Home

Old 03-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #65
Rookie

nip83's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer348
I've been monitoring this thread a bit and feel ready to jump in. I'm playing on the PC version (so no patch), and I did some play testing with coach mode.

I did not see any difference in freelance based on the Run Plays setting. The only difference I saw was that at high levels, teams would call multiple plays in one possession if a play failed, while at low levels, teams would freelance after a play failed. No matter what, plays were always called (unless a fast break was initiated from the rebound).

I'm not sure I see any difference between high and low tempo levels either. I'm now playing with every team at 0 tempo, and run plays from 10-30 based on whether the teams have more creative ballhandlers or more post players.

I'm also on pc and i think it works a bit differently to what people have described about the run plays slider.I don't see people standing around as much.Mostly it's with run plays higher the cpu takes more offensive options during a play(e.g. shooting when open on look to the post plays instead of the second entry pass etc.) rather than execute the whole play.The run n gun situation after misses is like described above...has to do with fastbreak slider and most importantly your own crash offensive boards.Not really sure yet.

One last theory.Have you experienced a lot less pick n roll plays with lowering down the attack the basket(to let's say 2 or 1)?Because players will attack regardless of how it is setup, if you give them lanes.I just had the impression i was not seeing enough pick n roll plays from the cpu.It would be rather confusing if these sliders work differently from pc to consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #66
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

So I just did about 8 run threws with the sim engine with offense tempo at 100 and at 0 for all teams and there is no discernible difference other than natural sim variation.

Total Sim control is the logic behind the engine and shot selection is what determines FgA. I am really curious to know if you can eek out a few extra shot attempts by having rebounding set to leak out.

Will there be an accurate correlation in fastbreak numbers between a run and gun team and a team with an offensive tendency to crash boards?

So many questions but it seems like a very cool feature at first glance.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #67
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
So I just did about 8 run threws with the sim engine with offense tempo at 100 and at 0 for all teams and there is no discernible difference other than natural sim variation.

Total Sim control is the logic behind the engine and shot selection is what determines FgA. I am really curious to know if you can eek out a few extra shot attempts by having rebounding set to leak out.

Will there be an accurate correlation in fastbreak numbers between a run and gun team and a team with an offensive tendency to crash boards?

So many questions but it seems like a very cool feature at first glance.

Yes like i had said earlier as far as I could tell Off Temp ONLY matters when playing or watching a game. The Sim Stats are Controlled by the TOTAL SIM CONTROL and Rotations.

The ONLY flaw with Total Sim Control is you need to control ALL 30 teams, which I do but ALOT of USERs dont like doing that. Hopefully in 2k14 they will ALLOW us to set Total Sim Control in the Main Menu and allow it AND Rotations to Carry Over to Associations. What I personally do is set up a BASE Association, then use that for All testing and Associations. The key is once you get BASE save it and THEN Exit out of Association, THEN reload the BASE Association and then SAVE a file IMMEDIATELY before doing anything. That way you dont AUTOSAVE over the base.

I actually have my PERSONAL Total Sim Control and Rotations Typed out on the 1st Post of my Roster thread if you want to check it out.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 03-20-2013, 02:53 AM   #68
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Yes like i had said earlier as far as I could tell Off Temp ONLY matters when playing or watching a game. The Sim Stats are Controlled by the TOTAL SIM CONTROL and Rotations.

The ONLY flaw with Total Sim Control is you need to control ALL 30 teams, which I do but ALOT of USERs dont like doing that. Hopefully in 2k14 they will ALLOW us to set Total Sim Control in the Main Menu and allow it AND Rotations to Carry Over to Associations. What I personally do is set up a BASE Association, then use that for All testing and Associations. The key is once you get BASE save it and THEN Exit out of Association, THEN reload the BASE Association and then SAVE a file IMMEDIATELY before doing anything. That way you dont AUTOSAVE over the base.

I actually have my PERSONAL Total Sim Control and Rotations Typed out on the 1st Post of my Roster thread if you want to check it out.
Yeah, I saw the blog. Good stuff. I imagine the day i get to save and copy my association file will be the last time i want to play this game lol. What have you been able to verify? Does a team with "drive" as there offensive focus have more free throw attempts. Does a team set to "sag off" have a higher win ratio over a "post up" or "drive" team?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #69
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
Yeah, I saw the blog. Good stuff. I imagine the day i get to save and copy my association file will be the last time i want to play this game lol. What have you been able to verify? Does a team with "drive" as there offensive focus have more free throw attempts. Does a team set to "sag off" have a higher win ratio over a "post up" or "drive" team?

The SAG OFF mean they dont play as tight of Defense, havent seen too much effect with that on WIN/LOSS Ratio. The DRIVE as Focus I really havent noticed much of a FT difference either. I noticed a HIGHER APG with SOME of the Drive teams, but it varies.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #70
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

is there any coach setting that helps the user offensive spacing?
Old 03-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #71
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
is there any coach setting that helps the user offensive spacing?

CPU spacing is effected alot by Player Tendencies.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #72
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Specifically, spot up tendencies. A few Roster makers (and I'm going to do this too) are doing away with all freelance tendencies except Spot up, set pick and post up.

For you sirjam, this is probably the way to go if you want to improve your drive and kick game. This is going to require A LOT of editing but it is worth it.

The Problem:

Give and Go - this is misleading because it emplies that they will only cut to the basket after a pass. In practice this actually effects the computers willingness to cut when his defender leaves him. This is why you expierience the lane being clogged when you start your drive. Worse if the cutter does not get the ball passed to him he will camp out in the lane for a bit.

Off ball screens - this would be cool if the computer was competent at setting up a two man screen play but the result is screwy at best with players looking over their wrong shoulder most times.

So basically you're gonna want to invest a week of your life over emphasizing each players tendency to spot up in freelance.

It will be worth it,

You will have grey hair.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »