Home

Old 03-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #41
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Really, you see teams implement post, iso and screen. It's always been my opinion that CPU play calling is similar to the user hitting run best play everytime down court. I had a problem (again with the Jazz) where every now and then they would run a high post ISO for Foster and Karl instead using a legit play. This is tied to "attack the basket" slider in the coach profile lowering it to 25 (from 49) got rid of that problem completely.

That might seem obvious but I'm fairly certain "attack the basket" is the only coach profile slider that will cause a team to stray from the playbook in that particular way. I have three pick and roll 3 pt plays for Stockton and hornececk and I haven't seen any of them run even with turning the take 3pt shot slider up.
Sir Jam: The fastbreak slider is giving me headaches. But I'm trying to understand your post about play progression after an offensive rebound. With run plays at 100 they call a play immediately after a rebound (accounting for putback rating)
After an off rebound I think with run plays at 0 they wont call a play but if its at 100 they will almost always call one. An this is from the cpu for you the user if you kick it out. For the cpu it hardly ever kicks out after a off rebound so I'm not sure.
What about the fastbreak slider is getting you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2013, 07:01 PM   #42
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Teams like Philly, Miami and the Bobcats who run a lot but have a low offensive Tempo are kind of problematic.

The tempo slider is what is represented in the sim engine. And once I get field goal attempts within a reasonable range then I can mess with the run plays slider more accurately. But the fastbreak slider has potential to really **** on gameplay if it turns out that the the Bobcats have an offensive Tempo 20.

I want them to run but only when it's appropriate. And when the break is stopped I don't want them to stand there and look dumb for a however many seconds it takes for a play to fire up. Ill figure it out but now I gotta wait for the new roster so that I can test sim stats. Also freethrow attempts is really important for accuracy.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-14-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #43
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
Teams like Philly, Miami and the Bobcats who run a lot but have a low offensive Tempo are kind of problematic.

The tempo slider is what is represented in the sim engine. And once I get field goal attempts within a reasonable range then I can mess with the run plays slider more accurately. But the fastbreak slider has potential to really **** on gameplay if it turns out that the the Bobcats have an offensive Tempo 20.

I want them to run but only when it's appropriate. And when the break is stopped I don't want them to stand there and look dumb for a however many seconds it takes for a play to fire up. Ill figure it out but now I gotta wait for the new roster so that I can test sim stats. Also freethrow attempts is really important for accuracy.
Well thats the thing with fb slider at 100 they will run on every opportunity. An Ive never experienced them standing there looking dumb. I just think the fb slider trumps everything.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #44
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

It's starting to look that way.

You're seriously not seeing what I'm talking about with low tempo teams looking dumb on the initiation of play?
Old 03-14-2013, 11:08 PM   #45
MVP

That fast break slider, tempo slider, and run plays slider seem to be key to how the teams will play. I would love to know what to set these three sliders for each team to achieve realistic gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2013, 12:01 AM   #46
MVP

sirjam's Arena

Quote:
It's starting to look that way.

You're seriously not seeing what I'm talking about with low tempo teams looking dumb on the initiation of play?
No maybe it's the teams or camera I use. Your talking about the CPU team looking dumb right?
Old 03-15-2013, 05:48 AM   #47
MVP

sirjam's Arena

just played with the raptors set all three except run plays to 0 put that at 100. didnt see any standing around from the cpu.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 33

Is tempo really related to the simmed FG attempts this year ? If I am not wrong, unlike before, tempo is now solely related to ingame (on court) FG attempts and the total sim control option (quick shots, run & gun, etc ...) is solely related to simmed FG attempts. Can you confirm this ?

I know I did some tests at the bigining and was happy that 2k finally took this path, to separate both and give us options to control them ... the total sim control was a great addition that would benefit from some expansion, more options and less restrictions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »