Home

Old 03-29-2013, 09:46 PM   #105
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

So my next undertaking is the Miami Heat because in every Roster I use they are hyper aggressive and coach profiles don't seem to do anything.

Drive the lane tendency:

Over on Slimm's Roster forum (I don't think it's an active debate anymore) there was controversy whether or not this is an on ball tendency or an off ball tendency.

It's both and it effects a multiple array of things.

In every Roster I've used (please don't yell at me Paul_Pierce, VT, the Xbox roster maker community) Dwayne and Lebrons and Norris' drive the lane tendency is 98 or higher. This is a bad thing.

Here is what Drive the lane does:

On ball
- Makes them push the ball up the court with intent to score.
- during play calling it makes pg's with a high drive the lane tendency follow the solid blue line despite the fact there is an option to pass.

Off ball

- run run run. In addition to the hustle attribute this is a slider for the turbo button.
- it makes a player roll to the hoop instead of popping on pick and rolls
- when the ball is passed to them they will drive instead of shoot.

Here's what's cool. Tony Parker has a really high drive tendency (99 in my roster) but because no one else on the team is in the 90s he is often alone in his efforts to go postal. The combination of two players (Dwayne and Lebron) with a high drive tendency leads to an And1 freak show beyond the help of any slider set.

I am NOT suggesting that anyone should change their roster. This is just an observation.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-29-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2013, 10:23 PM   #106
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
So my next undertaking is the Miami Heat because in every Roster I use they are hyper aggressive and coach profiles don't seem to do anything.

Drive the lane tendency:

Over on Slimm's Roster forum (I don't think it's an active debate anymore) there was controversy whether or not this is an on ball tendency or an off ball tendency.

It's both and it effects a multiple array of things.

In every Roster I've used (please don't yell at me Paul_Pierce, VT, the Xbox roster maker community) Dwayne and Lebrons and Norris' drive the lane tendency is 98 or higher. This is a bad thing.

Here is what Drive the lane does:

On ball
- Makes them push the ball up the court with intent to score.
- during play calling it makes pg's with a high drive the lane tendency follow the solid blue line despite the fact there is an option to pass.

Off ball

- run run run. In addition to the hustle attribute this is a slider for the turbo button.
- it makes a player roll to the hoop instead of popping on pick and rolls
- when the ball is passed to them they will drive instead of shoot.

Here's what's cool. Tony Parker has a really high drive tendency (99 in my roster) but because no one else on the team is in the 90s he is often alone in his efforts to go postal. The combination of two players (Dwayne and Lebron) with a high drive tendency leads to an And1 freak show beyond the help of any slider set.

I am NOT suggesting that anyone should change their roster. This is just an observation.
Not trying to start anything but please download my roster before you comment on it, my drv the lane tendency for lebron is a 55. Naming people's roster then adding no offense after an offensive statment is just going to start stuff.

Please leave my work out of your "testing".

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 03-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #107
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce_OS
Not trying to start anything but please download my roster before you comment on it, my drv the lane tendency for lebron is a 55. Naming people's roster then adding no offense after an offensive statment is just going to start stuff.

Please leave my work out of your "testing".
Come on man, I'm just working on coach profiles. I only named dropped you because you were the first to get upset.

I promise I'm not being hostile. But since I don't have a roster at stake I'm using other peoples. The problem is whenever I find something it kinda ties into tendencies so I can understand that it may be perceived as an insult.

Again I apologize. But isn't it kind of cool that two players with a 90+ tendency makes the game needlessly aggressive? That's pretty neat information don't cha think?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #108
MVP

OVR: 15

[quote=bigtreydawg;2044856909]Thanks for being reasonable on the Internet.

So check this out
Inside shot: 36 - mkharsh found that lower this (he did it through sliders, which i disagree with) does 2 things. 1 - it cuts down on points in the paint and 2 it eliminates that dumb game of patty cake bigs do under the basket in order to find the easy shot possible. Lowering this in the coach sliders allows bigs to have the same inside shot tendency but still eliminates the problem.
Close shot:25 - same story as above. Will reduce points in the paint. (I have it lower than the inside rating in this roster to cut down on floaters.

Is this true? I noticed alot of times Blake or Tim Duncan will post up and then will pass out or pass to the other big underneath on the other side of the basket instead of trying to score. Does having the close shot tendency too high cause this?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:28 AM   #109
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Most of the "patty cake"problem is largely due to human error. But when inside and close shot is close to equal to or above midrange or 3pt then things get wonky.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #110
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Most of the "patty cake"problem is largely due to human error. But when inside and close shot is close to equal to or above midrange or 3pt then things get wonky.
So for each teams team profile we should have the inside and close shot tendency lower than midrange and 3point shooting, correct? Also can you post your coach profiles formula?

Last edited by STLRams; 03-30-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #111
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So for each teams team profile we should have the inside and close shot tendency lower than midrange and 3point shooting, correct? Also can you post your coach profiles formula?
I'm kind of over pissing people off, VT is right, anything I post needs to be disclaimerd with the Roster and slider set I'm using and that causes stuff when it's other people's work.

On the bright side I know what I'm gonna do now to finalize the roster I'm working on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2013, 05:41 PM   #112
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

I will answer your first question though.

The consensus was this game is hard wired pretty aggressively but I no longer think that is the case. I think the drive the lane tendency is probably way higher than it should be (even in the default roster) what Mkharsh did through sliders is lower the inside and close shot 25 and attack the basket to 1.

You still see players attacking the lane because there attack tendency was way above 1 to begin with. However, the reason why I prefer to use the coach profile as opposed to sliders when I'm adjusting team tendencies is just that. The coach profile only effects team tendencies. Not an individuals tendency. With (no names) 3pt tendency set so high in a slider there will be instances of Aldridge or Gasol pulling up from deep.

I had previously suggested that attack the basket be set to 1 but that is not the case. I had said that because I was frequently having the problem of Jeff Hornececk deciding on driving to the lane instead of shooting a three.

The problem: his 3pt tendency was in the 50s and that is fine but the coach profile showed to much preferential treatment to inside, close, and especially attack. Even though hornececk had a zero drive the lane tendency. The game still insisted that he should try to find a closer shot.

Without getting into to much detail most coach profiles should adopt a similar style as MKHarsh's slider set but adjust for team preference.

Note: the roster your using is very importan- . . . . Blah blah blah

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »