Home

Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #585
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
2k11 had a self-post tendency but I never saw the move done in 12. Would love it if we could figure that one out. That video of Barkley was sweet. The way I had always viewed simple drive was the tendency to NOT use a spin layup, hop step, or euro as those are all drive moves.
But they are still driving, lol. I know the CPU is capable of doing all the moves but if we take away 'all the moves' and keep the attack tendency the CPU should be like "alright, what else can I do? Ooh look I have a backdown tendency of 70."

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-20-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Edit: oh shucks, you said hop step. I wonder if I remove his finishing moves . . . Alright, two ideas is better than one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #586
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I see your logic and looking more closely at the moves you upped it makes sense. I do t think I've ever seen the CPU use a legit double cross. So that makes sense. But why is simple drive down to nothing?

Following that logic if you remove all dribble penetration tendencies the CPU should default to the next form of attack which is backdown. I hope that works.

2k really should put a slider for moving around with your back to the basket.
To see if I could induce him to perform the double cross by eliminating "simple" dribbles. It doesn't really work that way but its a step in the right direction.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #587
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
To see if I could induce him to perform the double cross by eliminating "simple" dribbles. It doesn't really work that way but its a step in the right direction.
It doesn't work work at all or it didn't happen as much as you thought it would?

Can you do me a solid and post Charles Barkley like you did Penny. (I'll download your roster once one these hotel chains gives me an Internet connection.)
Old 04-20-2013, 05:48 PM   #588
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
But they are still driving, lol. I know the CPU is capable of doing all the moves but if we take away 'all the moves' and keep the attack tendency the CPU should be like "alright, what else can I do? Ooh look I have a backdown tendency of 70."
True. But what I meant was there is such thing as an actual simple drive where the player drives to the basket with no special moves. Since RED MC was released it will be much easier to test things given the global editing options. My gut feeling is that the post back down is a tendency within the post position just as post spin, post drive, etc. Question is what led the player to go from a straight up drive position to a post position? It looks like each tendency has a scenario where it's in the cards for the CPU to choose it. When dribbling in place he can size up or straight dribble. When driving he can pull up or penetrate. When penetrating he can do moves or not (not counting hard coded contextual moves of course). When posting he can spin, back down, face up etc. This is why you don't see triple threat at the end of a drive or a post back down. I am not sure that these tendencies cross over as much as suggested.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #589
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
True. But what I meant was there is such thing as an actual simple drive where the player drives to the basket with no special moves. Since RED MC was released it will be much easier to test things given the global editing options. My gut feeling is that the post back down is a tendency within the post position just as post spin, post drive, etc. Question is what led the player to go from a straight up drive position to a post position? It looks like each tendency has a scenario where it's in the cards for the CPU to choose it. When dribbling in place he can size up or straight dribble. When driving he can pull up or penetrate. When penetrating he can do moves or not (not counting hard coded contextual moves of course). When posting he can spin, back down, face up etc. This is why you don't see triple threat at the end of a drive or a post back down. I am not sure that these tendencies cross over as much as suggested.
That makes sense and I would agree with you if i hadn't seen so much of it from guards with very little freelance post tendencies. There has to be something or multiple little somethings that encourage that to happen. When Hype drops back in I hope he can offer some insight since he's been messing around in the post game quite a bit. Maybe it's attribute related.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #590
MVP

Quote:
It doesn't work work at all or it didn't happen as much as you thought it would?

Can you do me a solid and post Charles Barkley like you did Penny. (I'll download your roster once one these hotel chains gives me an Internet connection.)
Did not happen as much as I thought.

I'm not sure what you mean about Barkley and Penny.

Are you on PS3? That's what my roster is for.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #591
MVP

'91 Pistons @ Lakers:

Magic:
Straight Dribble=75, size up=0, Hesitation=25

Spin=50, Half Spin=25, In/Out=25, all others including simple drive are at 0.

Isiah:
Straight Dribble=75, size up=0, Hesitation=25

Crossover=50, Spin=10, Double Cross=25, Behind back=15, all others including simple drive are at 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #592
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

QPC , can you tell me the drive the lane tendency rating of your Charles Barkley

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »