Home

Old 04-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #705
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra11
First defensive action fo the Bulls:what in the blue hell was Pippen doing??!??!?!
At minute 0:32 Pippen return to guard Gambit instead of staying in the paint to contest the the cut of Parish!!!!
This bs happens to often with 2k13:any suggestions????
Were Bulls defensive pressure and help defense the same of the previous video(against the Hawks)???
This is largely an unfixable CPUvCPU problem. Since your in coach mode, go to defensive settings, set all your players to sag off when they're off ball and play tight on ball D against perimeter players. Set all your guards to go over screens and set everyone to no hedge. This is the best representation of NBA defense but it is a lot of nanny work to do before EVERY game.

The reason it is such an issue when the CPU plays itself is because of how methodical (almost to a fault) they are when they receive a pick. The ballhandler is very reactionary and if the roll man does not make contact then everyone one stands around and waits for something to happen.

This doesn't happen when we play because we're not as "good" at reading pick situations as the AI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #706
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
First defensive action fo the Bulls:what in the blue hell was Pippen doing??!??!?!
At minute 0:32 Pippen return to guard Gambit instead of staying in the paint to contest the the cut of Parish!!!!
This bs happens to often with 2k13:any suggestions????
Were Bulls defensive pressure and help defense the same of the previous video(against the Hawks)???
No the defensive pressure and help D are not the same as video against the Hawks. I am trying to see if there is any way to get CPU defenders to not sag off perimeter players who are poor 3pt shooters. It happens a lot with my 90-91 roster. Boston is probably not the team to test against since they only took 346 three's that season. Bird was really the only shooter they had.

D. Pressure against the Hawks was 50, against Boston it was 85(which likely caused the Pippen issue).
Old 04-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #707
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
No the defensive pressure and help D are not the same as video against the Hawks. I am trying to see if there is any way to get CPU defenders to not sag off perimeter players who are poor 3pt shooters. It happens a lot with my 90-91 roster. Boston is probably not the team to test against since they only took 346 three's that season. Bird was really the only shooter they had.

D. Pressure against the Hawks was 50, against Boston it was 85(which likely caused the Pippen issue).
And Help defense????
Old 04-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #708
MVP

Quote:
And Help defense????
It was at 50 also.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:36 PM   #709
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Guys, it has been a pleasure testing this game with all of you.

With the new Sim World Roster coming out this Friday (fingers crossed) I plan on going full hermit and applying everything I've learned here to the new Roster.

QPC123 you are a genius and I look forward to playing your retro roster

Serra11 you are so Italian it hurts.lol. Thank you for all your input.

Hype and Sellaz, thanks for popping in and dropping knowledge.

And SLIMM, you make my head hurt. Take care of yourself, friend.

I guess this thread can be left open for questions and testing but I know the direction I want to take with the edits I'm about to implement.

I promised a lot of things that I never got around to but once I get deep into the details I'll cook up a few blogs on floor spacing and playcalling.

Thanks everyone for enduring all of that nonsense.
Old 04-25-2013, 05:45 PM   #710
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg

With the new Sim World Roster coming out this Friday (fingers crossed) I plan on going full hermit and applying everything I've learned here to the new Roster.

I guess this thread can be left open for questions and testing but I know the direction I want to take with the edits I'm about to implement.

I promised a lot of things that I never got around to but once I get deep into the details I'll cook up a few blogs on floor spacing and playcalling.

I'm still tweaking and I'm going to keep posting here if I'll discover something interesting.
Hope for you and the Sim-World community that YouAlreadyKnow is 100% involved in the project now...
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #711
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg

I am at the same place I know how to achieve 90% of what I want and the other 10% can be achieved with small adjustments.

Now I want to get some editing done.

That being said; I do have a another quick video......

@bigtrey - is this what you are looking for?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2013, 08:38 PM   #712
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
I am at the same place I know how to achieve 90% of what I want and the other 10% can be achieved with small adjustments.

Now I want to get some editing done.

That being said; I do have a another quick video......

@bigtrey - is this what you are looking for?

Ooohoohoo smooth as silk.

I love this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »