Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #321
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Did you turn fastbreak down in the coaching profiles??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #322
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by naquank23
Yes it was in the post i just tried that on my own since that is real definition of the strength attribute but yes the wall is still there from 99 to 25 rating
Ok. So it's just ball handling. That makes life easy.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #323
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Did you turn fastbreak down in the coaching profiles??
Huh?

Are you referring to all the test I should be doing lol. I'm at work now and I don't imagine I'll get to it tonight because I plan on being hammered.

I travel for work so I won't have results on those until Monday at the earliest.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #324
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote: (However this is not the case, the mismatch mechanic and the switching on screens mechanic is statistics based. If the ballhandler has significantly higher handles than the on-ball defense of the man guarding him then the computer will Iso the mismatch. I found this out when I gave Jeff Foster an 85 in ball handling (I know, I'm dumb). Even though Foster had no touch tendency and very little shot tendencies, without fail, whenever he was subbed in the CPU insisted on a High Post ISO. Because I had all of his dribble moves at zilch he literally sprinted into his defender (no contact animation) until he was close enough to put up a bad shot.

This is why Tomba's previous model of high handles low on-ball d won't work.

Also most of you should be able to see instances of this in your Roster. Power Forwards with good handles like Garnett and Bosh occasionally end up in this situation. I had to turn play vision on to see this because MIA High (the play in the Heat's playbook) and a wing Iso are very similar but through play vision I could see that they were calling a 'quick ISO' for Bosh when they really shouldn't be. But because his Handles were much higher than the perimeter D of Reggie Evans the CPU declared it a mismatch.)

That is very interesting Trey, I was not aware of this. I always just lowered onball defense (45)in the sliders this year just to make sure good ball handers could take bad perimeter defenders of the dribble and drive finish or drive and kick the ball out. So raising the onball defense puts out better animations in the game. I know you've been trying to achive good results without messing with the sliders and just edit the players but would I be able to achieve your results finding by raising the ball handling ratings in the sliders, and raising the on ball defensive slider between 70-85, or am I'm going about it wrong? Also I still wanted to see a example or equation on how you set your teams coach profile shooting sliders, like the one you posted for the Heat for example.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #325
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Huh?

Are you referring to all the test I should be doing lol. I'm at work now and I don't imagine I'll get to it tonight because I plan on being hammered.

I travel for work so I won't have results on those until Monday at the earliest.
lmao nah I jus thought that I seen you guys mention the fastbreak slider in coaching profiles. Only reason I asked is the knicks are flying downcourt or jus throwing it from one end to another lol smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #326
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Quote: (However this is not the case, the mismatch mechanic and the switching on screens mechanic is statistics based. If the ballhandler has significantly higher handles than the on-ball defense of the man guarding him then the computer will Iso the mismatch. I found this out when I gave Jeff Foster an 85 in ball handling (I know, I'm dumb). Even though Foster had no touch tendency and very little shot tendencies, without fail, whenever he was subbed in the CPU insisted on a High Post ISO. Because I had all of his dribble moves at zilch he literally sprinted into his defender (no contact animation) until he was close enough to put up a bad shot.

This is why Tomba's previous model of high handles low on-ball d won't work.

Also most of you should be able to see instances of this in your Roster. Power Forwards with good handles like Garnett and Bosh occasionally end up in this situation. I had to turn play vision on to see this because MIA High (the play in the Heat's playbook) and a wing Iso are very similar but through play vision I could see that they were calling a 'quick ISO' for Bosh when they really shouldn't be. But because his Handles were much higher than the perimeter D of Reggie Evans the CPU declared it a mismatch.)

That is very interesting Trey, I was not aware of this. I always just lowered onball defense (45)in the sliders this year just to make sure good ball handers could take bad perimeter defenders of the dribble and drive finish or drive and kick the ball out. So raising the onball defense puts out better animations in the game. I know you've been trying to achive good results without messing with the sliders and just edit the players but would I be able to achieve your results finding by raising the ball handling ratings in the sliders, and raising the on ball defensive slider between 70-85, or am I'm going about it wrong? Also I still wanted to see a example or equation on how you set your teams coach profile shooting sliders, like the one you posted for the Heat for example.
I think so, I don't know if sliders add to the already existing rating? Go for it.

I only found out about all of what I posted maybe a month or so ago. Apparently Serra11 has known about this SINCE 2K11!!!

What's funny is way back in this thread I advised people to lower on ball d to 27. I hope nobody remembers that.

For coach profiles the numbers I posted are in no way set in stone.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #327
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
. . . Why didn't you tell me you were genius?

30 points for on ball

50 points for post.

Sweet. Thanks for the numbers
So what can we determine from these numbers?

Perimeter
-Should the worse ball handling perimeter player have a 70 ball handling rating?
-Should the worst perimeter defender be 65?
-Should the best PF/C perimeter defender be at 65?
-Should the best ball handling bigman be able to take their opposition off the dribble? That would me most bigs would have their off ball D no greater than 35, right?

-Lets say Shaq has 99 post offense, does this mean most players would have 49 of less post defense since he was literally a nightly mismatch in the post?

Side note: I plan to implement most of these findings into a roster. Great work everyone who contributed.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 04-13-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:54 PM   #328
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
-Lets say Shaq has 99 post offense, does this mean most players would have 49 of less post defense since he was literally a nightly mismatch in the post?
I'll look into this once I get to a team with a dominate post player, the need for that big a difference could explain why CPU Shaq is never really the force he should be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »