Home

Old 04-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #313
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
1. How many more plays were called for each player depending on how the Tendencies were set?

Parker 0 inside shot,85 mid.
Tim 90 inside,0 mid.
Both 90 touches.

With 100 inside shot in coach profile,a lot of plays called for Duncan.
With 100 mid,more plays called for TP but Tim still involved.

2. Are you looking at how many plays are called or how many shots each player takes?

If a player takes a shot is determined by many other factors(who's guarding who,the arrive of a double team,the design of the play called etc...).

3. What were the assigned play types for each player?

High post plays for Tim and pick and roll for Parker

4. What were their Individual Shot Location Tendencies?
Duncan:90 inside,about 25 close,0 mid and 0 threes.
Paker:0 inside,about 20 close,85 mid and a low rating for threes.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #314
Rookie

jonapaloma's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Probably, yes. Are you on PC? That's the format I'll release rosters for.
Yes im on pc sound nice to hear you'll release an update
Old 04-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #315
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
I will go on record and say that coach profile shot tendencies have no bearing on types of plays called. Not afraid to admit when I am wrong...but gonna need some hard evidence without a lot of extra variables muddying the waters to be convinced.
About what play is going to be called...well I don't know.Maybe is more related to player tendencies...

To be crystal clear with my tests:
I have an inside scorer like Shaq and a perimeter scorer like Kobe.
Do I want to exploit the Diesel???I will raise inside close shot coach profile and drop the other shot location.
Do I want to make Kobe my go-to-guy???Mid and threes in coach profile higher than close and inside.

However I think it's nothing fundamental.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #316
MVP

OVR: 25

First off, great thread, great contributions.

I am going to attempt implementing most of the things covered here into a new "classic" roster I have started working on.

It's a 1990-91 roster, so some of the crazy aggression by the CPU plays to advantage a little. I'd like to see players attack more, but in more calculated way and less of a pull all stops(i.e. a combo of 3-5 dribble moves they have no tendency for to begin with) to get their approach.

That being said, I would still rather start from a place where the CPU is under aggressive as opposed to over.

Here is what I have so far based off the info in the thread.

Player Ratings:

Raise every players ball handle, lower ball security to the 20/30's to create more natural turnovers, and lower on ball D. Is that right? Also how would hands play into turnovers. Everyone on my roster has 80+ rating for hands. I know it factors into blocks so some guys would still need 99, perhaps a wider spread.

Player Tendencies:

I attempted to mirror slimms' scale for shot locations as best I could but there is no shot location data available that far back(other than 3's).

Every player has DTL at 0. Pull up is scaled 0-25-50-75-100 with high numbers given to guys who rarely drive all the way to the basket.

Attack the Basket is at 0 for everyone, Pass Out is at 100.

Triple Threat - Shot set high for catch and shoot players. Does Triple Threat need to high for this as well? No Triple threat 0 or 100 I have seen both. For pick and fade plays does the pick setter spot up location tendencies need to match up with the play called.

Free Lance - I only used Spot Up and Post Up so far. From the actual games I have watched from the 90-91 season most pick and roll's that were meant to score came off set plays or were part the action of a play that ended with a midrange shot(i.e. pick and roll on one side, down screen on the other for a midrange jumper). Granted I have only edited the Bulls and Lakers, I'm sure I will use the pick tendencies when I get to the Jazz. Touches for role players are set to zero.

Coach Profiles:

AVG. PPG in 90-91 - 106.3
AVG. PPG in 12-13 - 98.1

AVG. FGA in 90-91 - 87.2
AVG. FGA in 12-13 - 79.2

Needless to say in this area I am working in opposition to most of thread.

For example, the 90-91 Lakers. Their gameplan was pretty much run whenever the chance(long miss, live ball turnover, steal, etc) is there, but if no break is available slow down and get the ball to player who is posted up or run a set play.

Would a Tempo: 50, Fast Break: 75(I know this hasn't been really tested yet), and Run Plays: 25 be a good jumping off point for the Lakers coach profile.

I have Attack the Basket at 1 and shot locations of 0,0,50,25(way less three's back then so I may go even lower)

Sorry, to ask so much at once and I know a lot of things factor into all this and I have a wholly different roster than everyone else. If that makes most of my queries unanswerable I understand.

I am going to start testing with the 2 teams I have done just to get see how things are shaping up, after I implement the changes to ball handling, excited to see what kind of turnovers occur. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Last edited by qpc123; 04-13-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #317
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Nobody can "ruin" your discovers right now because you're completely right.
I discovered these things with 2k11 but I've never had time and probably the necessary language knowledge to write a post like your.

The "mismatches ratings" are:
ballhandling-onball defense
offensive post ability-defensive post ability(a difference of 50 points "unlock" an immediate offensive low post mismatch with double team)
strength(the same as above but does not determinate the need of a double team)

My suggestion are:
-on ball defense never under 60 because the low rated players are "perceived" like shadows by the cpu and this leads to a lot of unreal passes in the paint.
-on ball defense not above 85.This because a 99 on ball defender can bump every moves in this game!In real life Thabo can bump(and not always...) one or two times a player ike Kobe,but who can stop in a one on one situation Westbrook or TP???

Speed and quickness are not a factors in this case.
Immediate high post iso for Bosh,Odom,Garnett... are called because their onball ratings are higher I think 20-30 points than onball defense rating of their defending big man.

. . . Why didn't you tell me you were genius?

30 points for on ball

50 points for post.

Sweet. Thanks for the numbers
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #318
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I have a good grasp on what quickness does but strength for guards is really intriguing. Can you do a test on strength for a point guard (preferably a bad one) to see if he is able to "muscle" past his defender on a drive. Go to practice mode and do a bunch of layups with various settings for strength and see if you notice any difference.
I tested with all 4 of the spurs point guards setting tony parker at 99, Mills at 75 , Gary Neal at 42 and De Colo at 25. They all were guarded by westbrook and all of them were able to back down westbrook all the way to the goal...And i didn't notice any difference between them muscling past defenders or lay up animations
Old 04-13-2013, 08:43 PM   #319
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by naquank23
I tested with all 4 of the spurs point guards setting tony parker at 99, Mills at 75 , Gary Neal at 42 and De Colo at 25. They all were guarded by westbrook and all of them were able to back down westbrook all the way to the goal...And i didn't notice any difference between them muscling past defenders or lay up animations
When you say back down, do you mean in the post?

I should have been more specific.

When your trying to get past your defender on the perimeter a lot of the time you are met with a "wall" where a physics animation will initiate and you recoil to a neutral position.

Raising ball handling helps you "win" in those situations. Whenever you get a shoulder around your defender it means you have better handles than he has defense.

I want to know if the strength of the ball handler is a factor in whether or not a collision an animation goes the way of the ball handler. It's a very subjective test. That's why I suggested practice mode.

The difference (if there is any) will be easier to see at extremes. Take someone like Darren Collisen, give him a bunch of steroids (100 strength) and run him past a defender a few times.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #320
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
When you say back down, do you mean in the post?

I should have been more specific.

When your trying to get past your defender on the perimeter a lot of the time you are met with a "wall" where a physics animation will initiate and you recoil to a neutral position.

Raising ball handling helps you "win" in those situations. Whenever you get a shoulder around your defender it means you have better handles than he has defense.

I want to know if the strength of the ball handler is a factor in whether or not a collision an animation goes the way of the ball handler. It's a very subjective test. That's why I suggested practice mode.

The difference (if there is any) will be easier to see at extremes. Take someone like Darren Collisen, give him a bunch of steroids (100 strength) and run him past a defender a few times.
Yes it was in the post i just tried that on my own since that is real definition of the strength attribute but yes the wall is still there from 99 to 25 rating

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »