Home

Old 03-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #17
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
I was just about to say this about the Heat also that there tempo should be low based on synergy and hoopdata.com, probably a good idea to use hoopdata.com to figure out what each teams tempo should be set at. Is anyone familiar on how to implement hoopdata.com info into the 2K rosters for tempo,inside scoring, midrange, etc?
Slimm44 or something like that has a great thread about it over on the PC forum. That's the one I'm gonna use, when Reditor drops and I get my new Sim world Roster. (Complete with Spread Sheets).
Old 03-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #18
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
What I mean by "standing around" is the time spent doing nothing while waiting for a play to be called. This happens when a low offensive tempo team has a high run play setting. Because offensive tempo determines how much the ball moves around and having run plays high allows for 7 or 8 seconds of "do your thing homie" before a play is called the low offensive team will stand there for a bit and then all at once run to their positions to start a play.
It looks dumb.
oh I got ya. See someone said that off tempo was reversed. Meaning low tempo means they push high tempo means they won't. This thread intrigues me so please don't misunderstand my questions as I'm disputing what you are saying.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #19
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
oh I got ya. See someone said that off tempo was reversed. Meaning low tempo means they push high tempo means they won't. This thread intrigues me so please don't misunderstand my questions as I'm disputing what you are saying.
The slider is correct, the sim engine confirms that but I could see why people would say its broken as opposed to reversed. A team will push (rather uneccasarily on a rebound but if you stop the push than they get reeeeeaaaalll slow prior to their offense, my last post just covered that lamentation. That particular dilemma only happens to teams with real low Tempo. i think this game is programmed heavily towards aggression (high points in paint). But this is easily negated with a low run play setting.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-09-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkillz
I also wanted to kno if you or anyone else knew what the double team & Bench depth sliders do because I think the cpu doubles to early in games leaving guys wide open & trying to figure out how to get the cpu players out the game once in foul trouble (ex. 2 fouls in 1st qtr)
Double teaming is something that the CPU does when someone gets hot you can't stop them from doing that.
The slider in the coach profile determines how willing and often they double team regardless of whether or not the player is in Ramma lamma ding dong mode. It looks good especially combined with high help defense.

The bench depth slider set to 0 makes a coach stick to the minutes and rotation assigned. Set higher scrubs stay in longer depending on how well they do. You'll notice if your starting pg has two quick turnovers he is coming out the game.
I can not attest to how well the CPU handles foul trouble. Sometimes they're smart sometimes "why the **** is he playing in the second quarter with 4 fouls.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #21
MVP

It would be good, if we can figure out what each's teams tempo, fastbreak and run plays slider should be set at, and have it actually coincide with accurate NBA teams data, and also achieve realistic gameplay from that team. Like with Miami I'm guessing there tempo would be set low, but what about there fastbreak slider and run plays? I'm guessing Runplays would be set alittle high, since they do get out and run, but then what about run plays, should it be set high,low, mid? I thought someone on another thread that Miami for example run plays sliders would be high, since they actually do run alot of strict offensive sets when they do run plays?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #22
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
It would be good, if we can figure out what each's teams tempo, fastbreak and run plays slider should be set at, and have it actually coincide with accurate NBA teams data, and also achieve realistic gameplay from that team. Like with Miami I'm guessing there tempo would be set low, but what about there fastbreak slider and run plays? I'm guessing Runplays would be set alittle high, since they do get out and run, but then what about run plays, should it be set high,low, mid? I thought someone on another thread that Miami for example run plays sliders would be high, since they actually do run alot of strict offensive sets when they do run plays?
I think it'll be easy to figure out once I get the shooting percentages close to accurate. Then it just becomes a matter of how many possessions each team has most of the league camps out at 81 - 83 ish for FGA so the variance won't be a pain in the butt.

I have to laugh because now I see the value in having run plays set to 1 for certain teams. When I first saw that in a thread I thought, "what arbitrary bull****." But now I see that it allows lower offensive tempo teams to break but reels them in pretty fast if the break isn't working.

I gotta mess around with sim engine to see where FGA land with what I have offensive tempo at currently. The problem is freethrows may be a big factor. In my current Roster there is not nearly enough charity shots.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #23
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Ay Trey can you give me settings for two teams so I can test things out? Some things I'm still not seeing. thanks
Old 03-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I think it'll be easy to figure out once I get the shooting percentages close to accurate. Then it just becomes a matter of how many possessions each team has most of the league camps out at 81 - 83 ish for FGA so the variance won't be a pain in the butt.

I have to laugh because now I see the value in having run plays set to 1 for certain teams. When I first saw that in a thread I thought, "what arbitrary bull****." But now I see that it allows lower offensive tempo teams to break but reels them in pretty fast if the break isn't working.

I gotta mess around with sim engine to see where FGA land with what I have offensive tempo at currently. The problem is freethrows may be a big factor. In my current Roster there is not nearly enough charity shots.

Very interesting thread. I'm betting by having teams offensive tempo, run plays and fastbreak sliders set more accurate, we would probably see alot of true to life gameplay from the teams. Do you have a guess or estimate of what the Heat, Lakers, Denver and Clippers for example, tempo/fastbreak/runplays coach slider should be set at?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »