Home

Old 03-08-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

alright I'm gonna test this. bc I would rather them spot up some instead of cut so I can drive and kick off of iso's.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #10
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
alright I'm gonna test this. bc I would rather them spot up some instead of cut so I can drive and kick off of iso's.
All of what you just said falls under tendency editing. You can achieve that by making sure your people are in the right hot spots for spot ups.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #11
Rookie

StickSkillz's Arena

OVR: 0

I've been testing with the coaching profiles also after reading your original post and have got some pretty good results

I have the Offensive tempo at 10 & run plays at 10 & have been getting around 75is-87ish FGA's (Least in NBA MIA w 78.7 & Most MIL w 87) so I think I'm gonna use these numbers for every team might adjust for the teams with higher FGA's per game

What do you suggest for the fast break slider for teams that like to Fast break alot (ex. DEN, HOU) compared to the slower teams (LAL, BYK)

I also wanted to kno if you or anyone else knew what the double team & Bench depth sliders do because I think the cpu doubles to early in games leaving guys wide open & trying to figure out how to get the cpu players out the game once in foul trouble (ex. 2 fouls in 1st qtr)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #12
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
All of what you just said falls under tendency editing. You can achieve that by making sure your people are in the right hot spots for spot ups.
then I don't quite understand some of the points you were making in the first post. U said some settings make them stand around till a play is called. which in my mind would translate to drive an kick opportunities, if I don't call a play. Also I have not seen any teams really running off screens and such before a play is being called on the high settings.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #13
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkillz
I've been testing with the coaching profiles also after reading your original post and have got some pretty good results

I have the Offensive tempo at 10 & run plays at 10 & have been getting around 75is-87ish FGA's (Least in NBA MIA w 78.7 & Most MIL w 87) so I think I'm gonna use these numbers for every team might adjust for the teams with higher FGA's per game

What do you suggest for the fast break slider for teams that like to Fast break alot (ex. DEN, HOU) compared to the slower teams (LAL, BYK)

I also wanted to kno if you or anyone else knew what the double team & Bench depth sliders do because I think the cpu doubles to early in games leaving guys wide open & trying to figure out how to get the cpu players out the game once in foul trouble (ex. 2 fouls in 1st qtr)
Ooh, thanks for testing. So ten and ten worked? I was wondering how low I could drop it before the game broke. When I think about it Run plays really dictates overall what is gonna happen. But when it comes to details (when you raise the run play slider) that's when things get weird, especially with fastbreak.

I'm gonna test tonight if jacking the fast break up to 100 will override having run plays at zero. Is fastbreak a mode that a team gets into like freelance? Or will run plays stop a team from fast breaking after a defensive rebound?

This is bugging me because the 98 Jazz default with an offensive tempo at 20 and I've been jacking it up to 60 then playing against them and it plays fine. But if I leave tempo at 20 and keep run plays loose (around 60) they push the ball even though fastbreak is only at 38. What is worse is if I get in front of them and they slow down their 20 offensive tempo kicks in and there is 3 seconds of stand around and look at each other before the play starts.

Maybe they coincide 10-10, 60-60.

I've kind of stopped working on this aspect because I know more freethrows attempts will go a long way to lowering FGA per game. Ugh!!
It never ends with this game.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-09-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I'm working on a big project for this game so the tempo's I have are constantly changing because its the only coach slider that effects sim stats. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer.

By the way, the Heat have a low offensive tempo (fewer shot attempts per game) they're just really efficient at scoring. What I'm probably going to do to them is lower their tempo to 58ish, put run plays 30 and turn up their fast break.

This should make them demons on the fast break but really level headed on offense.

I hope that helped.
I was just about to say this about the Heat also that there tempo should be low based on synergy and hoopdata.com, probably a good idea to use hoopdata.com to figure out what each teams tempo should be set at. Is anyone familiar on how to implement hoopdata.com info into the 2K rosters for tempo,inside scoring, midrange, etc?
Old 03-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #15
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
then I don't quite understand some of the points you were making in the first post. U said some settings make them stand around till a play is called. which in my mind would translate to drive an kick opportunities, if I don't call a play. Also I have not seen any teams really running off screens and such before a play is being called on the high settings.
What I mean by "standing around" is the time spent doing nothing while waiting for a play to be called. This happens when a low offensive tempo team has a high run play setting. Because offensive tempo determines how much the ball moves around and having run plays high allows for 7 or 8 seconds of "do your thing homie" before a play is called the low offensive team will stand there for a bit and then all at once run to their positions to start a play.
It looks dumb.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #16
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

I understand what your saying now sirjam. While it is still all tendency based you can achieve drive and kick in freelance mode as well as run plays. Sorry for the confusion

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »