Old 04-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #673
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Link Please!!

I thought I loved research . . . You're a nut. Lol

My Xbox just chewed up my disk (is it okay to have the console standing up) so I'm gonna be on sabbatical for a few days. I'll drop in because I'm ruthlessly addicted to this game but I can't be of much help till Thursday or so when I can head to Gamestop.
I don't have a link.

I plan on updating my blog with the full scale after I do a little more testing.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #674
Rookie

OVR: 0

Originally Posted by qpc123: Eureka, I've found it!

I need to preface all of this by saying that:

I did not develop this scale and was in no way involved in its creation. I must offer my deepest apologies to any and everyone who involved in its creation. It has been so long since I first found it I cannot remember who was responsible for it. I'm even sure it was I found it, but it had to be when I started editing 2k10 or 2k11. Anyone who has been editing since that time may be familiar with this.

If you are the creator or know who it is/was please feel free to chime in so they receive their due credit.

Ok, now that, that is out of the way on to the good stuff.

Earlier this evening I was struck by the thought that at one time I had seen a scale for dribble moves in 2k. I remembered it being real low to manage the over use of the moves. After a good 45 minutes of search through old threads I couldn't find it again(I'm sure it is here somewhere).

So I starting digging around in my old roster files on my laptop and I stumbled upon a word document I had titled 'tendencies'.

I opened it and there it was......

The Scale for Dribble Moves.

Here it is for PG's, SG's, and SF's.

Key for PG, SG PG, SG Always 22 Go to move (15) Uses often (13) Uses sometimes (11) Uses rarely, but has used it (9) Has the ability (7) Lowest allowed (5) Lowest allowed (5) Whatever is left over is simple drive

Key for SF SF always 18 Go to move (13) Uses often (11) Uses sometimes (9) Uses rarely, but has used it (7) Has the ability (5) Lowest allowed (3) Lowest allowed (3) Whatever is left over is simple drive

Their is scale for PF and C but I just did these for test purposes.

I am testing it right now, but I had to pause to post a quick preview. All I can it say it is early results are, IMO, outstanding.

Oh, and about my wanting to get Jordan to react similar to the video I posted. Just watch the Bulls first possession:-).

hey QPC....I got a question bro....where it says pg and sg always 22 and sf always 18. What do that mean. Also what's ur scale for big men (pf & c). Big up to y'all busting this game wide open.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #675
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Eureka, I've found it!

I need to preface all of this by saying that:

I did not develop this scale and was in no way involved in its creation. I must offer my deepest apologies to any and everyone who involved in its creation. It has been so long since I first found it I cannot remember who was responsible for it. I'm even sure it was I found it, but it had to be when I started editing 2k10 or 2k11. Anyone who has been editing since that time may be familiar with this.

If you are the creator or know who it is/was please feel free to chime in so they receive their due credit.

Ok, now that, that is out of the way on to the good stuff.

Earlier this evening I was struck by the thought that at one time I had seen a scale for dribble moves in 2k. I remembered it being real low to manage the over use of the moves. After a good 45 minutes of search through old threads I couldn't find it again(I'm sure it is here somewhere).

So I starting digging around in my old roster files on my laptop and I stumbled upon a word document I had titled 'tendencies'.

I opened it and there it was......

The Scale for Dribble Moves.

Here it is for PG's, SG's, and SF's.

Key for PG, SG
PG, SG Always 22
Go to move (15)
Uses often (13)
Uses sometimes (11)
Uses rarely, but has used it (9)
Has the ability (7)
Lowest allowed (5)
Lowest allowed (5)
Whatever is left over is simple drive

Key for SF
SF always 18
Go to move (13)
Uses often (11)
Uses sometimes (9)
Uses rarely, but has used it (7)
Has the ability (5)
Lowest allowed (3)
Lowest allowed (3)
Whatever is left over is simple drive

Their is scale for PF and C but I just did these for test purposes.

I am testing it right now, but I had to pause to post a quick preview. All I can it say it is early results are, IMO, outstanding.

Oh, and about my wanting to get Jordan to react similar to the video I posted. Just watch the Bulls first possession.

Chia51 did these edits.
Here's a link with a global spreadsheet:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...perballer.html

Have you applied these to Pippen and MJ???I really like their movements!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #676
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Chia51 did these edits.

JEEZ-US SERRA!!

Is there anymore game changing information that you're holding back from us, lol?
Old 04-24-2013, 12:44 PM   #677
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Chia51 did these edits.

Thanks man, I knew once I posted them someone would know where they came from.

Yes, I applied the edits to MJ and Pippen.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #678
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cy-update.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia51
Fellow 2kers,

As some of you may have noticed in the rosters that 2k did a shotty job on the tendencies for just about all the players, if not all of them. Thank god we have OS and the dedicated roster guys that spend so much time editing and then sharing them with everyone so that we can have the best gameplay experience possible.

With that said, I have been editing rosters/sliders/settings for games for going on 10-12 years now, since FBPro days on the PC. I enjoy tweaking game settings, rosters and sliders to see what they do and have a compulsion to always keep track of what they do. This doesn’t matter if it was a racing game on the PC or Madden on the Xbox… I have always done this.

Now with 2k and all the options they give us, it is truly remarkable that we have the ability to change so much especially being a console game. With the PC there has always been ways to edit and now with the HEX edits that are being done, it is just another step into making the game that much more realistic.

Okay, explaining is now done and on to what this thread is for, Dribble Moves and Finishing Move Tendencies. Out of all the rosters put out, no one has touched these and they remain the default 2k status… meaning that all you will see is Hop Step and Simple Drive for finishing moves and Regular Crossovers and Hesitation Crosses.

I have come up with a pretty simple guide for editing players. Now, you’re going to say that there is no data on how often a player uses said moves during the game and I agree 100% with that. With that said it is really hard to edit a player’s moves if you don’t follow those players and/or watch tons of film. You would end up basically guessing which is pretty much what 2k did. But, even if you do watch videos / follow a player, there is no way of really knowing exactly what % of the time does he use each particular dribble penetration move/finishing move.

This is where OS is great! We have the people that know “their” teams and/or “their” favorite players. With that said there still is no % but we will have educated guesses based on everyone’s inputs.

Okay on to the guide.

Dribble Moves

Dribble Moves
Example PG, SG
Key for PG, SG
Crossover
PG, SG Always 22
Spin
Go to move (15)
Stepback
Uses often (13)
Halfspin
Uses sometimes (11)
Double Cross
Uses rarely, but has used it (9)
Behind Back
Has the ability (7)
Hez Cross
Lowest allowed (5)
In Out
Lowest allowed (5)
Simple
X
Whatever is left over

Dribble Moves
Example SF
Key for SF
Crossover
SF always 18
Spin
Go to move (13)
Stepback
Uses often (11)
Halfspin
Uses sometimes (9)
Double Cross
Uses rarely, but has used it (7)
Behind Back
Has the ability (5)
Hez Cross
Lowest allowed (3)
In Out
Lowest allowed (3)
Simple
X
Whatever is left over

Dribble Moves
Example PF, C
Key for PF, C
Crossover
PF, C always 15
Spin
Go to move (11)
Stepback
Uses often (9)
Halfspin
Uses sometimes (7)
Double Cross
Uses rarely, but has used it (5)
Behind Back
Has the ability (3)
Hez Cross
Lowest allowed (1)
In Out
Lowest allowed (1)
Simple
X
Whatever is left over

Some notes about the guide above; use film and knowledge of the players dribbling habits in order to use the guide.
  • It is not going to be “perfect” but it will be better than default.
  • Some SF can use the PG/SG Key (ex: Lebron) and some PF/C can use the SF Key (ex: Odom).
  • Use basic judgment of the player to determine where they should fall into the guide.
  • Half Spin is a terrible move as no one really does it, but it’s good for players who back down as a fake to backing down. Take into account their ball handle ability IRL.
  • Excellent/Good ball handlers should have their lowest be set at “ability to”.
  • Never should there be a 0 for a dribble move, Why? Because it will help in loose ball turnovers as well as keep the game ever so constantly “new”. How awesome would it be if Andrew Bynum pulled an In/Out move on you that you weren’t expecting. With the ratings at 0, it will never happen. But with it at 1, at least there “could” be an attempt, now the likelihood of him pulling it off is pretty slim but again it will keep you on your toes. That is why there are no 0’s.
Examples:
Dwayne Wade
Crossover: 22
Spin: 11
Stepback: 13
HalfSpin: 7
Double Cross: 9
Behind Back: 9
Hez Cross: 7
In Out: 15
Simple: 7 (whatever is left over)

Ron Artest
Crossover: 18
Spin: 5
Stepback: 9
HalfSpin: 7
Double Cross: 3
Behind Back: 3
Hez Cross: 5
In Out: 3
Simple: 47 (whatever is left over)

Al Horford
Crossover: 15
Spin: 5
Stepback: 5
HalfSpin: 3
Double Cross: 1
Behind Back: 1
Hez Cross: 1
In Out: 1
Simple: 68 (whatever is left over)

On to the finishing moves, it’s basically the same reasoning as the dribble moves. The difference is the guide though, since there are only 4 finishing moves the numbers are larger.

Finishing Moves

Finish Moves
Example PG, SG
Key for PG, SG
Hop Step
Go to move (40)
Spin Layup
Uses often (25)
Euro Step
Uses rarely, but has used it (15)

Has the ability (10)

Lowest allowed (5)

Not used for PG, SG
Simple
X
Whatever is left over

Finish Moves
Example SF
Key for SF
Hop Step
Go to move (40)
Spin Layup
Uses often (25)
Euro Step
Uses rarely, but has used it (15)

Not used for SF

Has the ability (5)

Lowest allowed (1)
Simple
X
Whatever is left over

Finish Moves
Example PF, C
Key for PF, C
Hop Step
Go to move (40)
Spin Layup
Uses often (25)
Euro Step
Not used for PF, C

Uses rarely, but has used it (10)

Has the ability (5)

Lowest allowed (1)
Simple
X
Whatever is left over

Some notes about the guide above; use film and knowledge of the players finish at the rack in order to use the guide.
  • It is not going to be “perfect” but it will be better than default.
  • Some SF can use the PG/SG Key (ex: Lebron) and some PF/C can use the SF Key (ex: Odom).
  • Use basic judgment of the player to determine where they should fall into the guide.
  • Basically, look at the player, if he has used it before then use rarely. If he uses it often then use often. If it is his “go-to” move then use that. If he is athletic and has not used it then give him the ability to. If you are not sure then give him the lowest available (a lot of players will end up having this, due to not being “athletic” enough or just not the fancy finisher).

Examples:
Dwayne Wade
Hop Step: 25 (he uses this often)
Spin: 15 (he has used this before)
Simple: 20 (whatever is left over)
Euro Step: 40 (this is his “go-to” move)

Carmelo Anthony
Hop Step: 25 (he uses this often)
Spin: 15 (he has used this before)
Simple: 55 (whatever is left over)
Euro Step: 5 (he has the ability to do this IRL)

Carlos Boozer
Hop Step: 40 (this is his “go-to” move)
Spin: 10 (he has used this before)
Simple: 49 (whatever is left over)
Euro Step: 1 (lowest allowed, he has never done this to my knowledge and he isn’t all that athletic IMO)

First Last
Crossover:
Spin:
Stepback:
HalfSpin:
Double Cross:
Behind Back:
Hez Cross:
In Out:
Simple:

Hop Step:
Spin:
Simple:
Euro Step:

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 04-24-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #679
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

^^^^
Let me know if anyone needs help with that above, I am the "expert" on that info btw...

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 04-24-2013 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #680
MVP

Well I guess there is no need for me to post it again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »