Home

Old 04-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #537
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeze21
Another important discover,in my opinion.

The NO Triple Threat tendency makes the players iper-aggressive
I dropped to 0 dtl,pull-up,all the dribble penetration and setup dribble(apart 10 in straight dribble) for Chalmers,D-Wade and James. But the first two were still too aggressive while Lebron very meticulous with the ball in his hand. The reasons were simple:Lebron had 100 triple threat and 0 NO triple threat,Wade 40-60 and Chalmers 0-100. So I zeroed NO TT for the two guards and now they don't try to rush in any situations

SO ARE U ZEROING OUT NO TT FOR EVERYBODY
No, not at all, at low Tempo's it makes the game look silly with one pass, then a jab step then another pass, then a jab step. You want players to be aggressive and take advantage of a good situation.

Think of it like this.

Lebron- you know he is going to attack. So giving him a:

No triple threat tendency of 70 will allow him to use his 20 pump fake, or 25 use triple threat if he is in a neutral situation where his defender is in front of him. But if he gets the ball on a kick out where he is slightly open the 70 no triple threat will make him attack the rim without pump faking or jab stepping.

Shane Battier- you know he is not going to attack, so give him:

No triple threat 80 and jack up his shoot from triple threat to 50. This will make him launch 3's when he catches the ball when he is open but will keep him from jab stepping like he thinks he's Lebron.

No triple threat means exactly what it says.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #538
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
So you have solid profiles or just for one team ?!
I'm still tinkering but a basic rule of thumb for coach profiles is panning out like:

Help Defense: 0-40. 40 might be too high.

Crash offensive glass: 0- 25: this dependes on the put back and drive the lane tendency on the people in your roster.

Shoot inside: 0-40
Shoot close: 0-35
Shoot mid: 50-90
Shoot 3: 50-90

This coach profile is based off of the edits that this thread has produced. I don't recommend using them unless your drive and kick game is mad gangster.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-19-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #539
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Serra11 when you say you "dropped pull up to 0" you have to think of it like you raised penetration to 100
Old 04-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #540
Rookie

OVR: 0

bigtreydawg 02:42 PM 04-19-2013

No, not at all, at low Tempo's it makes the game look silly with one pass, then a jab step then another pass, then a jab step. You want players to be aggressive and take advantage of a good situation.

Think of it like this.

No triple threat tendency of 70 will allow him to use his 20 pump fake, or 25 use triple threat if he is in a neutral situation where his defender is in front of him. But if he gets the ball on a kick out where he is slightly open the 70 no triple threat will make him attack the rim without pump faking or jab stepping.

No triple threat 80 and jack up his shoot from triple threat to 50. This will make him launch 3's when he catches the ball when he is open but will keep him from jab stepping like he thinks he's Lebron.

YO I'M LOVING WAY Y'ALL BREAKIN THESE DOWN..I'MA TEST THESE AND GET BACK TO U. CAN U ALSO EXPLAIN YOUR OPINION ON TRIPLE TREAT SHOT
Old 04-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #541
Rookie

OVR: 0
TRIPLE THREAT SHOT.LOL..U KNOW MY FAULT
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #542
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg

Think of it like this.

So what would you recommend for Melo or JR. I'm still tryna get a feel for this stuff
Old 04-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #543
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
So what would you recommend for Melo or JR. I'm still tryna get a feel for this stuff
Triple threat shot: shooting without dribbling/busting one in your eyeball.

The higher this is the more likely he is to shoot regardless of where the defender is. This tendency combined with a high pull up tendency allows for a significant increase in one dribble pull up animations.

So Ray Allen has a pretty low attack the Basket, he's old now he doesn't create his own shots as much as he used to. What you want to do for him is increase his triple threat shot to 40-60 and keep his no triple threat high (70-80) so that he is not "too" trigger happy. Now all Ray Allen does is catch and shoot. If you want to spice it up a bit, raise his pull up tendency into the 40 add a little bit of step back jumper and now he will attempt to shake a defender, take a big step back and bust one in your eye.

Warning: Big guys like Tim Duncan, Marc Gasol, Bogut shoot from the triple threat. They don't pull up. It is very important that if you give a big man that has no business dribbling the ability to shoot from the triple threat, you take away his ability to pull up. Otherwise they'll try to get fancy and the defense will laugh at them.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #544
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Triple threat shot: shooting without dribbling/busting one in your eyeball.

The higher this is the more likely he is to shoot regardless of where the defender is. This tendency combined with a high pull up tendency allows for a significant increase in one dribble pull up animations.

So Ray Allen has a pretty low attack the Basket, he's old now he doesn't create his own shots as much as he used to. What you want to do for him is increase his triple threat shot to 40-60 and keep his no triple threat high (70-80) so that he is not "too" trigger happy. Now all Ray Allen does is catch and shoot. If you want to spice it up a bit, raise his pull up tendency into the 40 add a little bit of step back jumper and now he will attempt to shake a defender, take a big step back and bust one in your eye.

Warning: Big guys like Tim Duncan, Marc Gasol, Bogut shoot from the triple threat. They don't pull up. It is very important that if you give a big man that has no business dribbling the ability to shoot from the triple threat, you take away his ability to pull up. Otherwise they'll try to get fancy and the defense will laugh at them.

Lol smh you guys need a manual or something for most of this. I was jus wondering today why Melo kept doin that dumb one dribble step back. So for an Iso player to hold the ball a little longer like Melo or JR does, I would take off no triple threat shot and raise jab step and shoot from triple threat?

And oh yeah, is there something that makes them run plays more ?!

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 04-19-2013 at 07:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »