Home

Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #113
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I will answer your first question though.

The consensus was this game is hard wired pretty aggressively but I no longer think that is the case. I think the drive the lane tendency is probably way higher than it should be (even in the default roster) what Mkharsh did through sliders is lower the inside and close shot 25 and attack the basket to 1.

You still see players attacking the lane because there attack tendency was way above 1 to begin with. However, the reason why I prefer to use the coach profile as opposed to sliders when I'm adjusting team tendencies is just that. The coach profile only effects team tendencies. Not an individuals tendency. With (no names) 3pt tendency set so high in a slider there will be instances of Aldridge or Gasol pulling up from deep.

I had previously suggested that attack the basket be set to 1 but that is not the case. I had said that because I was frequently having the problem of Jeff Hornececk deciding on driving to the lane instead of shooting a three.

The problem: his 3pt tendency was in the 50s and that is fine but the coach profile showed to much preferential treatment to inside, close, and especially attack. Even though hornececk had a zero drive the lane tendency. The game still insisted that he should try to find a closer shot.

Without getting into to much detail most coach profiles should adopt a similar style as MKHarsh's slider set but adjust for team preference.

Note: the roster your using is very importan- . . . . Blah blah blah

Understood, well if you are worried about rubbing people the wrong way by posting your coach profile formula, you can just PM it to me. I'm just curious to see how you set your team profiles, I like to see different people's formula, but not question or criticize it.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I will answer your first question though.

The consensus was this game is hard wired pretty aggressively but I no longer think that is the case. I think the drive the lane tendency is probably way higher than it should be (even in the default roster) what Mkharsh did through sliders is lower the inside and close shot 25 and attack the basket to 1.

You still see players attacking the lane because there attack tendency was way above 1 to begin with. However, the reason why I prefer to use the coach profile as opposed to sliders when I'm adjusting team tendencies is just that. The coach profile only effects team tendencies. Not an individuals tendency. With (no names) 3pt tendency set so high in a slider there will be instances of Aldridge or Gasol pulling up from deep.

I had previously suggested that attack the basket be set to 1 but that is not the case. I had said that because I was frequently having the problem of Jeff Hornececk deciding on driving to the lane instead of shooting a three.

The problem: his 3pt tendency was in the 50s and that is fine but the coach profile showed to much preferential treatment to inside, close, and especially attack. Even though hornececk had a zero drive the lane tendency. The game still insisted that he should try to find a closer shot.

Without getting into to much detail most coach profiles should adopt a similar style as MKHarsh's slider set but adjust for team preference.

Note: the roster your using is very importan- . . . . Blah blah blah
I completely agree with everything you just said. Changing the slider tendencies is great for getting realistic stats for the averages of all teams but every teams should be getting different totals. For example the Denver nuggets are averaging
58 points in the paint while the Knicks are averaging 34. Just adjusting the slider tendencies will make both teams average around 46 which is wrong. Through my own testing it seems that coach profiles should make enough of an impact to get so both teams are getting the right stats without having to the touch the slider tendencies.

I've been tinkering with the coach profiles in bedwardsroy19's roster and the only problem is I'm still getting too high point in the paint numbers.

Right now I have:
Inside shot: 1-5(except for the nuggets have 10)
Close shot: 0
Midrange: 60-75
3pt: 60-75
Attack the basket: 0
Help defense: 85-100
Slider tendencies haven't been touched
Slider attributes:
On ball d: 55
Ball handling: 40
Offensive sliders:
Inside shot: 44
Close shot:45
Layup success: 45
Contact shot success: 45

It seems that on a team to team basis there have been good seperation between teams but overall the points in paint numbers are inflated. i.e. the Knicks had
49 pip while the nuggets had 70 which like I said is a pretty good difference but that's still too many points in the paint.

I figured I'd throw my two cents in...

Last edited by 1nsanity; 03-30-2013 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to post offensive sliders
Old 03-31-2013, 03:34 AM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 0

For PIP being too high, adjust back door cut slider to 5 and put dunk in traffic freq on 31!

Last edited by SOPMODM68; 03-31-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #116
MVP

OVR: 12

Hope this thread is not dead...

I've done some tests with the Thunder.

Westbrook tendencies:inside 10,CLOSE 100,mid 60 and touches 90.
Durant tendencies:inside 10,close 10,mid 60,threes 60 and touches 90.

With these coach profiles(inside 0,close 0,mid 100,threes 0),about the 60% of set plays were called for KD and the rest for Russell and Ibaka.

But the interesting thing came with these coach profiles:inside 0,close 100,mid 0 and three 0.
For sure,about 7/8 plays on ten were called for Westbrook and the rest for Durant(Ibaka has 0 in close shot).

And also the Thunder pg,with close shot TENDENCIES at 100 did not force those stupid,senseless,frustrating dribbling moves in the paint:if he had a good lane,he drove;if the help come,he passed the ball.

So,in my opinion,coach profiles shot locations have a big influence to determine which player is going to have the most part of the plays called for(based on each player shot tendencies and touches) and a little effect to the decision of a player to shoot or not in certain zone(more affected by shot tendencies and hotspots).
Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #117
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Hope this thread is not dead...

I've done some tests with the Thunder.

Westbrook tendencies:inside 10,CLOSE 100,mid 60 and touches 90.
Durant tendencies:inside 10,close 10,mid 60,threes 60 and touches 90.

With these coach profiles(inside 0,close 0,mid 100,threes 0),about the 60% of set plays were called for KD and the rest for Russell and Ibaka.

But the interesting thing came with these coach profiles:inside 0,close 100,mid 0 and three 0.
For sure,about 7/8 plays on ten were called for Westbrook and the rest for Durant(Ibaka has 0 in close shot).

And also the Thunder pg,with close shot TENDENCIES at 100 did not force those stupid,senseless,frustrating dribbling moves in the paint:if he had a good lane,he drove;if the help come,he passed the ball.

So,in my opinion,coach profiles shot locations have a big influence to determine which player is going to have the most part of the plays called for(based on each player shot tendencies and touches) and a little effect to the decision of a player to shoot or not in certain zone(more affected by shot tendencies and hotspots).
Good research dude. I was wondering about this. I posted (somewhere in this thread) that Jeff Hornececk was giving me fits when it came to cohesion on offense for the 98 Jazz.

Raising the 3pt slider makes him take open shots in freelance, it also cuts down on forcefully looking to score in the paint when combined with a high take midrange shot tendency.

But I found that the more I strayed away from close and inside the less post plays for Karl Malone. It is not that he was taken out of the offense (22 shot attempts) its just that instead of low post plays they heavily favored pick and roll plays.

I'm in the middle of testing some stuff with the drive tendency slider that may be great for gameplay.

This thread isn't dead, in fact I've stumbled across a bunch of cool **** since my last post.

I want to make sure I have my facts straight before I post. It helps keep certain people from being upset with me.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-03-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:45 PM   #118
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Serra11, what kind of plays were they calling for Westbrook with Coach profile tendency 100 for close? Was it all pick and roll? What priorities were his plays? If you could give me a gang of details that would be very much appreciated.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #119
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Serra11, what kind of plays were they calling for Westbrook with Coach profile tendency 100 for close? Was it all pick and roll? What priorities were his plays? If you could give me a gang of details that would be very much appreciated.
Only pick and roll plays because I gave particular iso plays to Durant and I don't want the cpu use the same plays for Westbrook.

Too many iso plays are designed to immediately spread the floor for a player behind the 3pt line.It never happens in real life.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #120
MVP

OVR: 19

What difficulty are you guys testing on and is it HUM/CPU or CPU/CPU? I've been tweaking my Tempo/Run Plays/Fast Break settings and wouldn't mind jumping into the discussion.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »