Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #441
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Like after a score or a even a miss they will just fling the ball all the way up court whether the guy is open or not. Zach Randolph would be out on the perimeter guarding Felton. Like I don't know if for certain players the on ball defense, drive the lane, attack the basket and all the other tendencies should be a certain amount for big men and guards. For instance, on slimms scale, for certain tendencies or ratings he says use the tiered scale but shouldn't there be a certain criteria for big men or guards? Like ball handling? Lay ups and dunks. Zach Randolph's barely dunks but I'm sure he can. Also I leave plays open purposely and they won't shoot lol they'll drive or pass smh I'm going crazy

And as far as floor spacing, I still haven't quite grasped that part yet lol. I think my silly a** may need a scale for that too. This is the first time I really got into the whole editing rosters but I'm interested this year so you're gonna see a lot of problems and issues from me lmao. Sorry if it gets annoying but questions will be asked.
Just punching in the raw data for shooting tendencies you will see reluctant shooters. Try the sliders SLIMM posted.

If you've put in the ball handling edits I suggested that has nothing to do SLIMM scale but it should not affect who is guarding who.

For people "flinging the ball up court" play around with lowering those things I suggested. I think you'll find that once you fix that the defense will be guarding the person they're suppose to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #442
MVP

OVR: 25

Here is the link to my "Dribbling Blog":

http://www.operationsports.com/qpc12...k13-dribbling/

Anyone is welcome to join the discussion, please response to the blog post and not to this thread(for organization).
Old 04-15-2013, 07:21 PM   #443
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Just punching in the raw data for shooting tendencies you will see reluctant shooters. Try the sliders SLIMM posted.

If you've put in the ball handling edits I suggested that has nothing to do SLIMM scale but it should not affect who is guarding who.

For people "flinging the ball up court" play around with lowering those things I suggested. I think you'll find that once you fix that the defense will be guarding the person they're suppose to.
OK thank you. As far as the playcalling floor spacing and tempo what should i do and do you know if his slider are only cpu edits or both user and cpu? And for you or slimm, I jus had the illest brain lapse, when you're calculating the close shot rating and tendency, you add across the board for the years and divide by 3? Idk what I been doing but that's been my error area.

ex: Melo attempted 1.9 and 2.3, 1.6 and 2.6, and 1.2 and 2.5 close shots. All together for his close shot I got 20 for his tendency

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 04-15-2013 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #444
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
OK thank you. As far as the playcalling floor spacing and tempo what should i do and do you know if his slider are only cpu edits or both user and cpu? And for you or slimm, I jus had the illest brain lapse, when you're calculating the close shot rating and tendency, you add across the board for the years and divide by 3? Idk what I been doing but that's been my error area.

ex: Melo attempted 1.9 and 2.3, 1.6 and 2.6, and 1.2 and 2.5 close shots. All together for his close shot I got 20 for his tendency
Your example for Melo is correct. I don't actually sit and add every number for all 3 years, I just eyeball it and get pretty close. Honestly, it doesn't matter much if you're off a few.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #445
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Your example for Melo is correct. I don't actually sit and add every number for all 3 years, I just eyeball it and get pretty close. Honestly, it doesn't matter much if you're off a few.
Alright just checking, It's like my brain wasn't processing something right at that current moment
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2013, 12:54 AM   #446
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Don't be so nervous, man. Look, essentially you want to raise SLIMM's scale, you can choose to raise certain areas of things you feel you are not seeing enough of by editing shooting sliders.

Or you could raise Slimm's entire scale manually for the player you want to shoot more.

And if you want to be part of a test as of right now, lower fast break to 0 and let me know if your still having the problem of Peyton to Harrison
Old 04-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #447
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Don't be so nervous, man. Look, essentially you want to raise SLIMM's scale, you can choose to raise certain areas of things you feel you are not seeing enough of by editing shooting sliders.

Or you could raise Slimm's entire scale manually for the player you want to shoot more.

And if you want to be part of a test as of right now, lower fast break to 0 and let me know if your still having the problem of Peyton to Harrison

Lol alright definitely. I actualy just lowered it last game and they still did fast breaks after steals but not when a fastbreak wasn't an actually fastbreak. And nomore bullets down court happily
Old 04-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #448
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27

Got a new 2K. Will be back to testing. Going to fool around with the quickness and onball D rating. For those with higher onball D I'll probably lower the quickness (unless they are legitimately that quick). Hrmm. You would think strength would have a hand in this too somewhere.....that's a problem for another day though.

Also thinking about implementing the use triple threat tendency as that also helps in getting by the defender. In any case I'll reply to Q's blog and tell you guys how it went.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »