Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #465
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Yeah I took it with my phone. I didn't know it would turn out so tiny but it's vannwolfs playbooks. I didn't really know what to do about hot spots so I left them as is. I have mysynergy so I went there and gave 25-50 to the major tendencies. And the difficulty is pro
My next blog will be floor spacing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #466
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

As if this game didn't stress us out enough, here is something else to worry about:

While we are testing extremes, we should restart the game after the first quarter or take into account that the defense is behaving differently.

Since I'm trying to develop a legit coach profile I've been making small tweaks here and there based on observations. And I realize that I've been steadily raising defense pressure of a team to get them to play honestly since the second quarter, only to lower it again when I start a new game.

This is happening because Lebron and wade have such an extreme attack tendency, the defense does not want to play Lebron "honestly" because he just spent the last ten possession trying to cram the ball down the defenders throat if the defense had their way they would camp out in the paint and pull the drone line to help minimize damage (Starcraft humor). This is something we should all be aware of going forward.

SLIMM, I would venture to say that the reason Jrue is taking so many jump shots is because you have his attack high and the defense is giving him too much space. He is taking significantly more jump shots from the second quarter onward. Amirite?

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-17-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #467
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
As if this game didn't stress us out enough, here is something else to worry about:

While we are testing extremes, we should restart the game after the first quarter or take into account that the defense is behaving differently.

Since I'm trying to develop a legit coach profile I've been making small tweaks here and there based on observations. And I realize that I've been steadily raising defense pressure of a team to get them to play honestly since the second quarter, only to lower it again when I start a new game.

This is happening because Lebron and wade have such an extreme attack tendency, the defense does not want to play Lebron "honestly" because he just spent the last ten possession trying to cram the ball down the defenders throat if the defense had their way they would camp out in the paint and pull the drone line to help minimize damage (Starcraft humor). This is something we should all be aware of going forward.

SLIMM, I would venture to say that the reason Jrue is taking so many jump shots is because you have his attack high and the defense is giving him too much space. He is taking significantly more jump shots from the second quarter onward. Amirite?
And what about the drive the lane tendency???
This tendency makes me crazy.
If all the players have it at 0,they are more diligent and calm on offense(and this is good) but...the pull up tendency becomes "stronger" even if it is low.
No matter what are the players shot tendencies,the use of the pull up animations becomes predominant.

if I raise DTL:senseless cut to the basket and passes,forced drive to the paint,broken plays...

Have you found a good balance???
Old 04-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #468
MVP

OVR: 25

My "Spin Cycle Blog" per request(spoiler for length).

Spoiler
Old 04-17-2013, 02:26 PM   #469
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
If all the players have it at 0,they are more diligent and calm on offense(and this is good) but...the pull up tendency becomes "stronger" even if it is low.
No matter what are the players shot tendencies,the use of the pull up animations becomes predominant.

if I raise DTL:senseless cut to the basket and passes,forced drive to the paint,broken plays...

Lol I'm at work pushing boxes around, trying to find a reason why anyone should have a drive the lane tendency above zero. I got nothing, I know I want big guys that are bad shooters to roll on picks. . . But if there mid shot tendency is low and there hot spot is at the baseline they roll even with it at zero. For fun I gave Dwayne a DTL of 20 and kept an eye on his off ball activity. During a lull in the action where Bosh had the ball at the top of the key Dwayne made a hard cut to the rim and because of the momentum system in this game the D didn't have a chance of reacting. Easy lay up.

The fastbreak can be controlled through the fastbreak slider and hustle will determine who runs down the court on the fastbreak. I see no reason to have it above 0. I think SLIMM is doing some more test on that however, maybe I'll change my mind.

Also I think each of us testers have learned so much from each others work that we have a solid sense of what we want to do for whatever project that we're undertaking. Because we're testing just pieces of this game we are getting some weird results here and there. We can attribute reasons for it. "Because I have X at zero Y is happening." But I think we would be better served putting it all together and editing two teams with everything we've learned just to see where we're at.

With SLIMM findings on attack, pull-up, drive

Qpc123's work on dribbling . . . Everything

And Hype's findings on post offense/defense I think we can learn a lot by compiling it all together and seeing what that these pieces add up to.

Is anyone interest in coming together and finding out how off course we really are? lol

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-17-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #470
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Wrong! He took 13 (!!!!) mid-range jumpers in the first half. 13!

Read that one more time, for emphasis.

Kemba Walker was doing the same. He either had 12 or 13 mid-range jumpers in the first half. I have Pull Up back to 0 again, at the moment. During the game I'm watching (Phil @ Mil), at the beginning of the 2nd quarter, Jrue has taken 2 mid-range pull ups, both before the carnival that happens at the end of the shot clock. This is with Attack @ 50, PU @ 0, Pass Out @ 100. His mid tendency is 50 and the AI has given those two mid-range jumpers to him in proper context.

BTW, I am completely watching the CPU on Pro/Default now.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #471
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11

I complete agree with the theory that PU is REALLY overpowered. Even at 1, I was getting ridiculous results. DTL may be way overpowered also. I have been testing DTL by taking the player's cut% from mysynergysports, multiplying it by 4, then rounding it to the nearest multiple of 25. Some players have that at 100, which makes them run to the basket WAY too much. I'm thinking about trying the same theory, only taking 2x the cut% so the max would be 50.

Also, I have only been giving good ball-handling bigs (ie Thaddeus Young/Tobias Harris) an Attack of 0. It looks pretty good so far.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #472
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Lol I'm at work pushing boxes around, trying to find a reason why anyone should have a drive the lane tendency above zero. I got nothing, I know I want big guys that are bad shooters to roll on picks. . . But if there mid shot tendency is low and there hot spot is at the baseline they roll even with it at zero. For fun I gave Dwayne a DTL of 20 and kept an eye on his off ball activity. During a lull in the action where Bosh had the ball at the top of the key Dwayne made a hard cut to the rim and because of the momentum system in this game the D didn't have a chance of reacting. Easy lay up.

The fastbreak can be controlled through the fastbreak slider and hustle will determine who runs down the court on the fastbreak. I see no reason to have it above 0. I think SLIMM is doing some more test on that however, maybe I'll change my mind.

Also I think each of us testers have learned so much from each others work that we have a solid sense of what we want to do for whatever project that we're undertaking. Because we're testing just pieces of this game we are getting some weird results here and there. We can attribute reasons for it. "Because I have X at zero Y is happening." But I think we would be better served putting it all together and editing two teams with everything we've learned just to see where we're at.

With SLIMM findings on attack, pull-up, drive

Your work on dribbling . . . Everything

And Hype's findings on post offense/defense I think we can learn a lot by compiling it all together and seeing what that these pieces add up to.

Is anyone interest in coming together and finding out how off course we really are? lol
Post off/def and strenght for all the actual players and 90s teams are done by me and Hyper is going to finish the other players that I don't know.

My only issue with DLT at 0 is...the pull up tendency
Later I'll do other tests I'm curious to see your thoughts about floor spacing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »