Home

Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #489
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Can I get some Attack the Basket/Pass out recommendations for a few guys, just to cover a couple different player types. I'll put what I would think off the of of my head.
ATB/PO
Magic - 50/50

Jordan - 90/10

Isiah Thomas - 80/20

Olajuwon - 75/25

Rodman - 25/75

Paxson - 40/60

I have started testing FB=0 with hustle at 99 for all 5 players and Tempo=100. I set the Lakers throw alley oop coach slider to 100 and set Magic's throw alley oop to 100 and Worthy and Scott's Alley Oop(shot) to 100.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:55 AM   #490
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I'm going to try working your theory with my numbers and see what happens. For any PG/SG/SF, I will set the ATB Tendency at whatever their Inside Shot Tendency is and I will set the PO Tendency equal to the Passing Rating to see what happens. This will cap the ATB Tendency at around 75 and will give most PG's a PO Tendency in the 70's, also. Do you think that will be too high?
Wow that seems solid. For passing I'm going lower mine a bit for point guards so that they let people coming off screens make it to their spots. 60 ish worked for Chalmers.

He wasn't passing it to Lebron when they called 23 SOLO (an ISO play where the ball swings around and gets passed to Lebron from the point guard.
I had his attack pass at 50/50 and I swear to God he just looked at Lebron the entire offense stopped while him and Lebron stared longingly at each other. Once I dropped his attack into the 20's it made everything better.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #491
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Wow that seems solid. For passing I'm going lower mine a bit for point guards so that they let people coming off screens make it to their spots. 60 ish worked for Chalmers.

He wasn't passing it to Lebron when they called 23 SOLO (an ISO play where the ball swings around and gets passed to Lebron from the point guard.
I had his attack pass at 50/50 and I swear to God he just looked at Lebron the entire offense stopped while him and Lebron stared longingly at each other. Once I dropped his attack into the 20's it made everything better.
Any ideas on the PU Tendency in terms of how to implement it? Right now, I have it at 0 and I'm liking the results. Most players take somewhere between 3-5 mid-range jumpers per 40 minutes and I'm getting those results. It seems to override ATB and PO if I even have it at 1. Also, I'm still keeping DTL at 0. Too many shenanigans if not.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 01:22 AM   #492
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Can I get some Attack the Basket/Pass out recommendations for a few guys, just to cover a couple different player types. I'll put what I would think off the of of my head.
ATB/PO
Magic - 50/50

Jordan - 90/10

Isiah Thomas - 80/20

Olajuwon - 75/25

Rodman - 25/75

Paxson - 40/60

I have started testing FB=0 with hustle at 99 for all 5 players and Tempo=100. I set the Lakers throw alley oop coach slider to 100 and set Magic's throw alley oop to 100 and Worthy and Scott's Alley Oop(shot) to 100.
Be careful dude, high attack makes them play really agro.

For big guys you would rather have them post then attack. (Attack seems to be relegated to the perimeter, except for the face up drive that seems to be a post move that is tied to attack).

Also it is not a ratio, I'm with SLIMM when he says that all big men should have real low attack tendencies. That 25 you have for Rodman is way too much, give him zero and keep his pass out at 75.

90/10 is gonna make Jordan a madman lol the reason Tony Parker can get away with 80/20 is because point guards don't really see the ball again once it's passed away. 80 attack kept the ball in his hands longer. You are making Jordan a bonified ball hog with that setting.

Olajuwon 30 attack 5 pass out. this is what I have for Duncan its enough to get him to spin/drive to the basket from the post but it will keep him from free styling on dribble moves.

I would lower magics pass out to 30 because I've had problems where Lebron would pass to the guy coming to set a pick for him.

Dude you are about to see way too many alley oops. And the higher those number are the less intelligent those oops will be. Lower it.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 AM   #493
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:

For big guys you would rather have them post then attack. (Attack seems to be relegated to the perimeter, except for the face up drive that seems to be a post move that is tied to attack).

Also it is not a ratio, I'm with SLIMM when he says that all big men should have real low attack tendencies. That 25 you have for Rodman is way too much, give him zero and keep his pass out at 75.

90/10 is gonna make Jordan a madman lol the reason Tony Parker can get away with 80/20 is because point guards don't really see the ball again once it's passed away. 80 attack kept the ball in his hands longer. You are making Jordan a bonified ball hog with that setting.

Olajuwon 30 attack 5 pass out. this is what I have for Duncan its enough to get him to spin/drive to the basket from the post but it will keep him from free styling on dribble moves.

I would lower magics pass out to 30 because I've had problems where Lebron would pass to the guy coming to set a pick for him.

Dude you are about to see way too many alley oops. And the higher those number are the less intelligent those oops will be. Lower it.
yeah I realized I was way off when I read slimm's post.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #494
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Any ideas on the PU Tendency in terms of how to implement it? Right now, I have it at 0 and I'm liking the results. Most players take somewhere between 3-5 mid-range jumpers per 40 minutes and I'm getting those results. It seems to override ATB and PO if I even have it at 1. Also, I'm still keeping DTL at 0. Too many shenanigans if not.
I was hoping you could figure out a use for the drive the lane slider because I can't. Oh the attack the basket slider in the coach profile is another drive the lane slider, as if we needed two.

For pull up I have Dwayne at 30 and because I'm testing so many things I never make it threw a hole game to even check the shot chart.

I'll try to give you a better answe tomorrow, but he doesn't pull up the second he get around a defender, that happens at around 45-50 for me. Maybe it's a console thing but I'll look into it.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #495
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:

All this is spot on EXCEPT...I have found that giving Magic and other high assist guys 100 in pass out really helps with in game assists. The key to scoring PGs with high assists is fairly high attack AND pass out. I have Magic with a 90/100. This has him driving but also kicking out to wings on the drive. Similar with Zeke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 09:11 AM   #496
Pro

Quote:
So in your opinion, for example 30/30 is not the same as 90/90?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »