Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #129
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This thread is so much fun. Thanks everyone for contributing. Every post gives me something new to stew over in regards to this game.

To Jona,

I got in a little bit of trouble for name dropping Rosters a few pages back so I'm inclined not to say. In the end I will be using a Sim-World Roster(Xbox) which I've applied my own edits to. Specifically SLIMM's scale with a modification to shooting tendencies (I have to ask him about that).

As for Sliders, I've always believed that if you're willing to put in the time you will not need to make blanket edits to correct gameplay.

A question for you CPU vs CPU testers. How do points in the paint pan out is there a lot of forcefully trying to get to the rim despite good 1 on 1 defense?
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #130
MVP
 
Crossover1's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
This thread is so much fun. Thanks everyone for contributing. Every post gives me something new to stew over in regards to this game.

To Jona,

I got in a little bit of trouble for name dropping Rosters a few pages back so I'm inclined not to say. In the end I will be using a Sim-World Roster(Xbox) which I've applied my own edits to. Specifically SLIMM's scale with a modification to shooting tendencies (I have to ask him about that).

As for Sliders, I've always believed that if you're willing to put in the time you will not need to make blanket edits to correct gameplay.

A question for you CPU vs CPU testers. How do points in the paint pan out is there a lot of forcefully trying to get to the rim despite good 1 on 1 defense?
Yes, essentially since the CPU plays mirror defense you see how badly the game forces paint scoring. I HATE when non-aggressive non-scoring players all of a sudden dribble til they squirm their way into the paint then force one of those bad shots from the close area.
__________________
'Only The Strong Survive'
Crossover1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #131
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
Yes, essentially since the CPU plays mirror defense you see how badly the game forces paint scoring. I HATE when non-aggressive non-scoring players all of a sudden dribble til they squirm their way into the paint then force one of those bad shots from the close area.
YES!! That's what I though would happen.

So check this out, I'm beginning to look at the drive the lane tendency the same way I view the pull up tendency.

When you play against CPU Lakers most Rosters would have Kobe with a high pull up tendency 65 to 75. Because Kobe is good at getting around his defender this leads to an inordinate, unrealistic amount of pull up jumpers. In fact the game would be better if we could see what Kobe decision would have been if he continued driving, open three for Artest maybe? Instead Kobe's high pull up tendencies robs us of the chance to see what would have happened.

I can't speak for everyone but I think we figured this aspect of the game out early on and lowered the pull up tendency for every one. Drive the lane (to me) should be treated the same way.

I look at it as a percentage of attack, Tony Parker, arguably the most aggressive point guard in the league spends about . . . 70% of his time attacking the basket. That means (again just me spitballing) that his attack the basket should be no higher than 70 and I think that's being generous. I'm going to drastically lower the drive the lane tendency for a team and see if that will allow me to mess with the Tempo, Fastbreak and Attack coach profile sliders more without leading to lob pass hell.

Keep the info coming guys.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2013, 10:19 PM   #132
MVP
 
Crossover1's Arena
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Feb 2009
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

I think they raise the pull up to alleviate those PitP issue but I do agree with you. It's just to easy to get into the paint this year. In 2k11 they had cut this problem down tremendously and continued in 2K12 but this year they have regressed in that aspect to pre-2K11. It kills the game for me.
__________________
'Only The Strong Survive'
Crossover1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #133
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossover1
I think they raise the pull up to alleviate those PitP issue but I do agree with you. It's just to easy to get into the paint this year. In 2k11 they had cut this problem down tremendously and continued in 2K12 but this year they have regressed in that aspect to pre-2K11. It kills the game for me.
Not necessarily the case. The combination of MKHarsh's sliders with (I forget the roster makers name) with a roster that had every players drive the lane tendency at 0 led to games that had 10 to 14 points in the paint. I cringe at the though of what gameplay must have looked like but this game swings in extremes both ways. Finding the happy medium is tricky but it's worth it.

Note: what does a player like Jared Dudley need with a 43 drive the lane

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-05-2013 at 10:46 PM.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #134
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

I don't want to control the thread, but I think we will be able to find more conclusions if we test one (and only one) variable at a time, if at all possible, until we reach a conclusion. Reading from my last post until now, there are multiple topics being covered. I'll adapt the settings from JWill's coefficient thread and run tests on CPU/CPU matches. What do you guys think about taking one variable (ie drive the lane OR pull up OR ...) and testing it until we can define it?
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:10 AM   #135
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I don't want to control the thread, but I think we will be able to find more conclusions if we test one (and only one) variable at a time, if at all possible, until we reach a conclusion. Reading from my last post until now, there are multiple topics being covered. I'll adapt the settings from JWill's coefficient thread and run tests on CPU/CPU matches. What do you guys think about taking one variable (ie drive the lane OR pull up OR ...) and testing it until we can define it?
I propose we start with drive the lane tendency with an emphasis on what it means to Run plays.

Are you on PC? I know that a patch was released for console that improved the logic of outlet passing, did this take effect on PC as well?

And to further focus this test lets stick to the Miami Heat since they are the most interesting in they're offensive mindset. Slow and methodical in the half court but really effective on the fastbreak. This should be a challenge.

I'm gonna play a few games against the Heat, tell you my drive the lane tendencies for key players as well as the coach profile settings.

I invite anyone following this thread to do the same. The more input the better.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 12:14 AM   #136
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

. . . And I'll watch a few CPU vs CPU games too *grumble grumble*
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:45 PM.

Top -