Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #145
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCGREGOR__
Last night I played with default rosters, JA Money14's Sliders, and dpower15's coach profiles. I had played JA Money14's Sliders before, but always with default coach profiles. I had decent results, but it always seemed the AI was going too fast, or too slow. I ended up playing the most realistic game of 2K I've every played in my life. I played Bulls at Heat, and the Heat ended up beating me by 8. LeBron played like LeBron, and Dwade played like Dwade. The Heat played like the Heat. Although I didn't post them, the stats were near perfect. Coach Profile edits DEFINATELY helped and I would HIGHLY RECCOMEND trying them. The only change I would recommend is that FG% was a bit too high for two top 5 defensive teams; 49% for me and 52% for Miami. I lowered shot success as follows:

Inside Shot Success: 44/42
Close Shot Success: 44/42
Mid-Range Success: 46/45
3PT Success: 46
Layup Success: 46/44
Dunk in Traffic Frequency: 50
Dunk in Traffic Success: 50
Pass Accuracy: 49
Alley-Oop Success: 48/47
Contact Shot Success: 36/33

Keep up the good work.
I played as the Pistons vs. the Heat last night and gave these adjustments a try because I felt it was a little too easy to score inside sometimes. I felt that maybe the FG% needed to be lowered a little bit as I haven't had any games under 45% really (although on the plus, I haven't really shot over 50% either with JA Money14's sliders).

In this particular game I also edited the coach profiles, I turned both the on ball and off ball Defensive Pressure up to 100 as I didn't feel like Josh Smith, Greg Monroe, and Andre Drummond were too intimidating when it came to changing shots. Even though they did get a lot of blocks already, the opposing teams penetrating guards were always getting to the basket way too easily.

I could get almost 15 blocks yet the opposing teams would still manage to score nearly 70+ PIP on me.

It's turning it all the way to 100 cheap? I honestly don't know much about coach profiles.

I also tuned down blocking to 43/43 instead of 50/43. I was recording way too many blocks with Greg Monroe, on two different occasions he blocked 5 shots.

The other night, I had 15 blocks through three quarters, so I felt this change was most necessary, yes Detroit should be a great shot blocking team this year, but I still found that almost everybody on the team was getting blocks too easily.

In this particular game though, despite my defensive efforts, the Heat scored 64 first half points, and Chalmers had 16 in the first half.

I did much better in the second half, Chalmers only had 2 pts the rest of the way, finishing with 18. Also, LeBron only scored 22 points, and D.Wade shot 5/17 from the field which I was happy with because of my defensive adjustments in the second half.

Despite the high score, the Heat only managed 48 points against me in the second half.

What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0562.jpg (559.3 KB, 60 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #146
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPH
LOL are you guys kidding? I haven't seen anybody in this thread post any ridiculous stats such as these.

The box scores posted throughout speak for themselves.

Maybe when you copied the sliders you entered them in incorrectly, or your defense is severely lacking.
I do not know what's the matter?! Maybe it's on the defensive, strange turns, the game is going well with good statistics, the bad, the sliders are set correctly, I'm just new to the NBA 2K, so I do not know how to defend well, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Old 10-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #147
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2Wall
Or they are garbage. JWill's HOF play more true to life than these do. There are irregularities in the game that are not taken into consideration in this set. And the sliders were put in properly. I didn't play a single game with these sliders where the CPU or myself scored less than 130.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrocker
From what I've seen from JWill's HOF sliders (with all due respect to his efforts) is that the FG% is often too high, usually over 50%, and that teams are scoring well over 100 Points on average, and that star players are typically going off for 30 or 40 points. Those are red flags for me.

I don't think it's these sliders that are the problem, but either your playing style or lack of Defense.
Old 10-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #148
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrocker
I do not know what's the matter?! Maybe it's on the defensive, strange turns, the game is going well with good statistics, the bad, the sliders are set correctly, I'm just new to the NBA 2K, so I do not know how to defend well, sometimes it works, sometimes not.
I've also struggled defensively at times, but keep working on it.

The opposing teams AI is a lot smarter this year when it comes to making adjustments to your playing style, so if you fail to make defensive adjustments throughout the game, they will exploit that.

You really have to use a lot more strategy this year, I've had games where I was keeping my opponent under 40% shooting, but would fail to adjust in the second half and then they would shoot nearly 60%.

In your defensive assignments, make sure you turn your double teams to never, because when you double the AI will usually find the open man, also make sure in your assignments that you go over on screens and soft hedge shooters, as well as go under on screens and hard hedge guys that like to drive to the basket.

Also, make sure your calling out the proper plays on D throughout the game, I often switch to the 2-3 when theres a lot of shooters in the game, and man to man when there isn't.

Always use LT, as well as LT and RT to keep up with guys as they shift around.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #149
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Man I don't know what's going on, all of a sudden stars aren't playing like stars anymore. First the Nets stars now the Clippers smh I changed my team coaching profile and all of a sudden this has happened. I'm just walking thru teams
Old 10-11-2013, 12:15 PM   #150
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2Wall
Or they are garbage. JWill's HOF play more true to life than these do. There are irregularities in the game that are not taken into consideration in this set. And the sliders were put in properly. I didn't play a single game with these sliders where the CPU or myself scored less than 130.
It sounds to me like a mistake. Maybe somehow the sliders reset to HOF sim, or HOF default. There is no way any team shot 80% with shooting sliders bumped down the way they are. The discrepancy between your box scores and those of others are too large for everyone to be playing with the same set

Last edited by JA Money14; 10-11-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #151
Banned

v2.0 is out now. OP Updated, this should SLIGHTLY tone down 3pt attempts, fix rebounding, and drop PIP to wat I believe is an extremely satisfying number. At first it may seem that no shots are dropping but try your best to generate looks without contests. Contested shots still go in, but no longer can I knock down 50% of contested inside shots. If theres contact you AND the cpu will feel it.

I also bumped pass accuracy down to 45 a piece.. This is giving me great turnover numbers in comparison already. MAY have to knock cpus a little lower, but im loving these changes so far.

Let me know if you guys know any huge problems or if the FG% gets too low. I'll get on it! Thanks! Keep up the feedback, please believe I really do read all the posts even if I don't like or reply, and all the feedback is taken into account when I update the sliders!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #152
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
v2.0 is out now. OP Updated, this should SLIGHTLY tone down 3pt attempts, fix rebounding, and drop PIP to wat I believe is an extremely satisfying number. At first it may seem that no shots are dropping but try your best to generate looks without contests. Contested shots still go in, but no longer can I knock down 50% of contested inside shots. If theres contact you AND the cpu will feel it.

I also bumped pass accuracy down to 45 a piece.. This is giving me great turnover numbers in comparison already. MAY have to knock cpus a little lower, but im loving these changes so far.

Let me know if you guys know any huge problems or if the FG% gets too low. I'll get on it! Thanks! Keep up the feedback, please believe I really do read all the posts even if I don't like or reply, and all the feedback is taken into account when I update the sliders!
J A don't change these sliders to appease non basketball dudes.....your first sliders were spot on...Let them come up with their own sliders coming in here calling these sliders garbage!!

Some games I win some I lose I make my own adjustments as needed.....

Good sliders don't deviate too much....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »