Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #121
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
What difficulty are you guys testing on and is it HUM/CPU or CPU/CPU? I've been tweaking my Tempo/Run Plays/Fast Break settings and wouldn't mind jumping into the discussion.
HOLY S#!T SLIMM, what's up man?

I think it may be different for everyone contributing to this (I probably should have specified) but we're testing HUM/CPU.

I have mine on All-Star difficulty and have adjust the sliders to the coefficients thread.

The only variation is back door cut is 20 for CPU. and +10 for HUM in defensive rebounding.

Having the back door cut lowered for the CPU makes a huge difference in how often they try to test whether or not their human defender is paying attention. It gets down right silly sometimes with me constantly wiggling the stick just to keep a big guy from cutting to the lane.

I think it may be tied to attack the basket/drive the lane tendency.

This thread has kind of strayed from its original course (largely my fault) because I'm seeing more and more that drive the lane tendency being unneccarily high for all players in "EVERY" Roster keeps me from making coach profile edits that would make a team more aggressive.

Haha, when I do get around to undertaking a Roster overhaul (post Reditor) I'm going to apply your scale so I have a few questions ill PM you about SLIMM, but I'm starting to think that Drive the lane is not subjective.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #122
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
What difficulty are you guys testing on and is it HUM/CPU or CPU/CPU? I've been tweaking my Tempo/Run Plays/Fast Break settings and wouldn't mind jumping into the discussion.
Only cpu vs cpu.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:05 PM   #123
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Only cpu vs cpu.
Oh . . . Well color me wrong. I don't even know what a CPU vs CPU game looks like. Is it drastically different?
Old 04-05-2013, 04:17 PM   #124
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I don't even know what a CPU vs CPU game looks like. Is it drastically different?
Without any customization,out of the box it's a complete mess.
But I think it's a good way to understand the engine and how this(engine) managed the numbers of this game(ratings,tendencies,coach profiles etc...).
Old 04-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #125
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Without any customization,out of the box it's a complete mess.
But I think it's a good way to understand the engine and how this(engine) managed the numbers of this game(ratings,tendencies,coach profiles etc...).
True, minus human error and bad defense, I can see your point. Are points in the paint still an issue when the CPU plays itself?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 04:54 PM   #126
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
True, minus human error and bad defense, I can see your point. Are points in the paint still an issue when the CPU plays itself?
Of course.In a cpu vs cpu you're going to see every flaws you normally see in hum vs cpu game...multiplied per 10!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #127
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

@bigtreydawg

What sliders do you use? And roster?
Old 04-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #128
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Been following this thread awhile too...though I am mostly a 2k12 guy I also test strictly CPU v CPU because in my mind its the only way to truly get a feel for gameplay. The user brings in too many external variables that contaminate the sample. What I am finding in 12 and 13 is that coach profiles play a much bigger role in gameplay than what I originally wanted to acknowledge.

The drive the basket dilemma is interesting. Lowering it leads to better spacing but more standing around. Raising seems to lead to more movement but also more lane clutter. How are you finding balance with this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »