wait for the Sim-World quick play roster to drop so I'll definetly check your roster out, young Jordan sounds like a blast!

Do you know of any good Euro rosters? I want a valid reason to play against zone defense.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #973
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I think it's their putback more than anything. What that animation is (at least in real life) is a player thinking that his shot is not going to fall so he better go for an offensive rebound.

I'm in roster limbo while I wait for the Sim-World quick play roster to drop so I'll definetly check your roster out, young Jordan sounds like a blast!

Do you know of any good Euro rosters? I want a valid reason to play against zone defense.
So did you reduce to 0? And if so were there other collateral effects like players getting rebounds and NOT putting it back in? I will test it, but not wanting to reinvent the wheel if you have already tested it.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 AM   #974
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
So did you reduce to 0? And if so were there other collateral effects like players getting rebounds and NOT putting it back in? I will test it, but not wanting to reinvent the wheel if you have already tested it.

I set my putback ratings no higher than half of a players inside shot tendency.

What I know:

- Though their is significantly more "resetting the play" after a miss, Players will still go up with the ball if they catch an offensive board and have a 0 for putback.

- I gave Lebron a putback tendency of 18 and in the 30 to 40 games I've watched/played he's attempted 9 or 10 putback dunks. I'm okay with that.

- I also strongly believe that having this tendency low keeps the lane cleared up when a player drives because teammate players are not attempting to crash the glass on their own volition.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:22 AM   #975
MVP

OVR: 23

from what I've read this is a great thread. I haven't read every post because there are just so many, but, I've got a question.

With everything that everyone has been talking about, has there been any Sliders put together based on this thread's "findings"?

psn - CeeGee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #976
MVP

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
from what I've read this is a great thread. I haven't read every post because there are just so many, but, I've got a question.

With everything that everyone has been talking about, has there been any Sliders put together based on this thread's "findings"?
Even if it were some, the thing is, that they would be conceived to complement a unique roster ... this is why many people find sliders to be non helpfull, they overlook this and (wrongly) think that it can apply to every roster, custom or default ...

The problem with most of the gameplay issues lies within the roster, with how certaint ratings and tendencies dont hold onto the stablished scales and sometimes, not even onto the designed formulas ... so, if you dont have a scaled roster, the results wont translate consistently ... ironically, defaults are the worst on this aspect.

So, you should try and get a (custom) roster with some consistency and then look for sliders tailored for it ... and even then, since both, roster and sliders are made to fit a unique experience, you may have to do some edit to make them fit your perspective on how the game should play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »