Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-12-2013, 02:57 AM   #169
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPH
Just finished a game with the Pistons vs. the Rockets with the newest V2.0 slider set.

I'm not so sure why this particular game was so high scoring, I definitely wasn't as easy to block shots, and even some of the shots I felt I used to bother went in this game.

Was the blocking or the vertical lowered in this set? Because I went from getting too many blocks to too little. I had 5 total, Drummond and Smith both finished with 1 block a piece, while Will Bynum had 2 somehow lol.

I'm still working on my Defense to try to stop their penetrating guards, I'm struggling to get the big men to step up and help on D.

The Rockets shot 10/24 from three, Garcia had 5 threes in the first half, he was raining them right in my face, pretty frustrating. The 2/3 zone was helpless as my teammates just continued to leave him open.

I also noticed how the CPU turned the ball over more, it seemed as it they were dribbling into traffic more than simply just making bad passes. I was happy to get more steals though.

One weird thing I've noticed about my stats is that in a number of games I've took exactly 88 shots lol, weird.
Those are definitely oddball scores. A big one that stands out to me that you never mentioned is the rockets FGA.. 101?! Jeeeeez... Were they rebounding too hard ? Going to fast? At any rate that should calm down as defense improves.

Yes I lowered Vert and blocking. I don't think you have too little, as the most blocks per game last season in the NBA was 7.6 Not too far off from 5. some games youll have lower, some games higher, my goal is to have the best shot blocking teams peak at 8-9 per game. (Thunder had 8.2 2 seasons ago.)

Not sure about your scores though, maybe a great offensive game from both clubs, I actually dropped the inside scoring slider for both sider and RAISED defense effectiveness vs layups, so not sure why they were high. I like that my sliders can allow fluctuation rather than cut and dry stats every single game. Thanks again for feedback RAPH, let me know If your games start to get out of hand and you are losing the realism, I'm always open to change
Old 10-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #170
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
Those are definitely oddball scores. A big one that stands out to me that you never mentioned is the rockets FGA.. 101?! Jeeeeez... Were they rebounding too hard ? Going to fast? At any rate that should calm down as defense improves.

Yes I lowered Vert and blocking. I don't think you have too little, as the most blocks per game last season in the NBA was 7.6 Not too far off from 5. some games youll have lower, some games higher, my goal is to have the best shot blocking teams peak at 8-9 per game. (Thunder had 8.2 2 seasons ago.)

Not sure about your scores though, maybe a great offensive game from both clubs, I actually dropped the inside scoring slider for both sider and RAISED defense effectiveness vs layups, so not sure why they were high. I like that my sliders can allow fluctuation rather than cut and dry stats every single game. Thanks again for feedback RAPH, let me know If your games start to get out of hand and you are losing the realism, I'm always open to change
Thanks for the block statistics, usually I'm on point with that type of stuff, but for some reason the league high's were kind of inflated in my mind lol. So that being said, 5 isn't bad.

As far as inside scoring, I did see a lot of variety and fluctuation throughout the game. Monroe shot 6/15 inside, 40%, while Drummond was 6/6. As for the Rockets, Harden missed numerous layups, while Lin was floating shots over my bigs up and in.

I just had a rough time stopping Lin and Patrick Beverley from getting inside, and defending the three point line. One major problem is my turnovers though, I know that's a problem that can obviously lead to a high number of FG attempts for the opposing team. Believe it or not, I didn't have any turnovers at all in the 2nd Quarter, but still manages 18 TO's. I have to work on that.

I'll figure out some better defensive strategies and play another game tomorrow night to see if I get better results.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:45 AM   #171
Pro

BlackAndGoldVandal's Arena

OVR: 3

Any roster anyone suggests for these sliders? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #172
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

And the thread is back?
Old 10-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #173
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

And we're back!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:44 PM   #174
Tiger Paw

tyberious4now's Arena

OVR: 2

I do believe that coaching profile is the the key to big men being effective in the post, fg% and stars acting like stars!!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #175
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Played a great game that went into OT last night between LAC(user) @ MEM(CPU) check out the stats. JA Money, I've never had this much fun with out-of-the-box roster since NBA 2K8 lol!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #176
Banned

Yay my thread is back!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »