DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Please don't take this personal DukeC

This is coming from a guy that is frequently all over the place

But you are absolutely all over the place

You just did a detailed write up of my suggestions using the polar opposite edits of my suggestions. . . and then you moved on to low post offense.
Well I actually did use your suggestion. All guards and forwards with at least 80 ball-handling (with the faceup PF's and C's guys having 75-80 ball-handling) and with all the guards and small forwards with at least 75 on ball defense (I was not getting the right dribble animations. The defender was winning 90% of the time.) This lets me know I should try and decrease the on-ball defense by a couple of notches or use the on-ball D slider and see if that works.

I also tried the suggestion of lowering the game speed and that made the "wall" issue worse. I think tweaked the game speed to 55 and had more dribble collision animations (which I observed the defense winning 90% of the time).

As for the low post, yeah, that came out of nowhere. I just wasn't happy at the touches Boozer and Horford were getting in the post (which was none). I figured if I increased the post offense rating it would assume there was a mismatch in the post (by decreasing the low post defense rating to the 60's) and give them the ball. Don't know why I thought that as it probably has more to do with the touches tendency than anything.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:49 AM   #370
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
As for the low post, yeah, that came out of nowhere. I just wasn't happy at the touches Boozer and Horford were getting in the post (which was none). I figured if I increased the post offense rating it would assume there was a mismatch in the post (by decreasing the low post defense rating to the 60's) and give them the ball. Don't know why I thought that as it probably has more to do with the touches tendency than anything.
What is the Bulls "Look For Post" slider set to in the coach profile? Raising it may help get them more touches.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:47 AM   #371
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
What is the Bulls "Look For Post" slider set to in the coach profile? Raising it may help get them more touches.
It was 82.

Boozer had 2 touches that entire game (5 min qtrs).

2nd game with tweaked rosters. MUCH better. Both Joakim and Boozer have had multiple touches in the first quarter. Boozer had an assist to Noah and Noah passed it to Boozer who converted the AND 1.

Josh Smith is being agrressive and trying to attack Boozer off the dribble. He's taken a couple of contested layups at the basket that aren't falling, but he did manage to draw 1 foul (of which he made 1 freethrow). Horford has taken 3 shots so far. He took one mid-range of a nice feed from Teague. He grabbed and offensive rebound then put it back up, and then got a bucket off the pick and roll with Teague.

So far so good for the 1st quarter. Boozer just managed to grab an offensive rebound from Deng's missed shot and he got fouled on the putback.

Boozer managed to get 1 more touch when he was subbed in before half which was a turnaround fadeaway on the baseline against Al Horford.

Last edited by DukeC; 04-14-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 10:59 AM   #372
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
. . . Why didn't you tell me you were genius?
Because I was not completely sure about this

However I've tweaked nba 2k10 with Neon1 and did a lot of work for the nba 2k11 simworld project.The mechanics of these games are similar.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #373
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
The scale for On Ball Defense would range from 70-85 regardless of postition?

Raising the On Ball Defense to the above scale will fix this?

Not trying to nitpick, but earlier in this same post you said On Ball D being below 70 causes issues(if I understood correctly).
True but I find it hard to justify high ratings for some of the worst defenders. It won't be often they end up in a scenario where the "bubble" will be an issue. Though I guess in the name of eliminating it completely Glen Davis gets a 70 in perimeter D. Ugh
Old 04-14-2013, 11:36 AM   #374
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
-Should the best ball handling bigman be able to take their opposition off the dribble? That would me most bigs would have their off ball D no greater than 35, right?
This only leads to the automatic high post isos for the skilled bigmen like Bosh,Odom etc.. and this is not sim in my opinion.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #375
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Well I actually did use your suggestion. All guards and forwards with at least 80 ball-handling (with the faceup PF's and C's guys having 75-80 ball-handling) and with all the guards and small forwards with at least 75 on ball defense (I was not getting the right dribble animations. The defender was winning 90% of the time.) This lets me know I should try and decrease the on-ball defense by a couple of notches or use the on-ball D slider and see if that works.

I also tried the suggestion of lowering the game speed and that made the "wall" issue worse. I think tweaked the game speed to 55 and had more dribble collision animations (which I observed the defense winning 90% of the time).

So even when you corrected the sliders the defense was still winning outright? 90% of the time? Without venturing into the can of warms that is attack tendencies and roster edits? Did the ball handler optional choose to pull back or was he bumped hard and lost his dribble?

Edit: which perimeter guy has an 80?

When I'm editing ball handling attributes there is a clear picture in my mind of a young Shaq running the fast break as a ballhandler and getting a dunk in transition. He crossed over Raef Lafretz in an All star game. These guys are the best in the world, please give them 90s. Even the white people get a 90, at least. Lol

Ill take it a step further, I'm sure that I would have a 90% success rate of getting fluidly to the rim against Antwan Jamison. I would get swatted every time. But I would make it there without getting bumped so hard that I pick up my dribble. I may even be stripped on my way to attempting a lay up. But the point is I made it around my defender.

This is why every guard and small forward should be pushing max for ball handling.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #376
MVP

Quote:
I should have been more clear. My intentions would be to scale Low Post Defense ratings in a similar manner to the on ball defense being discussed. For example the top end for Bigs low post defense would be 85(maybe 1 or exceptions). Hakeem Olajuwon is really the only center I can think of that was able to shut down his peers(Ewing, Robinson, Young Shaq) on a somewhat regular basis.

You are right I don't the CPU to see Shaq as mismatch against every center.
A Mutombo skills-alike deserves a 99 in post defence.
65-99 in my opinion are my limit valors for bigmen,25-60 for pg-sg-sf.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »