Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #353
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Damn do you have your driving contact turned up?
Driving Contact - 67
Inside Contact - 100
Layup Defense (Takeoff) - 67
Layup Defense (Release) 78
Jumpshot Defense (Gather) - 60
Jumpshot Defense (Release) - 63
Help Defense Strength - 90
Steal Success -53

These are I believe either JWILL's or HyperBaller's. Can't remember at the moment. What do you have yours on?

Edit: Also do you mind the play by play? I think it helps to give context instead of just noting when each post player gets the ball (like I was originally planning on doing...)

Last edited by DukeC; 04-14-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:39 AM   #354
Banned

DukeC's Arena

Alrighty then. Well the first play of the second quarter already happened. I'll change it now though for testing purposes.

As the Hawks begin the 2nd quarter Devin Harris brings the ball up the court. Pachulia sets a screen and Nate Robinson plays it the wrong way and goes under it which forces Noah to step up. With no defender in the middle of the paint Harris swings it to Pachulia which forces Gibson to rotate. Unfortunately Bellinelli does not rotate to bump the cutting Josh Smith. Pachulia makes the easy pass and Smith converts on the And 1 dunk as Noah was too late to recover. Smith makes the freethrow. (Driving slider now turned up to 100).

The Bulls inbound the ball to Nate Robinson who bombs it down court to a wide open Deng as Devin Harris didn't get all the way back after the made freethrow. Easy layup for Deng.

After that terrible display of defense the Hawks bring the ball down the court. Thery run a play which is an isolation for Josh Smith at the top of the key on Taj Gibson. Gibson has no chance of keeping up with Josh who hits him with a jab step, opening up his defensive stance. Josh hits him with an absurdly quick hesitation and Gibson can only look at the back of Smith's jersey. Josh now has a clean lane to the basket with no help rotating after beating his man one on one. He elevates and Noah wisely does not jump as Smith yams it down with authority!

Next trip down the court the Bulls pass it to a wide open Bellinelli on the wing. He takes a quick 3, but misses and Harris grabs the rebound. He races down the court takes a pull-up midrange jumper, but he too misses. Nate Robinson gets the rebound and passes it up to Deng who loses his handle on the ball, but the refs luckily bailed him out with a Kick Ball violation. The Bulls inbound the ball to Nate, who passes it to Bellinelli, who passes it to Deng, but forgot Deng wasn't 7 foot and almost threw it over his head. Deng manages to recover it and does a nifty behind the back reverse layup. He doesn't convert, but he did manage to get a foul call. Deng nails the first, and then the second as well.

The Hakws come down the court and looked as if they might call a quick post up for Josh Smith who had Deng on him. Instead they call a pick and roll for Teague who splits the defenders and gets a nice look at the basket but can't convert the layup.

On the ensuing possesion the Bulls pass the ball around until it ends up in Deng's hands in the corner. Deng attempts to drive baseline and the dreaded "wall" pops up once again. Deng is literally driving into the body of Pachulia and not a single animation is triggering. It should be noted at this point that all big men have a on-ball rating between 40 and 55. Could this be the problem? Anyway, Deng passes to a cutting Noah who converts yet another contested layup.

Next trip down the court the Hawks call for a quick post up on the left side for Josh Smith on Deng. The Bulls bring an immediate double team but Josh Smiths forces up the hook shot anyway. It clanks.

On two consecutive Bulls turnover Josh Smith gets an easy fast break dunk both times. Next possession for the Bulls they give it to Gibson on the low block against Josh Smith. He tries a turnaround fadeaway. It clanks.

Harris brings the ball down the court and the Bulls switch to some sort of zone. Josh Smith cuts into the open space and Harris hits him with a precision pass. Josh Smith pump fakes a couple of times, gets Gibson to jump and manages to get the And 1. Smith also gets his FT to fall.

Half time Hawks 16 Bulls 22. Not seeing enough touches for Boozer for the Bulls. He only touched the ball once and that was at the very beginning of the game. Josh Smith dominated the ball for the Hawks. Not enough touches for Horford who only took one shot at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Last edited by DukeC; 04-14-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:05 AM   #355
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Yes that is most certainly a problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 02:12 AM   #356
Banned

DukeC's Arena

Quote:
Yes that is most certainly a problem
What do you suggest it be? 65 at minimum for everyone (PF's and C's)? Should it be upped to 75? Because I still see a couple of instances on the perimeter where the "wall" is occuring and the on-ball is set to at least 75 for every guard and small forward.

I'll let this play till the end of the 1st half then go back to tweaking a couple of things. Gonna tweak the touches tendency for a couple of players and go tweak some more ratings....

Last edited by DukeC; 04-14-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:21 AM   #357
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
What do you suggest it be? 65 at minimum for everyone (PF's and C's)? Should it be upped to 75? Because I still see a couple of instances on the perimeter where the "wall" is occuring and the on-ball is set to at least 75 for every guard and small forward.

I'll let this play till the end of the 1st half then go back to tweaking a couple of things.
Josh Smith is also in the Dirk Novitski (sp) grey area I was concerned about

I like the letter grade approach. I consider Boozer a C defender on the perimeter so 75 is justified. And since you've had two glaring incidents of it I'm considering having the minimum be 70.

That Dunk that Smith got when he was Iso'd on Gibson, how'd it look?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:25 AM   #358
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Ugh I'd hate to employ this tactic just to validate my theory but lowering game speed into the low 40s goes a long way to ensuring that collisions register.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:26 AM   #359
Banned

DukeC's Arena

Quote:
Josh Smith is also in the Dirk Novitski (sp) grey area I was concerned about

I like the letter grade approach. I consider Boozer a C defender on the perimeter so 75 is justified. And since you've had two glaring incidents of it I'm considering having the minimum be 70.

That Dunk that Smith got when he was Iso'd on Gibson, how'd it look?
Well considering this is 2K Smith windmilled it . As far as the iso it looked very realistic. Gibson froze up completely on the hesitation and he tried to recover but it was far too late as Smith had already started his gather. He would have been still at the freethrow line had 2K not decided it was time for Smith to windmill it. He was way too far to try to jump and foul though which was nice. Noah tried to block it, but it was one of those "Hey it looked like I tried" ones.

As far as the Ball-handling would the face up PF/C then be required to have 90's in the Ball-handling?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:33 AM   #360
Banned

DukeC's Arena

Quote:
Ugh I'd hate to employ this tactic just to validate my theory but lowering game speed into the low 40s goes a long way to ensuring that collisions register.
UGH. I just tried it for a couple of minutes. Same problems were still occurring ("the wall"). I could accept the massive sluggishness if it helped, but it doesn't. 40-45 game speed is just way too sluggish anyways. I was pushing it by having it on 48 which seemed alright.

I'm actually getting more animations (contact dribble) to trigger at 55 game speed right now. Weird.

Another thing I'm noticing. A lot of the times the defense is winning these animations (by either forcing them to spin to the other side or forcing a stepback). This is with the dominant hand and with 90 rated ballhandlers in Teague and Harris going against Nate Robinson and Hinrich.

Edit: Okay, I found the problem. Something in my sliders is increasing the on-ball defense by 10....

I'm an idiot. Okay I had the CPU ball-handling at 36 and on-ball defense on 44 (because it was previously on Hall of Fame and the CPU gets like a +12 boost or something like that). I'll see how it plays out on 50 in this last quarter.

Last edited by DukeC; 04-14-2013 at 02:45 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »