Home

Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #97
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce_OS
^Why don't you just make your own roster, If VT's has so many issues which you have cited like mad in this thread?
Sorry sorry. Believe me, I am making my own Roster I am just using his while I'm waiting on Reditor. I meant no offense.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #98
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
You are right I should not say no sliders whatsoever what I meant was no edits to attribute or tendency sliders. I see that you lowered shot success to compensate for the proficiency of spot up shooters but you're taking a crap all over your fine work when you mess with player attributes.

The difference between adjusting shots in the coach profile and doing so through sliders is huge.
You have to adjust Sliders, because certain things Differ when Actual Playing a game and Simming a game. That is why you have to adjust with Sliders. You have to make certain things different when simming games than you would playing. So we TRY to get best Sim and Gameplay results that we can.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #99
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Sorry sorry. Believe me, I am making my own Roster I am just using his while I'm waiting on Reditor. I meant no offense.

I wasnt offended, there are just ALOT of things that go into making Rosters, Sliders and Coaching Profiles. And that USERs have to take account that Sliders Mainly effect the Actual Gameplay of a Roster, which is different from the Simulation aspect of an Association. This is why some sliders have to adjusted Specifically for Rosters.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 PM   #100
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
I wasnt offended, there are just ALOT of things that go into making Rosters, Sliders and Coaching Profiles. And that USERs have to take account that Sliders Mainly effect the Actual Gameplay of a Roster, which is different from the Simulation aspect of an Association. This is why some sliders have to adjusted Specifically for Rosters.
I totally agree, you should adjust offense, defense, foul (I think I'm forgetting something) slider to suit your individual play style or to adjust to the style of the roster, but as Roster makers when you adjust attributes and tendencies you are negating months of your hard work. Certainly you agree with that?
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #101
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
When you do your testing what Sliders do you use? We designed the Roster, Coaching Profiles and Sliders to go together, so if you are using anything different you will not get the results we get. That is why I have tried telling guys who make Rosters, also to make Sliders and Coaching Profiles for Your Specific Roster. You cant expect to see the Same Results Unless you are Using the EXACT same stuff.

This is why people have such disagreements on sliders, rosters, etc. If you use the same testing setup and see Different results, Then you can determine that is it USER differential, Not actual Roster or Slider issues.

Are you designing these Suggestions/Edits to go with Our Roster or Are you designing them to go with your Roster? If it is for your Roster, then you need let people test your roster to get a fair assessment. You cant get accurate results testing stuff on 1 roster but implementing them on another roster. Once again not attacking what you are doing or questioning it, just want to make sure everyone is on same page when testing, because if USERs have their own roster they need to test your suggestions on their Rosters to get an accurate results.
I'm sorry I didn't see this post before the page turned. (I was wondering why the uproar hit).

I'm only using this roster (my 2kshare finally works) because its a lot different from mine but I like the way it plays. These changes I suggested are just something I wanted you to check out. I'm getting similar results with my Roster now that I've tested it on yours. I didn't want to make sweeping changes to the Roster I have just to test ideas. By no means am I advocating that you change your system.

I'm just excited that I'm finally starting to understand the coach profile (run plays, specifically).

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-28-2013 at 09:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #102
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
I totally agree, you should adjust offense, defense, foul (I think I'm forgetting something) slider to suit your individual play style or to adjust to the style of the roster, but as Roster makers when you adjust attributes and tendencies you are negating months of your hard work. Certainly you agree with that?
If the game was set up perfect then yes you would negate some things, but you have to adjust the shooting Sliders to get Correct %'s for BOTH Gameplay and Simmed games. I used to believe the same as you that it negates things, but that is why we tested and tweaked Both Slider Tendencies and Player Tendencies. I have had to adjust things with Each game, 2k11, 2k12 and 2k13 because things keep changing. Everytime I THINK i have it figured out halfway they go and change things. LOL

Old 03-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #103
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
I'm sorry I didn't see this post before the page turned. (I was wondering why the uproar hit).

I'm only using this roster (my 2kshare finally works) because its a lot different from mine but I like the way it plays. These changes I suggested are just something I wanted you to check out. I'm getting similar results with my Roster now that I've tested it on yours. I didn't want to make sweeping changes to the Roster I have just to test ideas. By no means am I advocating that you change your system.

I'm just excited that I'm finally starting to understand the coach profile (run plays, specifically).

I will definitely test out what you have. Either post here or PM me. I wasnt trying to hijack your thread at all, my whole point was that whatever You use make sure it is SAME as what others are testing/playing with, because that has a MAJOR effect on feedback. I would recommend when you make your Roster to have Specific Sliders and Coaching Profiles for your Roster. It will make it Much easier to sort thru feedback from your Downloaders.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #104
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
I will definitely test out what you have. Either post here or PM me. I wasnt trying to hijack your thread at all, my whole point was that whatever You use make sure it is SAME as what others are testing/playing with, because that has a MAJOR effect on feedback. I would recommend when you make your Roster to have Specific Sliders and Coaching Profiles for your Roster. It will make it Much easier to sort thru feedback from your Downloaders.
True true. Believe me, I know the deal. I've been preaching on this thread that sliders and roster are different for everyone and we will not see the same results. I didn't mean to make this about your Roster before yours I was testing on (a heavily edited) sim-world roster.

Sorry for the confusion and for the record your opinions on this thread have helped me out a great deal.

One last jab though, your Roster plays pretty legit without slider adjustments to attributes or tendencies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »