Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 PM   #745
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

DTL/SPOT UP (SU) is definitely an on-ball tendency.

SPOT UP under Freelance is the off-ball tendency for spotting up.

DTL/SPOT UP should read DTL/Triple Threat, as that is what the player does when getting the ball, drive or TT.

Go through 2k rosters and check out the tendencies.

Ray Allen
50 DTL/SU
99 SU (freelance)

LeBron
92 DTL/SU

Also this is the first year w/o the Pull up jumper in the shooting style section. I know for sure in 11 that under jumper types pull up was on of the types.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #746
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
DTL/SPOT UP (SU) is definitely an on-ball tendency.

SPOT UP under Freelance is the off-ball tendency for spotting up.

DTL/SPOT UP should read DTL/Triple Threat, as that is what the player does when getting the ball, drive or TT.

Go through 2k rosters and check out the tendencies.

Ray Allen
50 DTL/SU
99 SU (freelance)

LeBron
92 DTL/SU

Also this is the first year w/o the Pull up jumper in the shooting style section. I know for sure in 11 that under jumper types pull up was on of the types.
So your saying if a guy has 0 in drive the lane and 100 in attack he will stand there. And your also saying if he has 100 in drive the lane and a big goose egg in attack he will drive . . . Well that is a very simple test. I can tell you the results or would you like to try first hand?
Old 04-26-2013, 08:49 PM   #747
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
So your saying if a guy has 0 in drive the lane and 100 in attack he will stand there. And your also saying if he has 100 in drive the lane and a big goose egg in attack he will drive . . . Well that is a very simple test. I can tell you the results or would you like to try first hand?
0 drive = 100 spot up, the player will go into TT mode, and results will be from those tends. unless player shot tends allow him to shoot, which could technically still be due to TT mode tends.

100 drive, 0 attack, yes the player will drive but will not attack at the end of the drive, most likely would pass out, unless of course you put that at 0 too, then the player won't know what to do at the end of the drive.

ATT/PO is only for after the player has finished his drive. Whether thats in the paint or cause he gets stopped by defense on way there.

DTL/SU drive or spot (TT)-> "Pull up" for shot during drive or penetrate further -> Att/PO after drive has finished.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 04-26-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:09 PM   #748
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
0 drive = 100 spot up, the player will go into TT mode, and results will be from those tends.

100 drive, 0 attack, yes the player will drive but will not attack at the end of the drive, most likely would pass out, unless of course you put that at 0 too, then the player won't know what to do at the end of the drive.

ATT/PO is only for after the player has finished his drive. Whether thats in the paint or cause he gets stopped by defense on way there.

DTL/SU drive or spot (TT)-> "Pull up" for shot during drive or penetrate further -> Att/PO after drive has finished.
You are singing the same song I was before I did all this testing.

Please tell me the edits you would like me to make. Tell me what to look for. And I will tell you what I see.

But for me, if you could take 1 player give him a 0 in drive the lane, 100 in attack and a 0 in triple threat and watch him go nut-in-face-NBAJam-RammaLammaDingDong-agro?

Please.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:26 PM   #749
MVP

OVR: 25

I'm not going to go on some long drawn out explanation as I often like to do.

JWill is right about DTL(and bigtrey was right)

It is On Ball.

It does not effect player motion without the ball.

Video Test:
Red Team - DTL=100
White Team - DTL=0
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #750
MVP

OVR: 15

Soooooo drive the lane/spot up is on ball tendency now?? Lol, which is it guys, I'm confused now..
Old 04-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #751
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123

It is On Ball.

Video Test:
Red Team - DTL=100
White Team - DTL=0
I can say, definitively, out of all the testing I did, I could not get a player to stand at the top of the key with no off-ball movement. I 0'd everything out and it still wouldn't do that. The closest I got was seeing a player at each 3PT elbow passing the ball back and forth.

I can also say, definitely, I could not get a player to behave the way the DTL=100 team was, ie drive/kick drive/kick drive/kick. That was with every combination of ATB/DTL/PO at 0 and 100. Test after test. Maybe there's a difference between PC and console. There shouldn't be, that's the only thing I can think of.

This is the 750th post in this thread. Can we get a dev to answer some of these questions, please?
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #752
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpc123

It is On Ball.

Video Test:
Red Team - DTL=100
White Team - DTL=0
I could kiss you!!!!

That is awesome!! Is the other team in coach mode, why are they freelancing?

SLIMM the second you feel better, I'm gonna need your e-mail address so I can send you a video of me doing the Gangnam Style dance dubbed to Montell Jordan's "This is how we do it"

J-Will I see what your saying about drive the lane being "ball in the air" related that is kind of sucky because momentum lead passes are overpowered enough in this game.

So it's not that they're cutting to the basket . . . Theyre just being led by a pass?

Edit: how does this explain the bat out of hell pace that the CPU gets in when you miss a shot when drive the lane is at 100 for everyone?

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 04-26-2013 at 11:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »