Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2013, 02:18 PM   #265
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
It does have an effect on playcalling.
At the extremes maybe, I was able to attribute what I saw to other reasons.

And it isn't illogical for Westbrook to get a great deal of plays called for him given his touch tendency. Run that back and tell me how it pans out. And for me can you give Westbrook only ISO plays that involve point guards. (Ie. pick solo, 1 go, things like that.)

I would definetly like to know what your findings will be for that.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 02:29 PM   #266
MVP
 
OVR: 12
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Zola Predosa,Italy
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
At the extremes maybe, I was able to attribute what I saw to other reasons.

And it isn't illogical for Westbrook to get a great deal of plays called for him given his touch tendency. Run that back and tell me how it pans out. And for me can you give Westbrook only ISO plays that involve point guards. (Ie. pick solo, 1 go, things like that.)

I would definetly like to know what your findings will be for that.
I did the same test with the Spurs,involving Parker and Duncan(same touches tendency).
And I obtained the same result:a lot of plays for Duncan with 100 inside shot coach profiles,more plays called for TP with 100 mid coach profile.

However the other aspect that you and Slimm are testing now are more important than this.
Tomorrow I will tell my thoughts about the pull-up tendency.

However my result
__________________
Boots..........To ASSES!!!!!!
Serra11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #267
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
I did the same test with the Spurs,involving Parker and Duncan(same touches tendency).
And I obtained the same result:a lot of plays for Duncan with 100 inside shot coach profiles,more plays called for TP with 100 mid coach profile.

However the other aspect that you and Slimm are testing now are more important than this.
Tomorrow I will tell my thoughts about the pull-up tendency.

However my result
When the touch tendencies aren't identical, what happens? Say you lowered Tim or raised Parker but kept inside at 100 what happens then?

Edit: also I have a disgusting amount of free time at my job. So time is no issue.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-12-2013 at 02:49 PM.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #268
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
I did the same test with the Spurs,involving Parker and Duncan(same touches tendency).
And I obtained the same result:a lot of plays for Duncan with 100 inside shot coach profiles,more plays called for TP with 100 mid coach profile.

However the other aspect that you and Slimm are testing now are more important than this.
Tomorrow I will tell my thoughts about the pull-up tendency.

However my result
1. How many more plays were called for each player depending on how the Tendencies were set?
2. Are you looking at how many plays are called or how many shots each player takes?
3. What were the assigned play types for each player?
4. What were their Individual Shot Location Tendencies?
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #269
MVP
 
G0DZGiFT's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

So far one last question, when you say 0-25-50 scale, that doesn't mean anything in between, it jus means strictly 0, 25 or 50 right.
G0DZGiFT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #270
MVP
 
OVR: 19
Join Date: Sep 2005
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
So far one last question, when you say 0-25-50 scale, that doesn't mean anything in between, it jus means strictly 0, 25 or 50 right.
Yes, that's how I do it.
__________________
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
slimm44 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #271
MVP
 
G0DZGiFT's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2007
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Trey, I seen you speaking about hotspots. Is there any specific scale you guys use to edit hotspots?
G0DZGiFT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #272
Pro
 
bigtreydawg's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: The Vic
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Trey, I seen you speaking about hotspots. Is there any specific scale you guys use to edit hotspots?
A guy named Bedwardsroy has a good PS3 roster he did a great write up on floor spacing for hot spots.

The shorthand: dot the perimeter with your guards and small forwards put your bigs on the baseline. Make the necessary adjustments based on the player your working with. For instance you may be tempted to put Kevin Love all around the 3pt line. Don't do that, he is the best rebounder in this game, if you want him to shoot 3s there are plenty of pick and pop plays.

At your freelance screen strip everything.

Give everyone 90+ in spot up
Guards get use pick
Bigs get set pick and post up

There's all kinds of little cool tricks you can do with this that will have you tinkering around with it till the end of time.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-12-2013 at 09:50 PM.
bigtreydawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 AM.

Top -