Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2013, 01:05 AM   #241
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Lool yeah sorry mate like i said i really shouldn't have mentioned what roster i was using. I'm just at a loss as to what to set offensive tempo too. Could you at least pm me what you have set yours at?

Just have one more question, have you simmed any matches with the testing your doing to see the sim results you get? Or just focusing on gameplay?
Because I appreciate your commitment to ensuring that I get yelled at I went ahead and simmed two seasons just now. I'm still working with someone else's roster that I've plugged shot tendency and shot locations into for the Heat so the percentages are off but attempts are more accurate than I thought they would be considering I haven't touched up all the other variables that go into it. Because of the changes I made I was worried that 3pointers might be out of control but it turned out fine.

You should read up on SLIMMs scale. he's got a thread somewhere in PC land that is really detailed in regards to sim stats.
Everything involving stats I'm going to put into my Roster they way it's written up. Making revisions for trades, injuries, line up changes etc. but I plan on making a few big cosmetic changes that ill tell you/everyone about soon.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-12-2013 at 01:33 AM.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 01:28 AM   #242
MVP
 
Melbournelad's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,595
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Because I appreciate your commitment to ensuring that I get yelled at I went ahead and simmed two seasons just now. I'm still working with someone else's roster that I've plugged shot tendency and shot locations into for the Heat so the percentages are off but attempts are more accurate than I thought they would be considering I haven't touched up all the other variables that go into it. Because of the changes I made I was worried that 3pointers might be out of control but it turned out fine.

You should read up on SLIMMs scale. he's got a thread somewhere in PC land that is really detailed in regards to sim stats.
Although i'm not sure why you feel so concerned about what paul_pierce is going to say to you if you critique his roster lol, thanks for the answer.
Melbournelad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #243
MVP
 
G0DZGiFT's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Because I appreciate your commitment to ensuring that I get yelled at I went ahead and simmed two seasons just now. I'm still working with someone else's roster that I've plugged shot tendency and shot locations into for the Heat so the percentages are off but attempts are more accurate than I thought they would be considering I haven't touched up all the other variables that go into it. Because of the changes I made I was worried that 3pointers might be out of control but it turned out fine.

You should read up on SLIMMs scale. he's got a thread somewhere in PC land that is really detailed in regards to sim stats.
Everything involving stats I'm going to put into my Roster they way it's written up. Making revisions for trades, injuries, line up changes etc. but I plan on making a few big cosmetic changes that ill tell you/everyone about soon.
I'm excited because I've never been able to start an association with restarting and nitpicking at stuff and with the playoffs coming along ill need something to keep me from going crazy !
G0DZGiFT is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #244
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbournelad
Although i'm not sure why you feel so concerned about what paul_pierce is going to say to you if you critique his roster lol, thanks for the answer.
Early in this thread I tried editing the Heat to get them to play the way they do in real life, I have three downloaded rosters on my XBox (Paul's is not one of them) and all three played so aggressive that there was nothing I could do to the coach profile to stop Dwayne and Lebron from going nuts in transition. This is what led me to my testing on drive the lane. While I was wrong about about it being an on ball tendency it is the main reason why game play was ruined.

Long story short I posted my findings and he felt some kind of way about it.

Haha what's funny is I remember he wrote that his Lebron had a DTL tendency of 55 so maybe I should ask him for advice.

Anyway he politely asked me to keep his roster out of my test and I intend to do so. And since then I've been a little more careful with the way I word things. It is harder because I don't have a roster that I can direct everyone too for testing purposes.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #245
MVP
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zola Predosa,Italy
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
But here is what's great about Slimm's scale, if you check the HoopData shot locations for inside scoring you'll see that both Lebron and Wade are in THE TOP TEN for inside shot attempts per game. No other team is gonna give me a problem like these guys and I've already figured out how to get the team under 60 points in the paint a game. (Still working on lowering it and having great gameplay)

I'm really liking the results thus far. And my next idea is gonna be "Tomba level" crazy but I think it's gonna work and greatly improve the overall experience.
In this game you could give to a player 0 in inside shot and close and he still drive to the hoop.
The main tendency(in real life) of lebron and d-wade is not to score inside but to attack,to be aggressive.
If a defender leaves a mid shot to Wade,9 on 10 he will take it.
Stay one meter(sorry I'm Italian) away from Lebron and he will shoot a three with no hesitation.

A good combo of Pressure-Help Defense-Double Team is also important to force these super players to pass out the ball.
__________________
Boots..........To ASSES!!!!!!
Serra11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #246
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
In this game you could give to a player 0 in inside shot and close and he still drive to the hoop.
The main tendency(in real life) of lebron and d-wade is not to score inside but to attack,to be aggressive.
If a defender leaves a mid shot to Wade,9 on 10 he will take it.
Stay one meter(sorry I'm Italian) away from Lebron and he will shoot a three with no hesitation.

A good combo of Pressure-Help Defense-Double Team is also important to force these super players to pass out the ball.
0 in inside and close??

Actually I'm sure that's true given the attack tendency but for the most part if those two tendency aren't high, with good freelance spot up locations you can definetly keep a player out of the lane for good. I did it with Hornececk and he had a 26 for inside shooting.

You have to give a player a reason to do something else. Raising Hornececk's shoot from triple threat made him a gunslinger off of a screen and limiting his hot spots to around the 3pt line ensured that he kept his pasty white *** outside of the paint.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-12-2013 at 10:53 AM.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #247
MVP
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zola Predosa,Italy
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
0 in inside and close??

Actually I'm sure that's true given the attack tendency but for the most part if those two tendency aren't high, with good freelance spot up locations you can definetly keep a player out of the lane for good. I did it with Hornececk and he had a 26 for inside shooting.
I experimented this with Chalmers.0 in close,inside,mid and 40-50 in drive:he still drove to the hoop if he had a clear lane to the rim.And I think it is reasonable thing.

However I'm with you.A good balance is far away better than go with extremes numbers.
__________________
Boots..........To ASSES!!!!!!
Serra11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #248
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Damn I'm wrong way too much to have all these opinions. Someone should have taught how read stat sheets in grade school.

So Miami only has 12.1 fastbreak points a game (thank you team rankings.com). And they get 8.3 steals a game. So that pretty much accounts for all of their transition points.

This team is going to be easier to control than I thought. Since having the slider at 0 got me 6 to 8 fastbreak points a game. However I'm still curious to know what effects game tempo has on the fastbreak slider.

The biggest headache I can see right now is, how on earth am I suppose to get them to 41 points in the paint a game.

I have to do more CPUvCPU testing (boo) to get trustworthy results on this.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-12-2013 at 12:24 PM.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Top -