Home

Old 04-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #177
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Yes, I was wondering if all those zeros were a typo, I knew you kept it low but damn. After reading that it makes sense now.

So does that mean there is no way to eliminate "spin cycle" at the end of the shot clock. That sucks.
The end of the shot clock makes the CPU get uber aggressive. A lot of the intense driving to the rack happens at the end of the clock or when the CPU transitions from FB to FL. The only thing I know to end that madness is to raise shooting tendency sliders which will influence them to shoot earlier in the shot clock. Also, raising the pull up tendency for players who like to shoot off the dribble would help, also.

With proper spacing on Hot Spots and all players having a high Spot Up Tendency, ball movement improves and players are more likely to take shots from their "spots" within the flow of the offense. With the edits I've done and playing/watching on PRO with edited sliders, most of the action you'll see in FL sets is PNR, Spot Up, or Post Up.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #178
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Considerably different. I respect his work and agree with it, but what I expect to see on the court isn't accomplished by using his edits. Again, I don't think any of us understand 2k's AI NEARLY as much as we think we do. I'll go ahead and post them:

Inside 41
Close 49
Mid 53
3PT 49
Layup 47
DIT 50
DIT Success 50
Pass 43
Alley Oop 50
Contact Shot 35

Driving Contact 0
Inside Contact 0
Layyp Takeoff 100
Layup Gather 100
Jump Shot Gather 50
Jump Shot Release 50
Help D 100
Steal 50

Quickness 0
Vertical 35
Strength 50
Stamina 50
Speed 50
Durability 50
Hustle 50
Handling 43
Hands 43
Dunking 50
On Ball D 50
Stealing 50
Blocking 100
OFF AWA 100
DEF AWA 100
OFF Reb 100
Def Reb 50
Consistency 0
Fatigue Rate 57
Injury Frequ 50
Injury Severity 50

Take Inside 50
Take Close 50
Take Mid 90
Take 3PT 45
Post Shots 100
Attack 50
Look for Post 100
Thow Oops 100
Dunks 50
Putbacks 50
Play Lanes 100
On Ball steals 0
Contest Shots 100
Backdoor 100

OTB Foul 100
Charging 100
BLocking 75
Reaching 50
Shooting 100
Loose Ball 100

Those are the sliders I used to get the stats I posted a few minutes ago.
You're breaking my heart, now I have to write VT and Paul_Pierce an apology letter. Lol

Ill hold off on that until I'm convinced I can't fix this game through tendency edits.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #179
MVP

Quote:
You're breaking my heart, now I have to write VT and Paul_Pierce an apology letter. Lol

Ill hold off on that until I'm convinced I can't fix this game through tendency edits.
Ha! You can influence (to some degree, and I'm not 100% certain on this) what players do on the FB but you can't make them FB through individual player tendencies. I am wondering if Attack the Basket is an on ball tendency and if DTL is an off-ball tendency. I am thinking they work that way.

If so, raising Attack the Basket would make players drive to the rack like a jailbreak and raising DTL would influence players to crash the basket without the ball when running a break and possibly when setting a pick in FL PNR. I'm pretty sure that set PNR plays have options built in to tell the pick setter whether to fade/roll/pop and that those options MAY override individual player tendencies that would influence that behavior. I'm not sure about that, though.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #180
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Ha! You can influence (to some degree, and I'm not 100% certain on this) what players do on the FB but you can't make them FB through individual player tendencies. I am wondering if Attack the Basket is an on ball tendency and if DTL is an off-ball tendency. I am thinking they work that way.

If so, raising Attack the Basket would make players drive to the rack like a jailbreak and raising DTL would influence players to crash the basket without the ball when running a break and possibly when setting a pick in FL PNR. I'm pretty sure that set PNR plays have options built in to tell the pick setter whether to fade/roll/pop and that those options MAY override individual player tendencies that would influence that behavior. I'm not sure about that, though.
Attack the basket was my next talking point for your 2 games did you have it set to 20?

I was doing some testing with pick and roll in regards to play calling (check out my findings in the "how to make teams play . . ." Thread) I found that the plays design is kind of set in stone but the likely hood of certain pick and roll being called for certain pick and roll men is based off of DTL. (That's a point for you in the off ball tendency department).

Basically I lowered Tim Duncan's drive the lane tendency into the 20 because auto play calling was not choosing the pick and fade mid plays. And that worked like a charm.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #181
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Wow, that attack the basket theory is not that bad actually. You wouldn't even have to adjust shooting tendencies.

Check this out: shoot from triple threat makes a player do just that. A meat and potatoes, no dribble jump shot.

Pull up makes a player shoot off his dribble.

And a combination of the two makes players more likely to use the one dribble pull up animations. (I tested this to death. It's truth)

Maybe it is possible to have attack the basket above 1 without sacrificing gameplay if shoot from triple threat was raised for guards and forwards who have no business being aggressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2013, 08:57 AM   #182
MVP

Quote:
Wow, that attack the basket theory is not that bad actually. You wouldn't even have to adjust shooting tendencies.

Check this out: shoot from triple threat makes a player do just that. A meat and potatoes, no dribble jump shot.

Pull up makes a player shoot off his dribble.

And a combination of the two makes players more likely to use the one dribble pull up animations. (I tested this to death. It's truth)

Maybe it is possible to have attack the basket above 1 without sacrificing gameplay if shoot from triple threat was raised for guards and forwards who have no business being aggressive.
I can see those being testable ideas. I believe that every time a player catches a pass in a standing position (not running) they are in a triple threat position. Have you heard/read this?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #183
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

That it is indeed the case but lets save that for later. In my imagination I can see it presenting its own problem with scrubs taking shots you would rather have them pass up on.

Like I said I'm away from the game until Monday but I'm now really curious to partake in your part of the test. Those results really shattered a few ideas about editing this game.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #184
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Once you finish doing all this testing and stuff, you gonna release a roster? I'm looking for some good gameplay. Every time I watch an NBA game then play 2K right after it makes me a little depressed lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »