Old 04-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #577
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
You guys......

I was gonna upload my latest version of the 90-91 roster after getting caught up on the edits last night.

Now I wake up and realize I have more to do, smh, lol.

Is there an updated ratings guide by slimm floating around somewhere?

I'm using this for now:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Some of it is the same, but some has changed drastically, like all PG with 100 pass out for example.

Anyway I started testing some dribble move stuff last night with Tim Hardaway(Sr.). I figured if I can get him doing the "Killer Crossover" then I should be able to replicate about anyone.

I am still looking at the "Dribble Penetration" tends(moves) as "Go To" moves. But I think I am closing in on having to have straight dribble and simple drive, and drive right @100.

Here is what I did for Timmy:

Pull up=0(man i wish we could figure this one out)
Pump Fake=15
TT=25
TTS=50
NO TT=75

Straight Dribble=50
Size Up=0(cause the "Spin Cycle" even @ 25 it is just less frequent)

Drive Right=50

Crossover=100
Spin=0(use with caution, unless player is specifically known for his spin move)
Half Spin=0
Double Cross=100
BB=0
Hes Cross=25
In and out=75
Simple Drive=0

ATB=68
PO=85
(this is based of inside shot tend and pass rating respectively).

Hope to have something soon.
Wow, you went an entirely different direction with dribble penetration, are you seeing an AND1 mix tape out there?
Old 04-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #578
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
With all the testing you huys are doing has it stopped the PG taking most of the shots?

HELLO BROOKYLN.
All Black Everything
Old 04-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #579
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Wow, you went an entirely different direction with dribble penetration, are you seeing an AND1 mix tape out there?
No not really. I think the AND1 type stuff is tied to the size up tendency.

I also think setting the Triple Threat stuff correctly helps too. With a low TT and High No TT when a guy catches a pass he is more likely to go straight to a live dribble than jab step or pump fake. This leads to more total dribbles for that player and therefore less of the and one stuff.

Think of it this way(and these numbers are totally made up just for example purposes).

Before we figured out TT, lets say Magic was dribbling the ball 100 times a game, and as we know the the "dribble penetration" tendencies enhance what the players are already hard coded to do.

If Magic has a Spin of 50 then half the time he is going to be looking to use that move(provided it is the only one you gave him).

With No TT high he generates more live dribbles, lets say 200(to keep the math easy). If Spin is still 50 he only look to do that move 25% of the time.

So the more the dribble the less likely they are to use the moves, if that makes any sense.

Again this not exact and it would be virtually impossible to determine how many times a guy dribbles in a game on average, but from what I have seen lately this is roughly the way it works.

However, since the moves are hard coded, if you put too high a value on certain moves they can become too frequent.

Example: Crossover - I would not go above 25 for this as players use it well and often enough with it a zero.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #580
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
With all the testing you huys are doing has it stopped the PG taking most of the shots?
For the most part, yes. Teams without a real go to Superstar tend to look for the PG late in the shot clock still, but I don't think that is fixable.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:09 PM   #581
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
I did not even know that was an issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #582
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
No not really. I think the AND1 type stuff is tied to the size up tendency.

I also think setting the Triple Threat stuff correctly helps too. With a low TT and High No TT when a guy catches a pass he is more likely to go straight to a live dribble than jab step or pump fake. This leads to more total dribbles for that player and therefore less of the and one stuff.

Think of it this way(and these numbers are totally made up just for example purposes).

Before we figured out TT, lets say Magic was dribbling the ball 100 times a game, and as we know the the "dribble penetration" tendencies enhance what the players are already hard coded to do.

If Magic has a Spin of 50 then half the time he is going to be looking to use that move(provided it is the only one you gave him).

With No TT high he generates more live dribbles, lets say 200(to keep the math easy). If Spin is still 50 he only look to do that move 25% of the time.

So the more the dribble the less likely they are to use the moves, if that makes any sense.

Again this not exact and it would be virtually impossible to determine how many times a guy dribbles in a game on average, but from what I have seen lately this is roughly the way it works.

However, since the moves are hard coded, if you put too high a value on certain moves they can become too frequent.

Example: Crossover - I would not go above 25 for this as players use it well and often enough with it a zero.
I see your logic and looking more closely at the moves you upped it makes sense. I do t think I've ever seen the CPU use a legit double cross. So that makes sense. But why is simple drive down to nothing?

Following that logic if you remove all dribble penetration tendencies the CPU should default to the next form of attack which is backdown. I hope that works.

2k really should put a slider for moving around with your back to the basket.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:44 PM   #583
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
I did not even know that was an issue.
Maybe its just me if you guys never noticed it before (default rosters and a few edited ones I've used). I just see it often when I play. Carry on. Don't want to pile onto what you guys are doing. Just thought I would ask.

HELLO BROOKYLN.
All Black Everything
Old 04-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #584
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
I see your logic and looking more closely at the moves you upped it makes sense. I do t think I've ever seen the CPU use a legit double cross. So that makes sense. But why is simple drive down to nothing?

Following that logic if you remove all dribble penetration tendencies the CPU should default to the next form of attack which is backdown. I hope that works.

2k really should put a slider for moving around with your back to the basket.
2k11 had a self-post tendency but I never saw the move done in 12. Would love it if we could figure that one out. That video of Barkley was sweet. The way I had always viewed simple drive was the tendency to NOT use a spin layup, hop step, or euro as those are all drive moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »