Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #409
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Just trying to make sure I got all that.

I thought it had been determined that DTL is an off ball tendency? Did I miss something?

Also the paragraph I quoted just kinda stops.....

Having a high DTL, low Pass Out tendency, and a high Pull up tendency will......?
You're right, it was typo. That's supposed to be the Attack the Basket tendency. Drive the Lane shouldn't be anywhere in that post. Sorry.

EDIT: The earlier post was corrected to this:

Quote:
Conclusion: On PRO mode, having a high ATB Tendency (to initiate the drive sequence), a low PO Tendency (a lot of PO's happen at the begging of the drive, this may change if OBD slider is lower or once we find threshold for ball handling/OBD rating), and a high PU Tendency (which is primarily triggered in the Mid-Range, between the FT line and 3pt line) will lead to mid-range pull up jumpers by the 1-3 positions.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

Last edited by slimm44; 04-14-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #410
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
@ bigtrey, I sent you a PM with these findings regarding the Pull Up Tendency, but I feel they're pretty conclusive (aside from a few variables). At least conclusive enough to post.

My next test is going to be Triple Threat/Triple Threat Shot. I probably won't be able to post any findings until tomorrow, at best.
What are the valors for Fadeaways,Stepback Jumper and Spin Jumper for the Phila players???
Pull up tendency is strictly tied to these.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:06 PM   #411
MVP

OVR: 33

A thought, given that only Richardson has a somewhat significant 3pt tendency, the lack of PU 3s is understandable ... so, with other players involved (maybe players of CLE or NY) we could see increased PU 3s.

On the other hand, that is the way to go when doing tests ... trying to eliminate as much variables as possible, tracking the results of extremes and trying not to alter (test) multiple things in conjuction within a single game ... in fact, for more accurately results of test purposes, is best to do complete games (whatever the mins) as the engine is wide enough to allow for variations of the behaviors from quarter to quarter.

Anyways, keep up guys ... am interested on these tests & findings and would have helped you guys had I had my PS3 (is damaged, it turns off without imput and struggles to turn on and when it does, it turns off before the logging screen).

Last edited by ffaacc03; 04-14-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #412
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
I think I can also get the good defensive teams to rotate effectively (as well as playing screens well) as well when the ball is swung to the other side of the court with 80-85 in def awareness for the good defensive teams (especially for certain benches in the league).

I have yet to test exactly what off awareness does...
Have you found a good combo of Pressure,Help Defense and Double Team???
Old 04-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #413
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
What are the valors for Fadeaways,Stepback Jumper and Spin Jumper for the Phila players???
Pull up tendency is strictly tied to these.
This is blunt, so brace yourself - you're wrong and talking about something other than what I tested for. All of those tendencies were at 0 and if it was "strictly" tied to those, I wouldn't have had the variance in the tests that I ran. I'm sure that those tendencies would cause more shot-off-the-dribble animations, but I was just looking for a simple pull-up animation, which I got. I wasn't looking for those shot types.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #414
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
This is blunt, so brace yourself - you're wrong and talking about something other than what I tested for. All of those tendencies were at 0 and if it was "strictly" tied to those, I wouldn't have had the variance in the tests that I ran. I'm sure that those tendencies would cause more shot-off-the-dribble animations, but I was just looking for a simple pull-up animation, which I got. I wasn't looking for those shot types.
So when you say "Pull up jumper"......

Are you looking for the offensive player to try to beat his man, and if he fails he then look to "pull up" or if he beats the first man but help is between him and the basket he then pulls up.

or

If he is closely defended then he uses the "escape dribble pull up" to get a shot.

I see instances of both from players in my roster, but more of the "escape dribble pull up".

In the video I posted perviously I have a clip of B.J. Armstrong pulling up on a fast break with the defense in the lane. His tendencies are:

Inside - 35
Close - 25
Mid - 65
3pt - 6

DTL - 5
Pull up - 50

Attack - 25
Pass Out - 100
Old 04-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #415
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
He ment ATB (posted at begining, as part of defined settings) instead, not DTL ...

On the other hand, given that only Richardson has a somewhat significant 3pt tendency, the lack of PU 3s is understandable ... so, with other players involved (maybe players of CLE or NY) we could see increased PU 3s.

On the other hand, that is the way to go when doing tests ... trying to eliminate as much variables as possible, tracking the results of extremes and trying not to alter (test) multiple things in conjuction within a single game ... in fact, for more accurately results of test purposes, is best to do complete games (whatever the mins) as the engine is wide enough to allow for variations of the behaviors from quarter to quarter.

Anyways, keep up guys ... am interested on these tests & findings and would have helped you guys had I had my PS3 (is damaged, it turns off without imput and struggles to turn on and when it does, it turns off before the logging screen).
I thought that, also, about 3PT shots but he has a 71 in that tendency. If the AI causes the PU Tendency to override the mid-range tendency, I would think it would do the same in 3PT range if the animation is also triggered there. Out of one test, Richardson (with a 30-something mid-range tendency) took 6 mid-range PU's in 20 possessions. That's WAY above the tendency. I hope I'm wrong about this, but I don't think the PU tendency on it's own is triggered outside of midrange, at least not according to the tests I ran with the variables I included in them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2013, 07:31 PM   #416
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
I am willing to test Post Offense in relation to Post Defense. I want to accomplish the following;

-Minimum point differential to establish Post mismatches.
-Minimum point differential to attract double team
-The best perimeter post players should not attract a double team when posting big
-The best perimeter defender should want to challenge the best perimeter post player one-on-one without any help.
-An average big should be able to cause a mismatch again any perimeter player.
-Poor low post bigs should not want to post up other bigs
-Everyone would want to post the historically small players, like spud, muggsy, boykins, etc.

if anyone wants to help with this, PM me.
For the first point,a different of 50 points in strenght.
The last point is the easiest:give them 25 to off. post and strenght.

For the rest I would help with examples.

Chalmers:25 def.post and strenght
-Against Ibaka(off.post 70,strenght 85) an immediate post mismatch is called with an immediate double team.
-Against Perkins(off.post 45 and 50,strenght 90):against Perk an immediate post mismatch but with 45 in o.p. the double never came.With 50,immediate double team.
So with a high difference in strenght,maybe a gap of 25 points between off/def post "unlock" the immediate double team.

D.Wade:75 off.post,25 def post,50 strenght
-Against Westbrook(25 def post and strenght) immediate post mismatch and double team.
-Against Durant(25 def post,60 strenght) NO immediate post mismatch.

On the offensive side,Durant(80 off post) not always went to the post to challenge Wade,but when it happens the Miami defense immediately doubled KD.
And when KD tried to post Bosh(65 low post defense,80 strenght),no double team came.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »