Home

Old 04-16-2013, 04:24 AM   #449
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Just an observation I wanted to pass on to anyone who hasn't noticed this.

When you edit a player's Signature Shots, be sure to watch the entire sequence of possible moves(animations) that a particular Sig Shot has.

Specifically, I am talking about Escape Dribble Pull-Up - Elite 2.

This Sig Shot set contains a move that is hard to describe, I guess its a double behind the back pull up, if that makes sense. Any way you see it you'll know wha tI am talking about. I don't recall this move very often, but Elite 2 is the default for Drexler and Porter.

The animation occurs way too often so I will no longer assign this package to player in a classic roster.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #450
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Just an observation I wanted to pass on to anyone who hasn't noticed this.

When you edit a player's Signature Shots, be sure to watch the entire sequence of possible moves(animations) that a particular Sig Shot has.

Specifically, I am talking about Escape Dribble Pull-Up - Elite 2.

This Sig Shot set contains a move that is hard to describe, I guess its a double behind the back pull up, if that makes sense. Any way you see it you'll know wha tI am talking about. I don't recall this move very often, but Elite 2 is the default for Drexler and Porter.

The animation occurs way too often so I will no longer assign this package to player in a classic roster.
One of the biggest things in this game are the signature animations. They definitely need to be changed in order to achieve realism. Specifically; escape dribbles and dribble animations.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #451
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Got a new 2K. Will be back to testing. Going to fool around with the quickness and onball D rating. For those with higher onball D I'll probably lower the quickness (unless they are legitimately that quick). Hrmm. You would think strength would have a hand in this too somewhere.....that's a problem for another day though.

Also thinking about implementing the use triple threat tendency as that also helps in getting by the defender. In any case I'll reply to Q's blog and tell you guys how it went.
I really think strength plays a small part in the out come of collision sequences. I think it plays a small part on gather as well. But a tester did not see any correlation between strength and success after running a pretty a conclusive test.

I finally get to sit down and play today (I've been talking out of my *** since Thursday). There is so much to do I don't even know where to start,

I'm gonna revisit strength in quickness in practice mode, that should be quick.

Edit: this is turning out to be way more subjective than I thought.

I'm in scrimmage mode and I'm controlling Deron Williams
Ball handling -99
Strength - 74
Quickness -88

He is being guarded by Derrick Rose (CPU)

OBD - 83
Strength - 69
Quickness - 94

With the driving contact frequency at 100 I am getting a lot of the "riding your defender" animation when I try to forcefully drive laterally. Note: you don't see this much from the computer because they insist on getting out of that animation by using a crossover. So I think we're gonna have to mess with the "drive right" slider.

Anyway I'm having a considerable amount of trouble forcing my way around Rose because He is quicker than me. I'm gonna try a slower point guard defending me and see what happens.

Edit: I don't want to fix this because I can still do a lay up and a hop step.

I like the contact. It looks really authentic. How can we do a controlled test with the "drive right" slider? If the CPU was more committed to going in one direction that would help a lot.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-16-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #452
MVP

OVR: 25

I have been raising(or lowering for lefties) the drive right slider in my roster, that may factor into some of the more favorable outcomes I'm seeing.

I would test it by setting up a player with extreme drive tendencies(ATB=100, PO=0, etc) and test both extremes and the mid point tracking how many times the player drives in which direction(may also want to note: if a change in direction occurs, how does it occur, i.e. crossover, spin, etc.).

Assuming(and this could be wrong), that the extremes give the expected results(Drive Right at 100 the player only drives right) then you should be able to start roughing out a scale for positions. i.e. Bigs minimum drive right=75.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:18 PM   #453
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I really think strength plays a small part in the out come of collision sequences. I think it plays a small part on gather as well. But a tester did not see any correlation between strength and success after running a pretty a conclusive test.

I finally get to sit down and play today (I've been talking out of my *** since Thursday). There is so much to do I don't even know where to start,

I'm gonna revisit strength in quickness in practice mode, that should be quick.

Edit: this is turning out to be way more subjective than I thought.

I'm in scrimmage mode and I'm controlling Deron Williams
Ball handling -99
Strength - 74
Quickness -88

He is being guarded by Derrick Rose (CPU)

OBD - 83
Strength - 69
Quickness - 94

With the driving contact frequency at 100 I am getting a lot of the "riding your defender" animation when I try to forcefully drive laterally. Note: you don't see this much from the computer because they insist on getting out of that animation by using a crossover. So I think we're gonna have to mess with the "drive right" slider.

Anyway I'm having a considerable amount of trouble forcing my way around Rose because He is quicker than me. I'm gonna try a slower point guard defending me and see what happens.

Edit: I don't want to fix this because I can still do a lay up and a hop step.

I like the contact. It looks really authentic. How can we do a controlled test with the "drive right" slider? If the CPU was more committed to going in one direction that would help a lot.
Why do you have strenght so high for the point guards???
Old 04-16-2013, 07:24 PM   #454
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Why do you have strenght so high for the point guards???
I made those edits a while ago to see if they would cut down on ugly sideways lay ups, they didn't.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #455
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

This is game is so reactionary!!! Everything you do changes something else!!!

Ok . . . Breathe. Is anyone else testing more than one thing at a time?

I made myself start working on coach profiles (more on that later) but in the name of getting this dribbling thing air tight I have:

Lebron and Wade:

Attack:100
Pass out:0
Drive right:100
No pull up- all penetration

It works, drive right really means drive right (including driving baseline if your on the right side of the court.) I'm so glad SLimm said something about contextual dribble moves because I'm really starting to see why they do the things they do.

The new problem: help defense is the mother of back door cutting. And rightly so. I would not stand around if my defender left me to make sure a guy didn't score. Drop help D into the 30s and watch the court clear up.

The majority of the reason a crossover/spin/behind the back occurs is because the ball handler is trying to get away from help D. This is especially clear when a ballhandler (really)wants to drive in a particular direction.

Multiple times I got to see Dwayne and Lebron ride there defender only to be scared into doing a cross over from a weak side defender jumping the gun and running over to help. I paused the game and looked at the help defense. 81. That is way too high, sometimes you just have to let your teammate get burned before you decide to come over and help (though with Lebron driving you'd be showing up in time to mug for his new poster, guest starring you).

I think we are getting this game real close to sexy.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-17-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 01:07 AM   #456
MVP

OVR: 19

This game is so deep it's stupid. I'm testing:

DTL
ATB
PU
PO

along with Help D in the Coaching Profile.

The PU Tendency is REALLY touchy. I have Jrue Holiday with 50 mid-range Tendency. With 0, it's hard to get him to shoot a mid-range jumper. At 10? He's launching away.

Oh yeah, I'm also cataloging every play in the game. I noticed that with PNR's that require at least one pass before the pick comes, if that pass goes to a player with a high 3PT Tendency (a la J-Richardson @ 70), that player would frequently take the shot and disrupt the play. This is why he was frequently shooting 10-14 3pt's a game in CPU/CPU matches. I've got straight PNR plays cataloged by:

Original playbook the play is found in
How many picks are used in the play
Who is involved with the PNR
What the other players on the court are doing

My eyes just went crossed.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »