Home

Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

This is a discussion on Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

OVR: 2
Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

THINK TANK

This thread has taken quite a life of its own. I originally set out to adjust coach profiles but have sense engaged in a meta commentary on sliders and gameplay. As a result I will be updating the first page of this thread to reflect the findings and more accurate opinions expressed over the course of this thread.

Drive The Lane is an off/on ball tendency that dictates the frequency of which a player will cut to the basket and how often they will drive to the basket.

Shoot From Triple Threat it has been determined that raising this will cause players to be more intent in their decision to shoot without dribbling
No Triple Threat This tendency makes a player disengage from the triple threat sooner. As a result players will be more aggressive.

Shot Clock Cheese In the last 5 seconds of the shot clock if the computer is still in a neutral position the ball handler will "panic" and go against his tendencies in order to force a shot up. This is why you see the "spin cycle". The spin cycle can be somewhat negated by lowering size up dribble.

The Pull Up Tendency works along with the Drive the Lane/Attack the Basket Tendency to determine how often a player will pull up for a jumpshot while dribbling. The higher these two tendencies are, the more likely a player is to take a pull up jumpshot. This occurs most often between the free throw line and the 3PT line, but sometimes occurs in the paint or behind the 3PT line.

Attack the Basket Tendency this slider controls the level of aggression a ballhandler will display in his efforts to get to the rim. The scale for this is pull up-penetration

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some of you may have seen me monopolizing the Run Plays thread but I feel like this post deserves its own thread.

Freelance mode is the amount of time before a play is called and After a play breaks down. When Run Plays is set high there is more freelance time before a play is called (7-8 seconds). Freelance mode is directly affected by offensive Tempo. High offensive tempo leads to more ball movement prior to a play being called.

You can test this by setting any team to an offensive tempo of 10 or lower and turning the run play slider all the way up. They will stand in the half court until a play is called. Conversely you can turn their offensive tempo up 100 and have run plays at 0 and a play will be called following a defensive rebound almost immediately thus negating their offensive tempo.

Because offensive tempo is the only thing that affects sim stats as far as FGA per game. It's easy to figure out the necessary slider settings for fluid gameplay.

If a team has a lot of FGA set there offensive tempo AND run plays high this will make them push the ball after a rebound come off picks and spot up according to Hotspots before the play is called.

Conversely if a team has a low FGA per game (Grizzlies, Utah) keep offensive Tempo low and reduce run plays as well this will eliminate the down time teams like these have before a play starts.

I've done a lot to this game to make it really enjoyable now that I understand this, for instance: when a play breaks down often time the point guard has the ball below the 3point line so instead of giving the point guard a high tendency to "leave post" I raised his "post moves-spin" to 100. Now you'll see plays like Nash, Rose and D-Will drive baseline. This really collapses the D and leads to open 3's

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 05-09-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
Rookie

fletcher2332's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Tempo-Freelance-RunPlays

Can you put a list of what each team has under that? I tried Denver and heat tempo at 100 and plays and it was pretty realistic. Not sure on in between teams such as Knicks raptors rockets golden state etc.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

I'm working on a big project for this game so the tempo's I have are constantly changing because its the only coach slider that effects sim stats. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer.

By the way, the Heat have a low offensive tempo (fewer shot attempts per game) they're just really efficient at scoring. What I'm probably going to do to them is lower their tempo to 58ish, put run plays 30 and turn up their fast break.

This should make them demons on the fast break but really level headed on offense.

I hope that helped.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-07-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #4
Rookie

fletcher2332's Arena

OVR: 3

Ok I appreciate it I don't want to hijack your thread was just trying to find good tempos for each team. I tried the 0 run plays with sliders but makes the game feel forced when they can't break at all. If u ever do get your teams done pm me the results would be much appreciated again!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #5
Rookie

StickSkillz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtreydawg
I'm working on a big project for this game so the tempo's I have are constantly changing because its the only coach slider that effects sim stats. I wish I could give you a more definitive answer.

By the way, the Heat have a low offensive tempo (fewer shot attempts per game) they're just really efficient at scoring. What I'm probably going to do to them is lower their tempo to 58ish, put run plays 30 and turn up their fast break.

This should make them demons on the fast break but really level headed on offense.

I hope that helped.
You do any testing with those settings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkillz
You do any testing with those settings?
Those specifically, no. I'm just throwing out an idea. The problem with answering gameplay questions for individuals is having to know everything about the roster they're using. For the last two days I've been playing the same game against the 98 Utah Jazz at the expense of all my free time and a neglected girlfriend lol. It plays amazing but I've done so much editing to an already great roster (shout outs to Sim-world) to get it to play this way.

It's the same every year, I sneak around the forums for good ideas and tailor the game the way I want. I wish I could give specifics but I'm not gonna do a spread sheet or all my friends will judge me lol.

Last edited by bigtreydawg; 03-08-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #7
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I heard that some of those settings are reversed. Have you heard of this?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
Pro

bigtreydawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I heard that some of those settings are reversed. Have you heard of this?
Yes I have heard this. You're talking about run plays slider. And no, it is not backwards. It just doesn't do what we thought it did.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »