Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #161
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
It forces you to learn the FT's, puts the game on your shoulders rather than real % just flicks it. That way theres no chance you can be 'Cheated' That's the way I see it anyways..

I'm concerned about the 4 total turnovers for CHARLOTTE. That coming after I changed pass accuracy to 45 ? Hm... Seems if you were not aggressive at ALL. Which isn't bad, but the #'s I get for CPU are never that low. Not even close. Not a bad thing though, you won right.
Yeah u r right about the FTs.

Yeah, the 4 turnovers are very low for a team that averaged 13.1 TPG last season. I'd suggest to lower it if it becomes a CPU trend. Great sliders though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #162
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm waiting to buy this game on PS4 but hired it so I could play on PS3 last night. Using these sliders I'm finding the big men aren't getting involved. When I played vs Houston , Howard took 4 shots, I was the Mavs. I then played vs Brooklyn, Lopez 6 shots, Garnett 4 shots. The guards however were taking 20-25 shots between them. Dont play a lot of 2k games, which sliders need adjusting to get the bigs more shot attempts?
Old 10-12-2013, 12:32 AM   #163
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwillydog
I'm waiting to buy this game on PS4 but hired it so I could play on PS3 last night. Using these sliders I'm finding the big men aren't getting involved. When I played vs Houston , Howard took 4 shots, I was the Mavs. I then played vs Brooklyn, Lopez 6 shots, Garnett 4 shots. The guards however were taking 20-25 shots between them. Dont play a lot of 2k games, which sliders need adjusting to get the bigs more shot attempts?
This is a problem I'm seeing as well. Try upping look for post players.. also post shots
Old 10-12-2013, 01:40 AM   #164
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
This is a problem I'm seeing as well. Try upping look for post players.. also post shots
JA Money, what would u suggest raising Look for Post Players to?
Old 10-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #165
Rookie

Will raise look for post players, will also raise attack the basket. I played vs Thunder and Westbrook had clear path to basket a couple of times. He didn't take it, went jump shot or passed it off
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #166
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich
JA Money, what would u suggest raising Look for Post Players to?
I update op with small update. Ill call it v2.1 but it's very minor. Addresses rebounds, blocks, and the big man not getting shots issues..

Last edited by JA Money14; 10-12-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:41 AM   #167
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPH
I've also struggled defensively at times, but keep working on it.

The opposing teams AI is a lot smarter this year when it comes to making adjustments to your playing style, so if you fail to make defensive adjustments throughout the game, they will exploit that.

You really have to use a lot more strategy this year, I've had games where I was keeping my opponent under 40% shooting, but would fail to adjust in the second half and then they would shoot nearly 60%.

In your defensive assignments, make sure you turn your double teams to never, because when you double the AI will usually find the open man, also make sure in your assignments that you go over on screens and soft hedge shooters, as well as go under on screens and hard hedge guys that like to drive to the basket.

Also, make sure your calling out the proper plays on D throughout the game, I often switch to the 2-3 when theres a lot of shooters in the game, and man to man when there isn't.

Always use LT, as well as LT and RT to keep up with guys as they shift around.
Thanks for the advice. I will be working over the defense. Then lay out what some game statistics.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #168
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

Quote:
v2.0 is out now. OP Updated, this should SLIGHTLY tone down 3pt attempts, fix rebounding, and drop PIP to wat I believe is an extremely satisfying number. At first it may seem that no shots are dropping but try your best to generate looks without contests. Contested shots still go in, but no longer can I knock down 50% of contested inside shots. If theres contact you AND the cpu will feel it.

I also bumped pass accuracy down to 45 a piece.. This is giving me great turnover numbers in comparison already. MAY have to knock cpus a little lower, but im loving these changes so far.

Let me know if you guys know any huge problems or if the FG% gets too low. I'll get on it! Thanks! Keep up the feedback, please believe I really do read all the posts even if I don't like or reply, and all the feedback is taken into account when I update the sliders!
Just finished a game with the Pistons vs. the Rockets with the newest V2.0 slider set.

I'm not so sure why this particular game was so high scoring, I definitely wasn't as easy to block shots, and even some of the shots I felt I used to bother went in this game.

Was the blocking or the vertical lowered in this set? Because I went from getting too many blocks to too little. I had 5 total, Drummond and Smith both finished with 1 block a piece, while Will Bynum had 2 somehow lol.

I'm still working on my Defense to try to stop their penetrating guards, I'm struggling to get the big men to step up and help on D.

The Rockets shot 10/24 from three, Garcia had 5 threes in the first half, he was raining them right in my face, pretty frustrating. The 2/3 zone was helpless as my teammates just continued to leave him open.

I also noticed how the CPU turned the ball over more, it seemed as it they were dribbling into traffic more than simply just making bad passes. I was happy to get more steals though.

One weird thing I've noticed about my stats is that in a number of games I've took exactly 88 shots lol, weird.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0564.jpg (542.5 KB, 14 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »