Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #33
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
yeah what do you want the tempo at?
Anything is fine. Play around with it. I just want to see if they call a play after a rebound.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:02 PM   #34
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

ok tempo at 0 the celts seem to work it around a lil more but def ran off misses.
tempo at 100 more drives and sam Jones went off. didn't seem to try an get anyone else involved.
Tempo didn't matter a play was called immediately after makes and never on misses unless I made contact with the dribbler.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:14 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know how this fits into whats being discussed, but I myself eventually went back to the original coaching settings. Started a new franchise.
Don't have enough data to form a consensus;
But it "felt" more right.
I'm assuming those sliders were correct afterall.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #36
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
ok tempo at 0 the celts seem to work it around a lil more but def ran off misses.
tempo at 100 more drives and sam Jones went off. didn't seem to try an get anyone else involved.
Tempo didn't matter a play was called immediately after makes and never on misses unless I made contact with the dribbler.
Hmmm . . .
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 PM   #37
MVP

sirjam's Arena

It seems as though fast break might be its on mode so to speak. After further testing it doesn't seem to matter what you put the run plays on. They will always only start a play if you stop the ball handler. I do think that run plays controls if you run another play after a off rebound or if you freelance or go back up with the ball. At 100 I know for the user you it will call a play for you if you get a rebound. If at 0 it wont or it will be a while before they call one for you.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #38
MVP

Thinking about the whole Run plays/freelance offense of 2K, I wonder if we should have the run plays slider lower for most of the teams. By default in the 2K rosters it seems like most teams run plays slider was set at 50-100 for most teams. Well the thing I've always wonder is having the run plays slider turned up higher, does that mean the team will run more plays thoughout the game, or does that mean the team will use more options within the plays, and having it the run plays set lower, does that mean the team will run less plays, or does it mean the team will still run the same amout of plays but use less options?? I really don't know and have always wondered. One aspect about NBA teams that I've always read and heard that the teams only run 2-3 set plays per 10 possessions, so does that mean we need to lower the run plays slider for most teams to maybe 1-50, or 1-70 for example? If that stat is true then most teams would probably only call 10-20 plays during a game, since most teams I think have 80-100 possessions a game. Maybe 2K has the run plays slider to high for the teams and it should be set at 10-30, I don't know just throwing it out there. Then again, I have played against the cpu and that team run plays slider has been set at 80 or 85 or 95, and I've seen some good offense come out of it, so I don't know. I think your on point with the notion that the offensive tempo slider is maybe tied to the run plays slider, I would just like to know what to put both sliders at for each team so they can play like there real life counterparts.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #39
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Thinking about the whole Run plays/freelance offense of 2K, I wonder if we should have the run plays slider lower for most of the teams. By default in the 2K rosters it seems like most teams run plays slider was set at 50-100 for most teams. Well the thing I've always wonder is having the run plays slider turned up higher, does that mean the team will run more plays thoughout the game, or does that mean the team will use more options within the plays, and having it the run plays set lower, does that mean the team will run less plays, or does it mean the team will still run the same amout of plays but use less options?? I really don't know and have always wondered. One aspect about NBA teams that I've always read and heard that the teams only run 2-3 set plays per 10 possessions, so does that mean we need to lower the run plays slider for most teams to maybe 1-50, or 1-70 for example? If that stat is true then most teams would probably only call 10-20 plays during a game, since most teams I think have 80-100 possessions a game. Maybe 2K has the run plays slider to high for the teams and it should be set at 10-30, I don't know just throwing it out there. Then again, I have played against the cpu and that team run plays slider has been set at 80 or 85 or 95, and I've seen some good offense come out of it, so I don't know. I think your on point with the notion that the offensive tempo slider is maybe tied to the run plays slider, I would just like to know what to put both sliders at for each team so they can play like there real life counterparts.
Dnt forget about the fastbreak slider either it ties in as well. Read my posts about my tests. Also most nba teams besides Utah run very simple sets to get players in their scoring positions. The four dpad buttons if was implemented right is usually what they run. Quick screen for shooters pick and roll and iso. Most teams also have a floppy action for their shooters and horns plays for high post as well, tied on to a p&r if not open. Not to many complex plays. IMO 2k made the plays to drawn out and to complicated.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #40
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Dnt forget about the fastbreak slider either it ties in as well. Read my posts about my tests. Also most nba teams besides Utah run very simple sets to get players in their scoring positions. The four dpad buttons if was implemented right is usually what they run. Quick screen for shooters pick and roll and iso. Most teams also have a floppy action for their shooters and horns plays for high post as well, tied on to a p&r if not open. Not to many complex plays. IMO 2k made the plays to drawn out and to complicated.
Really, you see teams implement post, iso and screen. It's always been my opinion that CPU play calling is similar to the user hitting run best play everytime down court. I had a problem (again with the Jazz) where every now and then they would run a high post ISO for Foster and Karl instead using a legit play. This is tied to "attack the basket" slider in the coach profile lowering it to 25 (from 49) got rid of that problem completely.

That might seem obvious but I'm fairly certain "attack the basket" is the only coach profile slider that will cause a team to stray from the playbook in that particular way. I have three pick and roll 3 pt plays for Stockton and hornececk and I haven't seen any of them run even with turning the take 3pt shot slider up.
Sir Jam: The fastbreak slider is giving me headaches. But I'm trying to understand your post about play progression after an offensive rebound. With run plays at 100 they call a play immediately after a rebound (accounting for putback rating)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »