Home

Old 04-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #737
MVP

Sellaz32's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So I just want to confirm that drive the lane tendency/spot up is a off all ball tendency correct? Also I'm guessing this would also apply to guys setting a pick on wether they go to the rim after the pick or pop out for a open shot?
Correct...it's pretty clear in reality on the game. Regardless of how 2k intended for it to be. I know DTL SHOULD mean on ball. But it's clear that spot up is off ball.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #738
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Glad to hear you are well, SLIMM.

Sorry about the economy.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:32 PM   #739
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Guys - I did a search of this thread and couldn't find an answer so I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to make players move FASTER within a called play? Ex: Instead of players going into slow-mo when moving off ball or setting screens they will actually run - or is that just hard coded? Is there a simple slider that can be manipulated to remedy this or does that entail detailed player editing? Sorry if this is off topic but didn't want to start a new thread and saw that this was a Think Tank thread.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 04-26-2013 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #740
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Guys - I did a search of this thread and couldn't find an answer so I apologize if this has been asked and answered. I'm curious if anyone knows of a way to make players move FASTER within a called play? Ex: Instead of players going into slow-mo when moving off ball or setting screens they will actually run - or is that just hard coded? Is there a simple slider that can be manipulated to remedy this or does that entail detailed player editing? Sorry if this is off topic but didn't want to start a new thread and saw that this was a Think Tank thread.
I plan on cranking up game speed and turning player speed down when I start my season. That is the only thing that might help with that.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #741
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
So I just want to confirm that drive the lane tendency/spot up is a off all ball tendency correct? Also I'm guessing this would also apply to guys setting a pick on wether they go to the rim after the pick or pop out for a open shot?
From the data that I've collected, DTL is an off-ball tendency.

If it's on a set play which is a PNR, though, I believe:

A PNR Mid-Range should tell the player to pop mid-range.
A PNR 3PT should tell the player to pop 3PT.
A PNR Roll should tell the player to roll to the basket.
A PNR Option play should have a built-in option to determine whether the Pick Man rolls or pops.

I have not tested this thoroughly, but I believe this SHOULD be true. That being said, 2K has some Mid Range plays that end as a 3PT, some High Post plays that end as a Low Post play, and some 3PT plays that end as PNR.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #742
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Great thread guys!!!! Very interesting stuff.

Got a question for anyone who wants to answer....

Looking from a statistical perspective how would you rate the drive and pull up tendencies for the following 2 players

Jeremy Lin : 37% of his shots were layups, 63% were jump shots

Jameer Nelson: 22% of his shots were Layups, 77 % were jump shots

could you use the percentages as the tendencies?? Thanks for your time and help...

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #743
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdk10
Great thread guys!!!! Very interesting stuff.

Got a question for anyone who wants to answer....

Looking from a statistical perspective how would you rate the drive and pull up tendencies for the following 2 players

Jeremy Lin : 37% of his shots were layups, 63% were jump shots

Jameer Nelson: 22% of his shots were Layups, 77 % were jump shots

could you use the percentages as the tendencies?? Thanks for your time and help...
I can't tell you what their tendencies should be. There are too many other factors at play.

I can tell you that, no, those statistics won't work for those tendencies. Just because 63% of Lin's shots were jumpers does not mean that they were all pull-up jumpers.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #744
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123
I can't tell you what their tendencies should be. There are too many other factors at play.

I can tell you that, no, those statistics won't work for those tendencies. Just because 63% of Lin's shots were jumpers does not mean that they were all pull-up jumpers.
Thanks for the response. I'm looking more as what the ATB would be set at for the difference in % of layups than for the pull up tend.

Xbox - CK11
PS4 - The_One_CK

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »