Home

Old 04-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #681
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
JEEZ-US SERRA!!

Is there anymore game changing information that you're holding back from us, lol?
Well...I share with you all my knowledge(and my mistakes) about this game

and dribble moves are qpc123' s territory(and he's a superb tester!!!).

Right now I'm trying to make the teams more aware to protect the paint(instead of staying glued to the shooters) and to detect the real offensive threats(if Bosh cuts to the paint,please Ibaka,leave Chalmers and try to block CB1!).

Last edited by Serra11; 04-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #682
MVP

OVR: 25

Sorry about deleting this earlier, I had to remove the audio for everyones sake.

Here is some gameplay in coach mode with the dribble and finishing move edits.

This is Pro; Simulation sliders with no edits.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:54 PM   #683
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
Well...I share with you all my knowledge(and my mistakes) about this game

and dribble moves are qpc123' s territory(and he's a superb tester!!!).

Right now I'm trying to make the teams more aware to protect the paint(instead of staying glued to the shooters) and to detect the real offensive threats(if Bosh cuts to the paint,please Ibaka,leave Chalmers and try to block CB1!).
SLIMM suggested to me lowering defensive pressure like we did Help D but players sink way off of shooters upon testing. It does keep the hedge man from over playing the ballhandler but its open 3s all day.

I think that problem is going to be really prevelent in CPU v CPU gameplay. As a USER you can change your defensive setting to make that a non issue but the CPU can't be fixed with Coach profile edits, without hurting defense elsewhere.

Trying lowering double team . . .
Old 04-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #684
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Sorry about deleting this earlier, I had to remove the audio for everyones sake.

Here is some gameplay in coach mode with the dribble and finishing move edits.

This is Pro; Simulation sliders with no edits.

It's a Gat Damn Block Party!! Dude I like it!

I'm having the issue where some players immediately face up pause and then quick drive like Pippen. I hate to pick on your Scottie as much as I do but there is something about our edits that really limits what guards do in the Post.

It's eating at my soul.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:25 PM   #685
MVP

Quote:
It's a Gat Damn Block Party!! Dude I like it!

I'm having the issue where some players immediately face up pause and then quick drive like Pippen. I hate to pick on your Scottie as much as I do but there is something about our edits that really limits what guards do in the Post.

It's eating at my soul.
Can you be more specific about what you would prefer to do see guards doing in those type situations?

Also, if you are referring to the last play in that video you have to keep in mind that it was Dominique on defense, and he was an average defender at best so I have his rating set pretty low.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #686
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
Can you be more specific about what you would prefer to do see guards doing in those type situations?

Also, if you are referring to the last play in that video you have to keep in mind that it was Dominique on defense, and he was an average defender at best so I have his rating set pretty low.
I thought I could be patient and wait till this weekend to buy this game but I need my fix so I'm on my way to GameStop.

For Pippen (and really every guard that catches it in the post) I'd like a little more variety than, turn & burn. It's not just you, it's happening to me a lot as well. I think I'll have it figured out by the end of the day.

On post plays players behave correctly and use the full arsenal of post moves but in freelance I have a huge issue getting them to settle down and back in. A lot of it is coach profile related.

I'll work on it.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #687
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
I thought I could be patient and wait till this weekend to buy this game but I need my fix so I'm on my way to GameStop.

For Pippen (and really every guard that catches it in the post) I'd like a little more variety than, turn & burn. It's not just you, it's happening to me a lot as well. I think I'll have it figured out by the end of the day.

On post plays players behave correctly and use the full arsenal of post moves but in freelance I have a huge issue getting them to settle down and back in. A lot of it is coach profile related.

I'll work on it.
Loving this thread and the videos are great because they show firsthand evidence...it's also one of the most ADHD threads I have seen lol.

So BigTrey, do you not think that the post move tendencies just need to be more tailor made to the player..as it is for the dribble tendencies? Regardless of the player and who is guarding them...the tendencies are what drive the players actions. Give any player a go to post move and that is what you will see. In FL or Plays.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #688
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Loving this thread and the videos are great because they show firsthand evidence...it's also one of the most ADHD threads I have seen lol.

So BigTrey, do you not think that the post move tendencies just need to be more tailor made to the player..as it is for the dribble tendencies? Regardless of the player and who is guarding them...the tendencies are what drive the players actions. Give any player a go to post move and that is what you will see. In FL or Plays.
I am leaning in that direction, it is just a matter of determining which values trigger the "levels" of the moves if that makes any sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »