Home

Old 04-23-2013, 12:40 AM   #641
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimm44
What am I supposed to be testing? I forget.

Very Funny
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 AM   #642
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy611
I heard that some of those settings are reversed. Have you heard of this?
Hahaha you are either the ghost of Sirjam or a very dedicated troll.

I miss that guy, he was so helpful.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:47 AM   #643
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Wow thats two new names. I sincerely thought I was doing this for my own benefit.

How many people are actually looking at this thread and not saying anything?

I suppose I owe it to anyone putting up with us constantly disagreeing with each other to clarify what actually works.
Lot more people than you would think ( Carl Sagen #'s)!!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #644
MVP

OVR: 19

@ Bigtrey - I think with other FL tendencies being "active" (above 0) and plays being assigned, it's a good thing for us to use the Iso FL tendency. I'm also thinking about lowering the Post Up FL tendency to 0 for any player who's not COMPLETELY dominant in the post and who really took a lot of shots in the post ie Shaq, Olajuwon, etc.

Reason is, the higher the Post Up Tendency, the more you see the animation of one person setting a screen and the person who is posting up will come across the lane and "flash" for the entry pass. This is one of the most absurd animations in the game. I can't remember the last time I saw that happen, on any level of basketball, EVER. Makes me angry just typing about it.

Back to the ISO FL tendency, in testing I had it at 100 for all starters, all play types at None, and all other FL tendencies at 0. In that extreme test, if the ISO didn't result in a shot or a drive/kick for a shot, it would almost always end with Lebron standing at the 3PT line and Haslem would come and Spot Up, then cut around 6 feet away, then return to the orginal Spot Up Location. This would be OK, but the original Spot Up Location for Haslem was BEHIND Lebron, around 30 feet from the basket. Me no likey.

That being said, I haven't seen that nearly as much when there are play types and other FL tendencies applied.

Another thing that I noticed is that it seems the AI will only try to "activate" one FL sequence per possession. For instance, I didn't see a single possession where two PNR's were ran, two ISO's were ran, two Post Up's were ran, etc. There were times where the pick setter would flash from the low post to the PNR ball handler and the ball handler would make a pass before the PNR sequence was totally activated. In times like that, the pick setter would try to set another pick. However, once the ball handler uses a pick, I don't think the AI will activate another FL situation at all, just ball movement until a turnover, shot attempt, or end of the shot clock madness begins.

Hope this helps.

Also, I may not be around for a while. I have a business meeting tomorrow morning at 8:00AM where I get to "learn" that my company is laying off 24 of it's 49 employees. I know I'm not one of them, so that's good. However, I may not have much time to be around after tomorrow. I'm in the middle of helping my company develop a business plan so we can keep the doors open. I thought we were out of this mess, but we're not, and I gotta do whatever I can to make sure the ship doesn't sink.

If you pray, please do so for me and my family. I can see God doing some amazing things behind the scenes (PM me if you want details, don't want to breach TOS), but this is definitely the most confusing time I've ever had. Hopefully, I get to talk to you guys again soon.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:01 AM   #645
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

I saw on your thread that you were going through a situation. I was really surprised when you stopped by mine to help out.

Take care of whatever you go to take care of. Good luck. And thanks for all the help. Drop by when you can.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #646
Pro

Here's what I would like if possible:

Q. If you would: You're ratings in alll for Ray Allen, Shane B., Chalmers, Wade.

Hyper or Serra If you would: your complete ratings for Bosh, Anderson, Haslem, & Anthony please.

Big. If you would: your complete ratings for James, Miller, Cole, Lewis.

(Jones & Howard I'll do based off above players ratings).

I just want to see what happens when I pool all the data & play a few games. Seems like you guys have a lot of idea's. Lets try them out.

Or. If its too much work for my request. No problem
Old 04-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #647
Pro

"If you pray, please do so for me and my family. I can see God doing some amazing things behind the scenes - but this is definitely the most confusing time I've ever had. Hopefully, I get to talk to you guys again soon."

Focus on Family. Stay positive. God is always listening
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 AM   #648
MVP

OVR: 25

Ok after some more testing here are more thoughts on Triple Threat Shot

I would not call this the 'catch and shoot' tendency, that is largely dictated by shot location tendencies.

I also think that with zero pump fake, 100 triple threat, 100 high triple threat shot, and 100 high no triple threat, you can increase the odds of a player taking a shot after a catch before a dribble. This is based off observation and maybe a placebo but the amount of testing needed to get a large enough sample size is more than I am willing to tackle. Especially, since you have to consider late shot clock situations where any player who passed too will shoot immediately.

Basically, having NO TT at 100 and TT at 100 with no fake, results in cancelation effect that often results in a shot decision by the computer.

Here is the problem, it is nearly impossible to tell which is which because they are essentially the same animation.

Whenever a player catches the ball without his feet square to the basket on the perimeter he will square up and by doing so enters the "triple threat" position.

The only time you can really tell it was merely a catch a shoot is when the crazy spin shots happy or you zero out all the TT options.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »