Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2013, 10:21 PM   #337
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I see now that the majority of defenders are going to be in the 75 range. A couple are going to be in the 80 range and very few are going to get 85 (as far as on-ball D). The elite ball-handlers all have 95-85 ball-handling. It'll be interesting to see if the threshold to win the ball-handling animation is 10 points or more? Maybe even 5?

Can't wait to test this CPU vs CPU.
Please tell us what happens
Old 04-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #338
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
lmao nah I jus thought that I seen you guys mention the fastbreak slider in coaching profiles. Only reason I asked is the knicks are flying downcourt or jus throwing it from one end to another lol smh
Jeez this thread moves fast sometimes,

What is your fastbreak slider at and if I recall you said you lowered everyone's drive the lane to 0?
Old 04-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #339
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Almost done. Using Hyperballer's roster as a base I've adjusted everyone's ball-handling rating ( to at least an 80 for the guards and small forwards and face up big men to a 75-80) from the 76ers to the Kings.

Now to adjust the on-ball rating of those teams......

This is a lot of work T_T
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #340
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Almost done. Using Hyperballer's roster as a base I've adjusted everyone's ball-handling rating ( to at least an 80 for the guards and small forwards and face up big men to a 75-80) from the 76ers to the Kings.

Now to adjust the on-ball rating of those teams......

This is a lot of work T_T
Yeah, it is. It's worth it though, it's a shame I don't know much about Hype's Roster, in just cruising threw your thread I was able to see that you guys are having some kind of problem with big guys. What's going on there?

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-13-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:24 PM   #341
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
But you don't want the mismatch mechanic to kick in when there is an actual center guarding Shaq. The game adapts well enough to threats, they front him they'll try to knock away the entry pass they'll double when he gets hot.

You definitely don't want the game to think of Shaq as a "mismatch" by definition. Then the CPU offense will override every play that could have been called and do a "quick post" for Shaq. It would treat Shaq as if Derek Fisher were guarding him and you don't want that.
I should have been more clear. My intentions would be to scale Low Post Defense ratings in a similar manner to the on ball defense being discussed. For example the top end for Bigs low post defense would be 85(maybe 1 or exceptions). Hakeem Olajuwon is really the only center I can think of that was able to shut down his peers(Ewing, Robinson, Young Shaq) on a somewhat regular basis.

You are right I don't the CPU to see Shaq as mismatch against every center.

Also...

If I were to implement the 85 max on ball defense scale into my 90-91 roster, but want to account for hand checking, should bump the scale up +5 or +10 or would a slider adjustment work better.

Last edited by qpc123; 04-13-2013 at 11:29 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 PM   #342
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Also...

If I were to implement the 85 max on ball defense scale into my 90-91 roster, but want to account for hand checking, should bump the scale up +5 or +10 or would a slider adjustment work better.
What do you want to bump up by 5 or ten? Handles or on ball d? I'm sorry I don't quite understand your aim.

I do like the idea of "maxing out" post offense/defense. But I'm not sure what that would effect given that the post is already very physical.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 PM   #343
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
What do you want to bump up by 5 or ten? Handles or on ball d? I'm sorry I don't quite understand your aim.

I do like the idea of "maxing out" post offense/defense. But I'm not sure what that would effect given that the post is already very physical.
He means the on-ball defense. Should he up the on-ball defense rating or use the slider if he wants to account for the handchecking that went on in the 90's?
Old 04-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #344
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:

On Ball D, to account for hand checking.

No max for offense, I am just speculating that since I do not often see post players dominate as much as I think they should, perhaps shifting the scale for Low Post D lower and slightly raising Low Post Off. would lead to more dominate post play from players like Ewing, Shaq, etc.

I have not tested this at all, just liked the idea and will look into its merits at some point in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »