Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #185
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Once you finish doing all this testing and stuff, you gonna release a roster? I'm looking for some good gameplay. Every time I watch an NBA game then play 2K right after it makes me a little depressed lol
I hadn't planned on it, I'd be using the sim world roster with Slimm's edits. I'd probably would need both their consent . . . And I don't know how to upload a hex edited Roster to mediafire. Combine all of that with how lazy I am and 2k20 might come out before I get this complete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #186
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Lol you should consider, I'm sure someone can tell you how to load it because you're playing with my emotions over here lol
Old 04-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #187
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I hadn't planned on it, I'd be using the sim world roster with Slimm's edits. I'd probably would need both their consent . . . And I don't know how to upload a hex edited Roster to mediafire. Combine all of that with how lazy I am and 2k20 might come out before I get this complete.
You know what also would be great if you went ahead and posted a blog about the testing and findings you have discovered about how to get teams to play more like they do in real life and a list of things users can adjust to see those results. Between this thread and the ( getting teams to play like real life thread)
You and Slimm having posting some great findings.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #188
MVP

OVR: 19

I am comfortable that the following statements are conclusive:

1. Drive the Lane affects off-ball moves ONLY and influences the player to cut to the rim in FL situations, FB situations, and after setting a pick in a PNR. If this tendency is at 100, the player will roll/cut to the rim nearly every possession WITHOUT the ball. This tendency does not effect players with the ball. Off the ball (not in PNR) usually occurs from the top of the key or one of the elbows. I believe that the Backdoor Cut slider effects cuts on the baseline, not this tendency.

2. Attack the Basket effects players with the ball ONLY. The higher the tendency, the greater the likelihood the player with the ball will try to drive to the basket in FL, FB, and PNR situations where they are the ball handler. When this is set at 100, even with the Coaching Profile Slider and In-Game Slider set at 0, a player will nearly always drive toward the rim and will usually only stop if they are stood up/lose dribble (by players with high strength and/or on-ball defense ratings) or if they have a high Pass Out Tendency. This tendency does not effect players without the ball. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TENDENCY TO BE SET HIGHER THAN 50.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 04-08-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:18 PM   #189
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Back for round two:

I implemented Slimm's tendency edits and made everyone's drive the lane tendency 0 because I really wanted to see the results SLIMM got first hand.

A mirror match between the heat vs the heat but with a little bit of a twist

The home team coach profile is more aggressive.

Offensive Tempo H/50 - A/0

Fastbreak H/50 - A/0

Attack the basket H/50 - A/0

Game stats H - A

FBP 18 - 8

Points in the paint 58 - 54

Freethrows 20 of 24 - 9 of 9

Patty cake patty cake. When I did my first test with drive the lane at 100 there was no sharing, I would venture forth the nation that this is a ball hog slider amongst other things.

Because with drive the lane at zero everyone was content to run the play to completion. And in freelance mode it was all about passing it around until someone posted up . . . With a few distinction

The more aggressive home team (attack the basket 50) would take opportunistic drives. If the ball was kicked out from the post or a double team than the home team would attack (24 freethrows).

Here is what's interesting when the away team was in those situations the Lebron or Dwayne would drive right up to the freethrow line and pass it to Udonis or Shane cutting to the basket.

this is why points in the paint are identical but there is a huge difference in free throw numbers. they used two different means to score inside but got the same result.

I have a theory on why Shane went off. With drive the lane at 0 the stars are more willing to share the ball (drive less). They still act like they want to drive, jab steps, drawing doubles, etc. so the defense sinks off of the least threatening person. For me it was Haslem for SLIMM it was Shane.

Home team Haslem went 7/7 off of easy layups

And away team Haslem went 6/9 off of similar looks. He shot more baseline jumpers.

Offensive tempo played a huge roll with drive the lane at zero.
SLIMM's shot tendencies are the lowest of any Roster and it showed. all most every possession that was not a fast break went down to the last 5 second where the ball handler then became super aggressive.

After this test I'm confident in two things.

The fastbreak slider is like that scene in a sci-fi movie where the hatch door is closing while the hero is running towards it because there's fire or monsters behind him. The window is gonna close in a few seconds whether you've scored or not. Raising the slider is the equivalent of Vin Diesel trying to keep the doors pushed apart in order to buy you a few seconds.

The second thing I'm sure of is points in the paint can definetly be controlled but at a cost.

Lowering close and inside in the coach profile will definetly work but (I think) it has a detrimental effect on play calling.

Raising shoot from triple threat and pull up will also help but you don't really want bigs and scrubs doing that as their first option.

Maybe a gradual implementation of both of these strategies will lead to desirable numbers for points in the paint.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-09-2013 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #190
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I am comfortable that the following statements are conclusive:

1. Drive the Lane affects off-ball moves ONLY and influences the player to cut to the rim in FL situations, FB situations, and after setting a pick in a PNR. If this tendency is at 100, the player will roll/cut to the rim nearly every possession WITHOUT the ball. This tendency does not effect players with the ball. Off the ball (not in PNR) usually occurs from the top of the key or one of the elbows. I believe that the Backdoor Cut slider effects cuts on the baseline, not this tendency.

2. Attack the Basket effects players with the ball ONLY. The higher the tendency, the greater the likelihood the player with the ball will try to drive to the basket in FL, FB, and PNR situations where they are the ball handler. When this is set at 100, even with the Coaching Profile Slider and In-Game Slider set at 0, a player will nearly always drive toward the rim and will usually only stop if they are stood up/lose dribble (by players with high strength and/or on-ball defense ratings) or if they have a high Pass Out Tendency. This tendency does not effect players without the ball. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TENDENCY TO BE SET HIGHER THAN 50.

Haha we must've posted at the same time.

Edit: nevermind it just took me a half hour to write that

Welcome back to the debate.

Attack the basket . . . Are you talking about the slider next to "pass out"

My interpretation of that particular tendency slider was like an either or thing.

You say there is a definite correlation between aggressive driving and that slider.

I'm glad we're in different camps about the drive the lane slider but I just played and watched a few games with it a 0 and noticed a lllllllooooooottttt more passing.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #191
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Haha we must've posted at the same time.

Edit: nevermind it just took me a half hour to write that

Welcome back to the debate.

Attack the basket . . . Are you talking about the slider next to "pass out"

My interpretation of that particular tendency slider was like an either or thing.

You say there is a definite correlation between aggressive driving and that slider.

I'm glad we're in different camps about the drive the lane slider but I just played and watched a few games with it a 0 and noticed a lllllllooooooottttt more passing.
I agree about more passing with DTL at 0. I think it's because the AI limits what a player is able to do in a given space of time. Usually, in FL, a player has the following options - spot up, set a pick, use a pick, ISO, set a screen, use a screen, cut to the basket, post up, take a shot, or pass. In my roster, the only available options are - spot up, set a pick, use a pick, cut to the basket, post up, take a shot, or pass.

When you eliminate cut to the basket by setting Give and Go and DTL to 0, it cuts the options to spot up, set pick, use pick, post up, take a shot, or pass, and most players don't have the option to post up. I think we can both agree this not only leads to better ball movement but also more court spacing and the lane being clogged less.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2013, 08:31 AM   #192
MVP

Melbournelad's Arena

OVR: 6

Good to see you two collaborating.

Like someone else said, it would be great if once you have a acheived a pretty desirable result you could post your coaching profile edits for all teams.

(Even better if you could take a look at the SwaGGed Out roster)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »