Home

Old 04-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #505
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
For the 360 windmills, take it out of his dunk package list.

Did anyone ever get anywhere with Off/Def post ratings?

I'd love to more of this......

Barkley - LPO=90, STR=77, QUICK=74

Thorpe - LPD=60, STR=79, QUICK=62
Check out this document. Serra and myself are finishing it up, but we have for the most part nailed the post game. Dribble and On-ball defense does tie into what you just saw in that video. That essentially was a high post clear out and Barkley used his post up and back down tendencies. There is one more element I would like to implement.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...MR3dCU0E#gid=0

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 04-18-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Serra, not Sellaz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #506
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Check out this document. Sellaz and myself are finishing it up, but we have for the most part nailed the post game. Dribble and On-ball defense does tie into what you just saw in that video. That essentially was a high post clear out and Barkley used his post up and back down tendencies. There is one more element I would like to implement.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...MR3dCU0E#gid=0
Sweet, I love numbers but can you tell me why they work?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:31 PM   #507
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
These are scales that Serra came up with, so he would the exact reasoning. But here are my observations.

1) From what I see, it differentiates Bigs from perimeter players. You will hardly see a perimeter player trying to post up a big. If they are crazy enough to do so, it wouldn't be a mismatch.

2) More SET post plays called for bigs. I test 98 Bulls and Lakers. Before the edits, I could not get Shaq to have a high number of shot attempts, even with his touches and shot tendency at 99, along with post shots and inside shot being in the 90s as well. Now he is easily getting 18-20 shots per game.

3) More QUICK post plays. It is cool to see MJ bring the ball up the court, pass it to the left wing, dive from the top of the key to the left block, and call for the ball.

Last edited by Hyperballer21; 04-18-2013 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Serra, not Sellaz
Old 04-18-2013, 04:40 PM   #508
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Did you mean Serra?
Old 04-18-2013, 04:41 PM   #509
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
In-game it works.
And if he is guarded good he did not force any shot.
Maybe Collison "pops" with mid at 70...for sure a low valor than Ibaka(same inside tendency).

However I think that is all about player tendency:Thunder mid in coach profile at 50(not an high valor) and same result with drive the lane at 0 or above 1(player tendency).
If you're not going to play a mode where the sim-engine is involved, it wouldn't effect anything. I plan on playing a lengthy association when all this editing is done, though, and don't want to see his sim FG% looking like that of a SG. I'd try looking at Coaching Profile Tendencies, Playbooks, and whether those pops were coming off of called plays or Freelance situations before I messed with something that would disrupt the sim engine.

Quote:
I'm at a point where dribble penetration to the lane is so successful that I need to

1.) lower the shooting foul slider

2.) adjust dunk ratings so that Lebron isn't showing off everytime he gets to the rim. I still want him to posterize people occasionally but . . . Lol it's just too much right now. It takes away from the realism when he 360 Windmills on someone. How can I fix that but still make him dunk when he gets in the lane?

SLIMM we have a problem.

Quickness. It is 100% why the ballhandler is able to get that first step around his defender. It is crucial that people have a high(er) quickness attribute than 25

But I really like that it slows down walking speed. It leads to cool animations of people slipping that you don't see when quickness is at normal levels.

Can I have my cake and eat it too?
I have always had big men capped at 75 (only for REALLY athletic ones) and with a basement of 35 with the majority of them having a 45 or 55. The Joel Przybillas of the world may get a 25, but they are VERY rare. Have you tried something like that yet? Also, what game speed are you on? I turned mine down from 68 to 55 or 60 and have seen different animations and somewhat different behavior from the AI. Hopefully, that's not a placebo.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #510
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
If you're not going to play a mode where the sim-engine is involved, it wouldn't effect anything. I plan on playing a lengthy association when all this editing is done, though, and don't want to see his sim FG% looking like that of a SG. I'd try looking at Coaching Profile Tendencies, Playbooks, and whether those pops were coming off of called plays or Freelance situations before I messed with something that would disrupt the sim engine.

I have always had big men capped at 75 (only for REALLY athletic ones) and with a basement of 35 with the majority of them having a 45 or 55. The Joel Przybillas of the world may get a 25, but they are VERY rare. Have you tried something like that yet? Also, what game speed are you on? I turned mine down from 68 to 55 or 60 and have seen different animations and somewhat different behavior from the AI. Hopefully, that's not a placebo.
Hmm I though game speed was just a slow motion or fast forward slider. I find that on slower speeds it aids with collision detection but DukeC feels the opposite. I play on 45 because I need a little more time to make a smart decision.

The reason why I ask is because I hate sliders. And this seems like a problem I can't edit my way out of.

I am not willing to butcher the quickness rating of genuinely quick players just so I can see them fall down more. And now that I know high quickness ratings for good offensive threats is a must I'm kind of at a loss. Perhaps I will play all my games in association where I can use the player speed slider.

About Serra11

I think there may be something to tendencies/attributes and playcalling that we are unfairly dismissing. Did you read Hype's post about more plays being called for higher offensive post bigs. Logic says that can't be right. But something may be going on with which plays "auto play calling" is choosing.

I'll look into that because I have to know how to get point guards more Iso specific plays.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #511
MVP

OVR: 25

@bigtrey, I am now understanding your explanation of Attack the Basket and Pass Out.

I'll break it down to make sure I got you right and in case anyone else wasn't getting it either.

Attack the Basket and Pass Out are two completely different tendencies.

I thinking of it this way(helps to put yourself in the mind of the player).

So, as the player I have the ball, now what? Well I have three choices, I can shoot, I can try to score myself(drive), or I can pass the ball to a teammate.

Now you have to decide what kind of player you are. A scorer, a pass first point guard, spot up shooter, etc.

Let's say I am a scorer for the first example. I am going to want to attack, so I need to have a fairly high tendency to do so.

The Attack the Basket tendency slider effects the frequency in which you make the choice to drive, perhaps a better description of this slider would be "Offensive Aggression". I do not think this slider much effect on what the player does after this decision. I tend to think of it as an "if/then scenario."

Do I have the ball? - Yes
Do I want to attempt to score? - Yes
Do I want to shoot right now? - NO
Do I want to drive - Yes?

Pass Out works in a similar manner and may have more of an effect on what the player does if he decides to attack.

Let's pick up where I was with the "if/then" where the ball has decided to drive.

Am I going to get a shot off this drive? - This is where I think Pass Out starts to kick in
If yes, then shoot(lay-up, dunk, pull up J)
If no, then pass out

The lower the Pass Out slider the more likely the player is the think, "hey I got a lane I'm gonna score" even if the defense is a position to get a possible stop. From there ratings take over to decide the players success based off the shot type he chose.

The higher the Pass Out the more likely a player is to give up a contested shot for a better look from a teammate.

So, how are we to set these?

For guards and forwards(and some rare faceup bigs) slimm's ATB=Inside shot tend. PO=Pass rating works pretty well.

For Bigs, this is where I am having issues.

I'll use Manute Bol as my example:
ATB=0
PO=75

I have seen this happen a lot with the 0,75 setting. But you have said 50 makes them too indecisive. There must a sweet spot in the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #512
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
For sure,Battier pops came from freelance situations.I did not give to the Heat pick and pop plays.

What are your Ibaka shot tendencies???

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »