Home

Old 04-21-2013, 12:17 AM   #601
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Haha trippy right?!?

Dude, I don't want it to be, maybe that just happened. By all accounts it should happen more often. Please test it. I'm going to when I get back home.

If it is the case, I'm already going over the reasons why it might be. But I'll save that for later.

This game, man
Been working all day outside, very tired. I'm trying to get Portland to play right, namely Batum. In 20 minutes this game, he's taken 10 3's. That's WAY too many. Can't figure out why.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #602
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
Been working all day outside, very tired. I'm trying to get Portland to play right, namely Batum. In 20 minutes this game, he's taken 10 3's. That's WAY too many. Can't figure out why.
Dude that is a PC thing I struggle so much to get to 20 3s a game. You got 1 guy shooting ten.

What are his ratings and do you still have that slider boost or is it at 45 now?
Old 04-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #603
MVP

Quote:
Dude that is a PC thing I struggle so much to get to 20 3s a game. You got 1 guy shooting ten.

What are his ratings and do you still have that slider boost or is it at 45 now?
His 3PT tendency is 50. Lowest touches in the starting lineup. Dude is an assassin from deep. I have all in-game shooting sliders at 50. Coaching Profile 3PT at 92. I am trying a new scale for that where I multiply 4x how many 3's a team takes per game. They took 23 a game during the season. I don't want to have to mess with Pull Up again. I hate that tendency.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:17 AM   #604
MVP

I think I got it. It wasn't his tendencies, it was a few post plays that had Batum coming off a screen and catching the initial pass at the 3PT line or a play where the entry pass was made but the posting player would immediately pass out to Batum. I replaced those plays with others from Vannwolfhawk's list and it is working much better.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #605
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
I think I got it. It wasn't his tendencies, it was a few post plays that had Batum coming off a screen and catching the initial pass at the 3PT line or a play where the entry pass was made but the posting player would immediately pass out to Batum. I replaced those plays with others from Vannwolfhawk's list and it is working much better.
Haha one play was ruining everything! Wow, this game.

I've been playing around with just about every slider with mixed success. I'm realizing now that, really none of the perimeter guys on the heat are posting up like they used to. So frustrating.

I'm done for the night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #606
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Update on my progress:

You can't make them post up everytime, I think A big factor is height and weight, I'm basing that on seeing Kobe, Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, and Wade,usually being bigger then their opponent and they're the guards that do it the most.

You can help hint a player to the Post. I found that once I lowered Bosh's simple drive into the 40s (everything else was zero) he would occasionally back down his Chris Bosh counterpart. Which is the result I expected. If I were to take his simple drive to 0 I don't think he's gonna start doing hesitation double cross overs to get to the rim.

The attack tendency has a "timed out" feature much like the fastbreak slider. I have Chris Bosh at 30 and if he is not successful in penetrating on his first or second attempt then he backs way out to the perimeter and passes away.

After seeing that and re reading QPC123 post about percentages of dribble moves I'm beginning to think a portion of this game is time based where if a move doesn't happen within that window then it's on to the next option.

Tempo - won't let the Cpu shoot until a certain spot in the shot clock
Pass out - the lower it is the longer the ball is held. Even if there is no reason to hold the ball.

That last observation is more of a meta commentary on the game than actual information.

What I'm gonna do next is systematically take things away from Joe Johnson to see if I can isolate the few tendencies that make him post up his defender. This is easily the most subjective test I've done but I think a good starting point will be drive the lane, since I definetly want to rule that out of the equation.

I'll try again on Monday.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-21-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #607
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
I'm not really sure what causes that either. Best guess would be the freelance post up tendency in combo with his Attack. I have his post up @75 and attack is 82. I'll look more into it as this may be way to get Magic to dribble with his back towards he basket.
Quote:
Look at me getting all noob ish on my own thread

What makes someone (who already has the ball) post up in freelance. Qpc123. I saw in the video you posted Charles Barkley took it from the 3pt line and posted up his man. What do you think made him do that?
In tendencies,the last one of the post moves(not aggressive backdown).
If it is high,a player will try to give the back to his defender from a normal standing position.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #608
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
POST MOVES:
SPIN=75
DRIVE=75
AGG BACKDOWN=100
LP=0
DS=50
FACE=50
BD=100(THIS MAY BE IT)
Yes,it is exactly this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »