Home

Old 04-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #689
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

To be honest I am going back to square one in a lot of areas.

After the dribbling and finishing moves are entered and players are executing them at the proper times, many of our edits seem extreme(which some were but had to be to fix the issue at that time).

I'll keep everyone updated and should have more video up later tonight.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #690
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sellaz32
Loving this thread and the videos are great because they show firsthand evidence...it's also one of the most ADHD threads I have seen lol.

So BigTrey, do you not think that the post move tendencies just need to be more tailor made to the player..as it is for the dribble tendencies? Regardless of the player and who is guarding them...the tendencies are what drive the players actions. Give any player a go to post move and that is what you will see. In FL or Plays.
A lot of the problem is post moves in freelance seem to be tied to an individuals close shot tendency, and when you go by Hoopdata stats for shot selection you'll see most everyone in the NBA is not a fan of th 3-15 area.

I think this can be circumvent by moving a little bit of the inside shot tendency over to close. But like I said I'm still messing around with it.

Edit: and yes, this thread is all over the place. But it has gotten a lot better.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-24-2013 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #691
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
A lot of the problem is post moves in freelance seem to be tied to an individuals close shot tendency, and when you go by Hoopdata stats for shot selection you'll see most everyone in the NBA is not a fan of th 3-15 area.

I think this can be circumvent by moving a little bit of the inside shot tendency over to close. But like I said I'm still messing around with it.
Based on everything I have read this stance may not be popular...but I honestly don't think shot location tendencies have any bearing on what the players do besides take shots. All other behaviors can be explained with tendencies.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM   #692
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Based on everything I have read this stance may not be popular...but I honestly don't think shot location tendencies have any bearing on what the players do besides take shots. All other behaviors can be explained with tendencies.
I know what your saying and I look at it this way. The easiest way to take a close shot is to post up.

Its not changing the play calling, raising it in the coach profile just makes them try to shoot from the close area more often which involves backing down.

What is interesting (and for sure I need to do more testing on this) is the less ball movement you see when all the tendencies in the coach profile are lower.

I'm starting to understand the logic behind why some people insist that gameplay is better with the coach profile at zero. I don't agree with it, but I'm starting to understand what's going on.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #693
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
I know what your saying and I look at it this way. The easiest way to take a close shot is to post up.

Its not changing the play calling, raising it in the coach profile just makes them try to shoot from the close area more often which involves backing down.

What is interesting (and for sure I need to do more testing on this) is the less ball movement you see when all the tendencies in the coach profile are lower.

I'm starting to understand the logic behind why some people insist that gameplay is better with the coach profile at zero. I don't agree with it, but I'm starting to understand what's going on.
That may be logic, but not 2K logic...lol.
Give a guy a 100 in inside shot, 0 mid, 0 close, 0 in Post up FL, 0 in ATB, and put his hot spots outside the 3 point line and he won't try to get in the lane to shoot. The shot location tendencies determine their tendency to shoot ONCE THEY ARE IN THE AREA. The others determine their tendency to actually go to the area. Including their position and playtypes in relation to the plays... I think bringing shot location tendencies in to the equation over complicates the issue.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #694
MVP

Quote:
That may be logic, but not 2K logic...lol.
Give a guy a 100 in inside shot, 0 mid, 0 close, 0 in Post up FL, 0 in ATB, and put his hot spots outside the 3 point line and he won't try to get in the lane to shoot. The shot location tendencies determine their tendency to shoot ONCE THEY ARE IN THE AREA. The others determine their tendency to actually go to the area. Including their position and playtypes in relation to the plays... I think bringing shot location tendencies in to the equation over complicates the issue.
I agree.

It is likely the reason we only really pull up jumpers from midrange when the tendency has a value.

Think of it this way:
Most perimeter players take the majority of their shot from two 'ranges'. Inside and Mid.

So when a player with a pull tendency starts his drive from behind the 3pt arch(low shot location tendency) and enters mid range(high shot location tendency) his pull up tendency engages because he is moving but this is also where he shoots from most often.

Raising close shot range tendency make help with this, but I have not tested it.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #695
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

http://youtu.be/ISKEklG7nOo

Babies first YouTube video . . . I'm sorry it looks like footage from Cloverfield

but I got it to work, a little too much actually.

we were both right it is all freelance post up tendency and raising close shot does help the people with a high tendency to post up in freelance.

Edit: aw man, how do you embed the video (I'm way too old to Internet)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #696
MVP

Quote:
http://youtu.be/ISKEklG7nOo

Babies first YouTube video . . . I'm sorry it looks like footage from Cloverfield

but I got it to work, a little too much actually.

we were both right it is all freelance post up tendency and raising close shot does help the people with a high tendency to post up in freelance.

Edit: aw man, how do you embed the video (I'm way too old to Internet)
Click where is says 'Share' under the video, the select embed and copy and paste the code into your reply.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »