Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 02:38 AM   #361
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Well considering this is 2K Smith windmilled it . As far as the iso it looked very realistic. Gibson froze up completely on the hesitation and he tried to recover but it was far too late as Smith had already started his gather. He would have been still at the freethrow line had 2K not decided it was time for Smith to windmill it. He was way too far to try to jump and foul though which was nice. Noah tried to block it, but it was one of those "Hey it looked like I tried" ones.

As far as the Ball-handling would the face up PF/C then be required to have 90's in the Ball-handling?
I hope not, I'm still uncertain about how I want to approach athletic bigs. But if the minimum is 70 the mismatch mechanic should not kick in (fingers crossed) if Josh smith and Dirk and Aldrige have 8o-85 ball handling
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 AM   #362
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I hope not, I'm still uncertain about how I want to approach athletic bigs. But if the minimum is 70 the mismatch mechanic should not kick in (fingers crossed) if Josh smith and Dirk and Aldrige have 8o-85 ball handling
It should or it shouldn't?

Right now there's been a few instances of a Josh Smith iso and he has 80 ball-handling and Gibson has 55 on-ball while Boozer has 40 on ball defense.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:50 AM   #363
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Thank God!!! Not only were you not getting the results I expected, you were getting results I'd never heard of.

Lol ok, one more time. If I end up disappearing its because I have to sleep so ill check back on the results in the morning.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:53 AM   #364
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
It should or it shouldn't?

Right now there's been a few instances of a Josh Smith iso and he has 80 ball-handling and Gibson has 55 on-ball while Boozer has 40 on ball defense.
Yeah, that's bad let me guess, they Iso'd Smith on the wing and he faced up and ran right into his defender.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #365
Banned

DukeC's Arena

Quote:
Thank God!!! Not only were you not getting the results I expected, you were getting results I'd never heard of.

Lol ok, one more time. If I end up disappearing its because I have to sleep so ill check back on the results in the morning.
Hrmm. I think I need to increase the low post offense for several players, while decreasing others. For HyperBaller's roster he has every big man's post defense at least a 65 or 70. I think that's slightly too high. The minimum should probably be 55 I think? That and the guard and forwards low post are also too high. I think the minimum for that should be about 40-45ish. The minimum low post of a moderately talented center (one who can hit hook shots on a semi-consistent basis) should have a low post of at least 70-to 75ish?.

Going to try and make these changes real quick. I'll let you know when I get into a game to test this theory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 03:04 AM   #366
Banned

DukeC's Arena

Quote:
Yeah, that's bad let me guess, they Iso'd Smith on the wing and he faced up and ran right into his defender.
Nope, they isolated him at the top of the key (in the instant for Gibson) and he blew right past him with a hesitation. Good animation. Proper result.

When Deng ran into Pachulia Pachulia only has a 25 on ball defense as well.

The Josh Smith isolation on the wing against Boozer (40 on ball defense) he ran into him for about 5 seconds and was forced to put up a contested stepback jumper. Bad animation. Horrible result. The on-ball D for the bigs should defintely increase to at least 55? With it at 55 it seems to at least lets you trigger an "I got beat animation" That's what I'm thinking right now.

Last edited by DukeC; 04-14-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #367
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Please don't take this personal DukeC

This is coming from a guy that is frequently all over the place

But you are absolutely all over the place

You just did a detailed write up of my suggestions using the polar opposite edits of my suggestions. . . and then you moved on to low post offense.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #368
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Force Field - when on ball defense is 70 or lower an invisible bubble between you and your defender forms. The ball handler is making his dribble moves and the defender is mirroring him at a two foot distance that looks really strange.
The scale for On Ball Defense would range from 70-85 regardless of postition?

Quote:
Defensive pressure - I found this out when I was playing with the classic teams. The highest rated defender on the Utah jazz was Bryan Russell with 80. When I turned defensive pressure all the way up in the coach slider all the defenders except for Russell gave their man way to much room (especially Stockton and Hornececk on the perimeter).
Raising the On Ball Defense to the above scale will fix this?

Quote:
Also most of you should be able to see instances of this in your Roster. Power Forwards with good handles like Garnett and Bosh occasionally end up in this situation. I had to turn play vision on to see this because MIA High (the play in the Heat's playbook) and a wing Iso are very similar but through play vision I could see that they were calling a 'quick ISO' for Bosh when they really shouldn't be. But because his Handles were much higher than the perimeter D of Reggie Evans the CPU declared it a mismatch.

I'm still debating what I want to do with power forwards and Centers that aren't good ball handlers but I'm definetly going to take more of a letter grade approach to on ball d. Meaning if Reggie Evans is a D defender on the perimeter then he get a 68 not a 35.
Not trying to nitpick, but earlier in this same post you said On Ball D being below 70 causes issues(if I understood correctly).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »