Home

Old 04-22-2013, 06:03 PM   #625
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Well put,

I sent a PM to SLIMM but QPC123, I may have something that will improve gameplay and allow us to raise help D provided it test out the way I expect.
In the meantime,I discovered this.

I was looking at the grades of OKC players:Westbrook had B+ in perimeter defense while Thabo only a B
However,Sefolosha has 80 in onball defense and Russell only 70 or 75...
the answer was QUICKNESS;I raised this for Thabo and the grade become an A.
So quickness has to be related to on ball defense to create a solid perimeter defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #626
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Triple Threat Shot = This effects the frequency of the player to shoot the ball before he dribbles NOT CORRECT

Triple Threat Shot = frequency of how often he shoots after a pump fake or jab step. CORRECT

I have Battier with 0 SHOT FROM TT and 100 in TT.
Every time he catches the ball outside the three point line he immediately shoots.BECUASE he's high three point tendency(75).
But when is guarded properly,he "decides" to stand in TT position(because I don't want that he starts to dribble) and after this he always passes the ball because his 0 shoot from tt.
And Hyper can confirm all since I'm using his roster.

Hodges catch and shoot only because his shot tendencies(70 mid and 49 3pt have to be considered high valors) and coach profile of the Bulls),MJ did what he did because his TT,shoot from TT and mid shot tendency.

Ok, I'll look into it.

My main reason for the test was to show that NO TT didn't have an effect on play aggression. I kinda forgot to mention that.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #627
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
My main reason for the test was to show that NO TT didn't have an effect on play aggression. I kinda forgot to mention that.
Here we are maybe in the area of preference.
With NO TT at 0 I have now re-assigned an high DTL to certain players and they not seem to rush for me.
I'm not say it's the way to go,but the players now try to "think" a little bit instead of "I have the ball...ATTAAAAAAAAAAACK".

And maybe a good balance between TT and NO TT is furthermore the better solution.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:34 PM   #628
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Here we are maybe in the area of preference.
With NO TT at 0 I have now re-assigned an high DTL to certain players and they not seem to rush for me.
I'm not say it's the way to go,but the players now try to "think" a little bit instead of "I have the ball...ATTAAAAAAAAAAACK".

And maybe a good balance between TT and NO TT is furthermore the better solution.
That is really the answer to a lot the issues we have been dealing with. The problem is you have to it by taking things to the extreme and once you understand how they work it becomes a matter of finding the "sweet spot" for those tendencies as well as how they relate to other tendencies and/or ratings.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:11 PM   #629
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
That is really the answer to a lot the issues we have been dealing with. The problem is you have to it by taking things to the extreme and once you understand how they work it becomes a matter of finding the "sweet spot" for those tendencies as well as how they relate to other tendencies and/or ratings.
I just found out about quickness as well.

My Shane Battier has a on ball D of 99, to make it so players can still get around him I lowered his quickness to 75. Now he plays very physical defense but still manages to get burned.

One drawback however is that he fell down when someone jab stepped in front of him, lol.

All right here is some big news:

The higher the take close shot of a player the more likely he is to post up when he has the ball.

The higher the coach profile take close shot is the more likely everyone will post up when they have the ball.

The higher the finishing moves (hop step, spin, euro,) the less likely a player is to post up when he has the ball.

3 days and massive amounts of frustration but I found the answer
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #630
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

QPC I think with the quickness thing figured out we can raise On ball D for bigs close to 80 and butcher their quickness. That way everybody bodies up their man and you won't have that Scottie Pippen situation where the defender states at his man.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #631
Pro

OVR: 8

"The problem is you have to it by taking things to the extreme and once you understand how they work it becomes a matter of finding the "sweet spot" for those tendencies as well as how they relate to other tendencies and/or ratings."

The answer: E=MC squared.

Read the whole thread. Whew. My head hurts!!

Could you please summarize what you think you learned on tendencies in each area (with small parameters) and Ill input data for two teams and test.

New EYEs. Thanks for your efforts. Great read
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #632
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agame
"The problem is you have to it by taking things to the extreme and once you understand how they work it becomes a matter of finding the "sweet spot" for those tendencies as well as how they relate to other tendencies and/or ratings."

The answer: E=MC squared.

Read the whole thread. Whew. My head hurts!!

Could you please summarize what you think you learned on tendencies in each area (with small parameters) and Ill input data for two teams and test.

New EYEs. Thanks for your efforts. Great read
Yeah this thread is kind of a doozy.

It started with me trying, figure out run plays and the more intricate aspects of the coaching profile.

That led to needing to adjust tendencies, which in turn led to pissing off certain roster makers.

Then all of a sudden (I blame SLIMM) it turned it to an existential meta-commentary about fundamental 2k Basketball mechanics.

I'm trying to update the front page with definitive finds and relevant information but

A) I'm lazy

B) things keep changing. I thought for sure there was no way around the spin cycle but along comes QPC with easily one of the best write ups I've seen for this game and now I have to amend the front page.

I think it would be easier to just ask a question and one of us will let you know what we know about it.

Sorry. But you're welcome to dive in on this mayhem. Once SLIMM gets back to me with some test results we're really gonna dive into floor spacing.

That should be fun.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-22-2013 at 11:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »