Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2013, 09:50 PM   #161
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
WHAT!?!? .. . LOL what on earth is going on?

This game, man.

I don't know. Honestly, I think that anything higher than PRO level gives you unrealistic gameplay. I think the CPU pushes TOO much on All Star and above. I'm gonna stop this game. There are 6 minutes left and here are some stats:

FG% 59 to 65
11 3PTA to 14
3 FTA to 3
Read that last stat again
Let it sink in
OK, let's move on
6 FB points to 4
Shaking my head
50 PIP (out of 96) to 64 (out of 105)
2 TO to 4
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #162
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I don't know of any player tendencies that directly effect FB opportunities. I do think that a combination of the FB/Offensive Tempo/Run Plays, and to some extent, Quickness Slider effect FB opportunities. Personally, I think that the Quickness Slider needs to be at 0, which is where I have it in my slider set. One of the things that the Quickness Slider effects is a player's jog speed, which is REALLY fast in the game. With this at 0, it really gives contrast between Quickness (jogging/walking among other things) and Speed (sprint).

I'm not sure about Shane. I the current game (4th quarter, 9 minutes left), he has taken a combined 17 shots in 47 minutes (5-5 on one team and 4-12 on the other), and 9 of those shots have been 3's. He spots up a lot on the permimeter and has a high 3PT tendency, so those are both reasons why, I'd guess.

Man, I ain't sweatin' disagreements. No theory is good unless it can withstand testing.
Wait wait wait. Pause the game. Go to player tendencies. Is everyone's drive at zero?

If so how inflated did the tendency to post up get. That may be the reason why you're seeing so many post plays.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #163
MVP

Quote:
Wait wait wait. Pause the game. Go to player tendencies. Is everyone's drive at zero?

If so how inflated did the tendency to post up get. That may be the reason why you're seeing so many post plays.
Everyone's DTL is at 0. Everyone's attack the basket is at 0. Everyone's Pass Out is at 100. Those are standard in my roster.

Here are the starters' Play Types/Touches/FL Tendencies as I have them set:

Chalmers - PNR Handler, 3PT, 57 Touches, FL - 100 Use Pick, 75 Spot UP
Wade - PNR Handler, Post Up High, Post Up Low, 90 Touches, FL - 100 Use Pick, 75 Spot Up, 50 Post UP
Battier - 3PT, 30 Touches, FL - 100 Set Pick, 75 Spot Up
Lebron - PNR Handler, Post Up Low, Post up High, 96 Touches, FL - 100 Use Pick, 75 Spot Up, 50 Post Up
Bosh - PNR Roll, Post Up Low, Post up High, 69 Touches, 100 Set Pick, 75 Spot Up, 50 Post Up.

The only FL tendencies I give out are Use Pick/Set Pick/Post Up/Spot Up
Old 04-06-2013, 10:12 PM   #164
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Everyone's DTL is at 0. Everyone's attack the basket is at 0. Everyone's Pass Out is at 100. Those are standard in my roster.

Here are the starters' Play Types/Touches/FL Tendencies as I have them set:

Chalmers - PNR Handler, 3PT, 57 Touches, FL - 100 Use Pick, 75 Spot UP
Wade - PNR Handler, Post Up High, Post Up Low, 90 Touches, FL - 100 Use Pick, 75 Spot Up, 50 Post UP
Battier - 3PT, 30 Touches, FL - 100 Set Pick, 75 Spot Up
Lebron - PNR Handler, Post Up Low, Post up High, 96 Touches, FL - 100 Use Pick, 75 Spot Up, 50 Post Up
Bosh - PNR Roll, Post Up Low, Post up High, 69 Touches, 100 Set Pick, 75 Spot Up, 50 Post Up.

The only FL tendencies I give out are Use Pick/Set Pick/Post Up/Spot Up
No, not the manage roster tendencies. (Although it is interesting that you have all the attack the baskets at zero and players are still being aggressive) I'm talking about the tendencies stat tracker thing that gives you a percentage break down of what a player does.

With Drive the lane at zero I wonder if those percentages have moved to the other three options and that's why you are seeing a lot of post plays. It would explain points in the paint without fastbreak points and the low number of fouls. But I'm getting ahead of myself if I'm wrong. Tell me what the break down is for your starters.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #165
MVP

Quote:
No, not the manage roster tendencies. (Although it is interesting that you have all the attack the baskets at zero and players are still being aggressive) I'm talking about the tendencies stat tracker thing that gives you a percentage break down of what a player does.

With Drive the lane at zero I wonder if those percentages have moved to the other three options and that's why you are seeing a lot of post plays. It would explain points in the paint without fastbreak points and the low number of fouls. But I'm getting ahead of myself if I'm wrong. Tell me what the break down is for your starters.
How do I find the % breakdown of what a player does? I know I've seen it, but I don't utilize it often and I can't find it right now. I found the player tendencies and the skills graph, but I don't think that's what you're talking about, is it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #166
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
How do I find the % breakdown of what a player does? I know I've seen it, but I don't utilize it often and I can't find it right now. I found the player tendencies and the skills graph, but I don't think that's what you're talking about, is it?
I just packed up the Xbox (I travel for work) can someone direct him to it. I think it's coach setting-tendencies but I could be making that up.

When you do get there in the upper left it should have a break down for each player.

What's weird is post up seems to only be affected by freelance post up, in my minimum amount of time tinkering with what makes it fluctuate but I believe it has an affect on play calling and this might confirm it.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #167
MVP

Quote:
I just packed up the Xbox (I travel for work) can someone direct him to it. I think it's coach setting-tendencies but I could be making that up.

When you do get there in the upper left it should have a break down for each player.

What's weird is post up seems to only be affected by freelance post up, in my minimum amount of time tinkering with what makes it fluctuate but I believe it has an affect on play calling and this might confirm it.
Found it:

Chalmers - Mid 18%, 3PT 81%
Wade - Post 43%, Mid 47%, 3PT 8%
Battier - Mid 1%, 3PT 98%
James - Post 39%, Mid 35%, 3PT 25%
Bosh - Post 43%, Mid 48%, 3PT 7%

From the notes that I took, most of the post shots came from set low post plays, not FL. Some were in FL, but I saw a lot more attacking the basket in FL than post ups.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #168
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Found it:

Chalmers - Mid 18%, 3PT 81%
Wade - Post 43%, Mid 47%, 3PT 8%
Battier - Mid 1%, 3PT 98%
James - Post 39%, Mid 35%, 3PT 25%
Bosh - Post 43%, Mid 48%, 3PT 7%

From the notes that I took, most of the post shots came from set low post plays, not FL. Some were in FL, but I saw a lot more attacking the basket in FL than post ups.
But everyones drive was at zero. This is the part where I would do a victory dance and say drive the lane is an on ball tendency but your players are still attacking for some reason . . .

Any ideas?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »