Home

Old 04-12-2013, 09:22 PM   #289
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Ok, so what does exactly the coach profiles tendency controls as far as how a team plays then? Also the stuff like the size-speed, guards-forwards, etc things in the coach profiles, does these have any effect on how the teams actually play?
Size,guard/forward etc is all gm stuff for trades and drafts. Over in whatever thread they tested that. Coach profile shot locations are team tendency sliders that don't have a heavy effect on individual sliders. Think of the 3pt coach profile slider as a gentle pat on Ray Allen shoulder letting Ray Allen know its ok to go ham from deep.

The reason I lower inside and close is there is way to much passing back forward between the center and the power forward in order to try to get the easiest shot possible.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:38 AM   #290
MVP

OVR: 19

I don't like to go off of single season stats, so I average the player's most recent 3 years. Remember, Shot Location Ratings and Shot Location Tendencies (Inside, Close, Mid, 3PT) are found at hoopdata.com (per 40 minute stats) and the other ratings that are statistical (passing, rebounding, blocking, stealing, off/def AWA) are found at basketball-reference.com

JR Smith's ratings/tendencies should be:

Shot Inside 90
Shot Close 70
Shot Mid 84
Shot 3PT 82
Pass 50
Block 32
Steal 63
Off Reb 41
Def Reb 67
Def AWA 75
OFF AWA 60

Take Shot 58
Inside 30
Close 25
Mid 55
3PT 50
Touch 72

For Defensive Awareness, you subtract Defensive Win Shares from Defensive Rating. For Offensive Awareness, you add Offensive Win Shares to Offensive Rating. Lower defensive numbers means better ratings and higher offensive numbers mean better ratings.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:18 AM   #291
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
For shooting ratings I see that you've changed it a little. Is this for field goal percentage purposes?
Here are his 3 year averages:

Inside 58%, 65%, 67% = 63% = 90(91)
Close 26%, 35%, 37% = 33% = 75
Mid 48%, 41%, 40% = 43% = 86
3PT 39%, 35%, 35% = 36% = 80

I'm not gonna sweat a point or two. The sim-engine allows for some variance and, depending on when you calculate ratings, you'll get slightly different ratings. I haven't changed the rating scales since I developed them at the beginning of last year or the year before that, I can't remember which. The only thing 2k has changed in the sim-engine, as far as I can tell, is they raised the Inside Shot Rating this year. I believe it tops out at around 67-68.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 01:43 AM   #292
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Here are his 3 year averages:

Inside 58%, 65%, 67% = 63% = 90(91)
Close 26%, 35%, 37% = 33% = 75
Mid 48%, 41%, 40% = 43% = 86
3PT 39%, 35%, 35% = 36% = 80

I'm not gonna sweat a point or two. The sim-engine allows for some variance and, depending on when you calculate ratings, you'll get slightly different ratings. I haven't changed the rating scales since I developed them at the beginning of last year or the year before that, I can't remember which. The only thing 2k has changed in the sim-engine, as far as I can tell, is they raised the Inside Shot Rating this year. I believe it tops out at around 67-68.
Ok.

I gotta start writing stuff down I want to ask you (it's been a long day). But freethrows (at least on console) yield higher percentages than they should. Are you experiencing this as well?
Old 04-13-2013, 02:31 AM   #293
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Size,guard/forward etc is all gm stuff for trades and drafts. Over in whatever thread they tested that. Coach profile shot locations are team tendency sliders that don't have a heavy effect on individual sliders. Think of the 3pt coach profile slider as a gentle pat on Ray Allen shoulder letting Ray Allen know its ok to go ham from deep.

The reason I lower inside and close is there is way to much passing back forward between the center and the power forward in order to try to get the easiest shot possible.
Ok, cool. Man that passing back and forward between the center and power forward drives me crazy. So I need to lower the inside and close shot in the teams coach profiles, ok. So I wanted to use hoopdata.com to implement the teams shooting tendencies from the locations. What formula are you guys using to implement the inside,close, midrange and 3point shot tendnecies for each team? Maybe the attempted amount from each location that hoopdata.com has multiplied times 3? IDK
Old 04-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #294
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

@slimm44 are you gonna update your rosters with all of yours and treys findings? Im really interested in getting a realistic gameplay and stats.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #295
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Ok, cool. Man that passing back and forward between the center and power forward drives me crazy. So I need to lower the inside and close shot in the teams coach profiles, ok. So I wanted to use hoopdata.com to implement the teams shooting tendencies from the locations. What formula are you guys using to implement the inside,close, midrange and 3point shot tendnecies for each team? Maybe the attempted amount from each location that hoopdata.com has multiplied times 3? IDK
I have every team's Coaching Profile set to:

Inside 0
Close 0
Mid 50
3PT 50

Aside from a few isolated issues that I am working on through editing Drive the Lane, Pull Up, Attack the Basket, and Triple Threat Shot, teams take the appropriate amount of shots per location. For example, Cleveland will live and die by the 3 but you will rarely see Chicago taking more than 15-18 per game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonapaloma
@slimm44 are you gonna update your rosters with all of yours and treys findings? Im really interested in getting a realistic gameplay and stats.
Probably, yes. Are you on PC? That's the format I'll release rosters for.

@ Trey - Regarding FT's, I haven't checked this year. You're talking about the sim-engine, correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #296
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I have every team's Coaching Profile set to:

Inside 0
Close 0
Mid 50
3PT 50

Aside from a few isolated issues that I am working on through editing Drive the Lane, Pull Up, Attack the Basket, and Triple Threat Shot, teams take the appropriate amount of shots per location. For example, Cleveland will live and die by the 3 but you will rarely see Chicago taking more than 15-18 per game.

Probably, yes. Are you on PC? That's the format I'll release rosters for.

@ Trey - Regarding FT's, I haven't checked this year. You're talking about the sim-engine, correct?
Yes, I don't know why that isn't accurate but I've had to lower mine 3 or 4 points to get people to put up their actual numbers. But I have not adjust draw/commit fouls so maybe with the appropriate amount of freethrows it's not an issue.

How's testing going, you posted earlier that the CPU has some amount of contextual dribble/shot moves programmed into it. I think that's why we see really heady spin moves when we reach in on the CPU.

I want to implement the zeroing out of dribble tendencies but I'm worried that may dull players like Kobe and Javalee MaGee (lol) a little too much. I can't pin point what exactly makes a player shoot a drifting shot in the lane (maybe fadeaway) but I have a lot of Dirk's circus shot tendencies cranked up and he lives off balanced now.

So is this the beginning of your slow dissent into eliminating shooting sliders *nudge nudge*?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »