Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #377
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
A Mutombo skills-alike deserves a 99 in post defence.
65-99 in my opinion are my limit valors for bigmen,25-60 for pg-sg-sf.
Damn, I can believe I forgot Mutombo.

That scale for post D is pretty much what I have now, just needs some testing to see how it interacts with post O to get the desired results.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:14 PM   #378
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Damn, I can believe I forgot Mutombo.

That scale for post D is pretty much what I have now, just needs some testing to see how it interacts with post O to get the desired results.
And please tell us those results, I don't know too much about the intricacies of the post game because it plays so well without me touching things.

Let me know what you find.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:21 PM   #379
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
So even when you corrected the sliders the defense was still winning outright? 90% of the time? Without venturing into the can of warms that is attack tendencies and roster edits? Did the ball handler optional choose to pull back or was he bumped hard and lost his dribble?

Edit: which perimeter guy has an 80?

When I'm editing ball handling attributes there is a clear picture in my mind of a young Shaq running the fast break as a ballhandler and getting a dunk in transition. He crossed over Raef Lafretz in an All star game. These guys are the best in the world, please give them 90s. Even the white people get a 90, at least. Lol

Ill take it a step further, I'm sure that I would have a 90% success rate of getting fluidly to the rim against Antwan Jamison. I would get swatted every time. But I would make it there without getting bumped so hard that I pick up my dribble. I may even be stripped on my way to attempting a lay up. But the point is I made it around my defender.

This is why every guard and small forward should be pushing max for ball handling.
So if Shaq has 90(+) ball handling what is his off hand dribble be?
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #380
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
And please tell us those results, I don't know too much about the intricacies of the post game because it plays so well without me touching things.

Let me know what you find.
Will do so when I get there, still working out some kinks with the Bulls and Lakers but I'm close to finished.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:24 PM   #381
MVP

OVR: 10

I have been doing some testing with 98 Bulls and 98 Lakers about POST PLAY. Here are my opinions and what I feel we should attempt to accomplish.

Pro difficulty.

0 in Double Team in coach profiles for both teams

I put Shaq and MJ at 99 Post Offense during this test.

Rodman, Wennington, and Longley had 74, 69, and 64 in post def, respectively. Everyone else had 49 post def.

All Lakers perimeter players had 49 post def.

Lakers had a starting line up of Van Axel, Fisher, Jones, Fox, and Shaq to space the floor for Shaq.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am trying to find the MINIMUM Post Off and Post Def point differential in which Shaq will command a double team in the post.

So far, even with Rodman at 74 PD and Shaq at 99 PO, Rodman is still being helped out when Shaq post him up.

Will continue editing as I find out more.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 04-14-2013 at 12:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #382
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
I have been doing some testing with 98 Bulls and 98 Lakers about POST PLAY. Here are my opinions and what I feel we should attempt to accomplish.

Pro difficulty.

Rodman, Wennington, and Longley had 74, 69, and 64 in post def, respectively. Everyone else had 49 post def.

Lakers had a starting line up of Van Axel, Fisher, Jones, Fox, and Shaq to space the floor for Shaq.

I am trying to find the MINIMUM Post Off and Post Def point differential in which Shaq will command a double team in the post.

So far, even with Rodman at 74 PD and Shaq at 99 PO, Rodman is still being helped out when Shaq post him up.

Won't the Double Team coach slider setting effect this as well?
Old 04-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #383
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
So if Shaq has 90(+) ball handling what is his off hand dribble be?
Lol, I'm not saying give Shaq 90 (that would be awful). I was just making a point.

But all pg -sf should have 90s
Old 04-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #384
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21

Pro difficulty.

For that particular test I strongly suggest using coach mode with play vision on to see if the offense is calling a "quick post" for Shaq, that is how you know a mismatch is occuring.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »