Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #545
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
Lol smh you guys need a manual or something for most of this. I was jus wondering today why Melo kept doin that dumb one dribble step back. So for an Iso player to hold the ball a little longer like Melo or JR does, I would take off no triple threat shot and raise jab step and shoot from triple threat?

And oh yeah, is there something that makes them run plays more ?!
Run plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #546
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Run plays.
Higher or lower?
Old 04-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #547
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Another important discover,in my opinion.

The NO Triple Threat tendency makes the players iper-aggressive!

I dropped to 0 dtl,pull-up,all the dribble penetration and setup dribble(apart 10 in straight dribble) for Chalmers,D-Wade and James.
But the first two were still too aggressive while Lebron very meticulous with the ball in his hand.
The reasons were simple:Lebron had 100 triple threat and 0 NO triple threat,Wade 40-60 and Chalmers 0-100.
So I zeroed NO TT for the two guards and now they don't try to rush in any situations.
Had to quote this again because.............

This is a HUGE discovery.

Prior to this I was having to jack the Tempo to 90+ to get the ball to move in the half-court. Guys would perform multiple jab steps and pump fakes.

This was because I had way the TT options for most perimeter players set something similar to this:

Pump fake=25
Triple threat=100
triple threat shot=0-75(varies, higher number for "catch and shoot" players)
No Triple threat=100

Now they look more like this:

PF=0-25(mostly subjective)
TT=50(may go lower but over this is jab step central)
TTS=0-100(varies, higher number for "catch and shoot" players, 100 may be overkill, but I have craig hodges set 100 and it seems fine, for now at least).
NTT=50-80(still tweeking this but trending towards higher numbers)

This is just for testing and not a solid scale by any means but it greatly improves the half court offense, and more.

What I noticed was, more dribble moves(all still set to 0 except SD=100).

With TT set too high a player is essentially always starting their dribble from a triple threat position. When coming out of the TT position there are a limited number of things you can do(in this game anyway).

For example, it not really possible to use the "Step Back" dribble since your TT exit off a jab step has you going forwards. of course you could do it after 1-2 dribbles but if you beat the guy with the jab step(which should be why you are driving) why would want to do a step back.

Here is a some straight gameplay from the test I did with 91 Bulls v Blazers. (Bigtrey, you should like the last play).

For coach profiles, I set everything back to 50 except:
Help D=30
Crash Off. Glass=25(I had this at 100, lol)
Zone=0(90-91 roster so no zone d)
Bench=0
Inside=0
Close=0
ATB=1
Look for post=75(another 90's adjustment)
Old 04-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #548
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123

Prior to this I was having to jack the Tempo to 90+ to get the ball to move in the half-court. Guys would perform multiple jab steps and pump fakes.

This was because I had way the TT options for most perimeter players set something similar to this:

Pump fake=25
Triple threat=100
No Triple threat=100

TTS=0-100(varies, higher number for "catch and shoot" players, 100 may be overkill, but I have craig hodges set 100 and it seems fine, for now at least).

This is just for testing and not a solid scale by any means but it greatly improves the half court offense, and more.

With TT set too high a player is essentially always starting their dribble from a triple threat position. When coming out of the TT position there are a limited number of things you can do(in this game anyway).

For example, it not really possible to use the "Step Back" dribble since your TT exit off a jab step has you going forwards. of course you could do it after 1-2 dribbles but if you beat the guy with the jab step(which should be why you are driving) why would want to do a step back.

Here is a some straight gameplay from the test I did with 91 Bulls v Blazers. (Bigtrey, you should like the last play).

Help D=30
Bench=0
Inside=0
Close=0
ATB=1
That looks A LOT like the gameplay I've been getting. What do you have Offensive Tempo set at?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #549
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

Pump fake=25
Triple threat=100
No Triple threat=100

Help D=30
Bench=0
Inside=0
Close=0
ATB=1

Two things:

You are ruining my data plan with all this awesome video.

And shame on you for finding a VHS tape of a Blazer/Bulls game and trying to pass it off as gameplay.

For that Elbow post play with Pippen, I hate that they just stare at each other from a foot away. There has got to be something you can do to make the defender put a body on him in that situation. Also, raise Pippens post drive and that will make him face up and attack.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #550
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
That looks A LOT like the gameplay I've been getting. What do you have Offensive Tempo set at?
I am assuming this is a good thing.

Tempo=50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Two things:

You are ruining my data plan with all this awesome video.

And shame on you for finding a VHS tape of a Blazer/Bulls game and trying to pass it off as gameplay.

For that Elbow post play with Pippen, I hate that they just stare at each other from a foot away. There has got to be something you can do to make the defender put a body on him in that situation. Also, raise Pippens post drive and that will make him face up and attack.
Thought you might like it.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #551
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
I am assuming this is a good thing.

Tempo=50

Thought you might like it.
Yes, it's a good thing. I noticed a MAJOR difference in gameplay when I lowered my Offensive Tempo Slider. I have it to where, historically, the highest paced teams (late 80's) would have a 60. The highest team for this year has 33. I've got a CPU game with Den @ Mia right now, DEN has 30 OFF TEMP/40 FB, Mia has 18 OFF TEMP/25 FB. End of game stats:

Den 88 FGA to Mia 94
Den 98 Points to Mia 110
Den 18 3PT to Mia 19
Den 12 FTA to Mia 11
Den 40 PIP to Mia 50
Den 9 FB points to Mia 22
Den 15 TO to Mia 8
Den 14 Points of TO to Mia 17

This is with Pro/Default sliders. Only thing I've changed is Pass Accuracy and Hands.

Lebron had 31pts, 7reb/9ast
Wade had 17pts, 6reb/5ast
Bosh had 12pts, 12reb/1ast
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #552
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Yes, it's a good thing. I noticed a MAJOR difference in gameplay when I lowered my Offensive Tempo Slider. I have it to where, historically, the highest paced teams (late 80's) would have a 60. The highest team for this year has 33. I've got a CPU game with Den @ Mia right now, DEN has 30 OFF TEMP/40 FB, Mia has 18 OFF TEMP/25 FB. End of game stats:

Den 88 FGA to Mia 94
Den 98 Points to Mia 110
Den 18 3PT to Mia 19
Den 12 FTA to Mia 11
Den 40 PIP to Mia 50
Den 9 FB points to Mia 22
Den 15 TO to Mia 8
Den 14 Points of TO to Mia 17

This is with Pro/Default sliders. Only thing I've changed is Pass Accuracy and Hands.

Lebron had 31pts, 7reb/9ast
Wade had 17pts, 6reb/5ast
Bosh had 12pts, 12reb/1ast
So you not using the sliders you posted? And what changes did you make? You don't see too many dunks on default sliders?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »