Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #169
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
But everyones drive was at zero. This is the part where I would do a victory dance and say drive the lane is an on ball tendency but your players are still attacking for some reason . . .

Any ideas?
I think the AI is coded to attack diligently. I also think the AI is coded perform contextual dribble moves/varying shots ie fadeaways/drifters much better than anybody gives 2k credit for. I used Leftos' Roster Editor to put those tendencies (fancy dribbling moves, fadeaways, spin jumpers, etc) at 0 and realized those things. The only "fancy" shot I have above 0 is Runner. I also think the Inside/Close/3PT Sliders are "weighted" much more than the Mid Range Slider. I put the CPU/CPU Mid Range Slider at 90 to balance it. It gets the big men who work in the 16-23 feet range MUCH more involved in the offense.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #170
MVP

For example, I loaded the same roster with a Pro Settings file and modified sliders (which I will post or PM if you're interested). So far, here are some stats between Mia and Mia with 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter:

38 to 34
15-30 (50%) to 15-33 (45%)
1-5 (20%) 3PTA to 1-4 (25%)
7-8 FTA (87%) to 3-3 FTA (100%)
3 Dunks to 3
0 FB points to 2
18 PIP to 14
3 TO to 4

One team has taken:

9 shots at the rim
8 shots from the restricted area to the FT line (3-15 FT)
12 shots between the FT line and the 3PT line (16-23 FT)
4 3PT

The other team has taken:

8 shots at the rim
6 shots from the restricted area to the FT line (3-15 FT)
11 shots from the FT line to the 3PT line (16-23 FT)
5 3PT

Miami takes 37 shots per game from 0-15 FT and 38 from 16 and out. The ratios I just posted are nearly EXACTLY the same as they are averaging IRL.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #171
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I think the AI is coded to attack diligently. I also think the AI is coded perform contextual dribble moves/varying shots ie fadeaways/drifters much better than anybody gives 2k credit for. I used Leftos' Roster Editor to put those tendencies (fancy dribbling moves, fadeaways, spin jumpers, etc) at 0 and realized those things. The only "fancy" shot I have above 0 is Runner. I also think the Inside/Close/3PT Sliders are "weighted" much more than the Mid Range Slider. I put the CPU/CPU Mid Range Slider at 90 to balance it. It gets the big men who work in the 16-23 feet range MUCH more involved in the offense.
I'm too dumb to wrap my head around that first part. What did you realize through leftos editor?

I won't be able to test again until we land in Tupelo on Monday but in the name of getting rid of all the variables I'm going heat v heat and inputting your edits.

At the very least we'll be able to see the difference between console and PC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 10:55 PM   #172
MVP

Quote:
I'm too dumb to wrap my head around that first part. What did you realize through leftos editor?

I won't be able to test again until we land in Tupelo on Monday but in the name of getting rid of all the variables I'm going heat v heat and inputting your edits.

At the very least we'll be able to see the difference between console and PC.
That first paragraph made me LOL, for real. That's funny.

With Leftos' editor, I globally set all of the fancy dribble tendencies and the fancy shot tendencies to 0. What I saw after that was that, when the situation called for it in-game, players would either make those moves (crossover/stepback/in and out, etc) or they would take those shots (fadeaway, drifter, etc). I have left them at 0 since then. Now, every game doesn't look like an And-1 Mixtape.

Did you look at the spreadsheet I posted?
Old 04-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #173
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
For example, I loaded the same roster with a Pro Settings file and modified sliders (which I will post or PM if you're interested). So far, here are some stats between Mia and Mia with 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter:

38 to 34
15-30 (50%) to 15-33 (45%)
1-5 (20%) 3PTA to 1-4 (25%)
7-8 FTA (87%) to 3-3 FTA (100%)
3 Dunks to 3
0 FB points to 2
18 PIP to 14
3 TO to 4

One team has taken:

9 shots at the rim
8 shots from the restricted area to the FT line (3-15 FT)
12 shots between the FT line and the 3PT line (16-23 FT)
4 3PT

The other team has taken:

8 shots at the rim
6 shots from the restricted area to the FT line (3-15 FT)
11 shots from the FT line to the 3PT line (16-23 FT)
5 3PT

Miami takes 37 shots per game from 0-15 FT and 38 from 16 and out. The ratios I just posted are nearly EXACTLY the same as they are averaging IRL.
Wow . . . That is crazy interesting. The sliders, are they the same as the pro coefficients in JWill's thread or different.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #174
MVP

Quote:
Wow . . . That is crazy interesting. The sliders, are they the same as the pro coefficients in JWill's thread or different.
Considerably different. I respect his work and agree with it, but what I expect to see on the court isn't accomplished by using his edits. Again, I don't think any of us understand 2k's AI NEARLY as much as we think we do. I'll go ahead and post them:

Inside 41
Close 49
Mid 53
3PT 49
Layup 47
DIT 50
DIT Success 50
Pass 43
Alley Oop 50
Contact Shot 35

Driving Contact 0
Inside Contact 0
Layyp Takeoff 100
Layup Gather 100
Jump Shot Gather 50
Jump Shot Release 50
Help D 100
Steal 50

Quickness 0
Vertical 35
Strength 50
Stamina 50
Speed 50
Durability 50
Hustle 50
Handling 43
Hands 43
Dunking 50
On Ball D 50
Stealing 50
Blocking 100
OFF AWA 100
DEF AWA 100
OFF Reb 100
Def Reb 50
Consistency 0
Fatigue Rate 57
Injury Frequ 50
Injury Severity 50

Take Inside 50
Take Close 50
Take Mid 90
Take 3PT 45
Post Shots 100
Attack 50
Look for Post 100
Thow Oops 100
Dunks 50
Putbacks 50
Play Lanes 100
On Ball steals 0
Contest Shots 100
Backdoor 100

OTB Foul 100
Charging 100
BLocking 75
Reaching 50
Shooting 100
Loose Ball 100

Those are the sliders I used to get the stats I posted a few minutes ago.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #175
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
That first paragraph made me LOL, for real. That's funny.

With Leftos' editor, I globally set all of the fancy dribble tendencies and the fancy shot tendencies to 0. What I saw after that was that, when the situation called for it in-game, players would either make those moves (crossover/stepback/in and out, etc) or they would take those shots (fadeaway, drifter, etc). I have left them at 0 since then. Now, every game doesn't look like an And-1 Mixtape.

Did you look at the spreadsheet I posted?
Yes, I was wondering if all those zeros were a typo, I knew you kept it low but damn. After reading that it makes sense now.

So does that mean there is no way to eliminate "spin cycle" at the end of the shot clock. That sucks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #176
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Hey what do you think about the buzz surrounding the latest Roster update, all placebo? Is there a way to check by what you guys do over in slider coefficient land?
Haven't heard anything about the new one.

To check for correct values, you have to start a game vs the cpu, then switch teams. Instead of hitting X/A, hit back then the game will say something about not earning trophies. Ignore that then back out until u get to the substitution screen. There u will be able to see what is affected.

The key here is to avoid going back to gameplay or else the game will realize u are the user controlling the other team and negate the boost that the cpu usually gets (you won't see the +/- next to the ratings).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »