Home

JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

This is a discussion on JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2013, 01:47 AM   #177
Pro

BlackAndGoldVandal's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: JA Money14's NBA 2K14 OneandOnly Realism Sliders

I heard OS got hacked over the weekend.. Deleted a lot of stuff
Old 10-14-2013, 02:39 AM   #178
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

OVR: 0

Lately I've been struggling with these sliders, I'm on a losing streak, and whats worse is that my statistics are no longer looking realistic. That's what bothers me the most.

I played 2 games today, both losses, one a loss in OT, the other a blowout. I'm really trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong now.

This was the first game, I was the Pistons vs. the Nets, the score was tied at 114 at the end of regulation. I know, too many points.

It was an emotional game, I had my inbound pass deflected at the buzzer on what could have been a game winning shot.

I ended up with 25 turnovers this game! Mostly due to miraculous deflections by the CPU AI. It was pretty frustrating, as you see, they had 22 steals.

I couldn't stop them from scoring PIP too all game, as well as their second chance points despite my defensive adjustments.

I've been perplexed at how I've been allowing opposing teams to shoot over 100 FGA lately, and I haven't been quite sure what to do about it.

On the plus side, I was able to block a lot of shots this game, 13, which is over the league average but my last game I only had 5 blocked shots. So I do see a lot of balance now in that category now.

Also, another plus is that it's not as easy to score inside, my big men are no longer averaging 60% shooting, but more so 45%-50% inside. I'm enjoying that realism and challenge down low.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention. I missed 17 FT's this game! It was like my whole team was at a funk at the line, they seemed to be a tad more difficult, no complaints though, I'll adjust.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-10-13.jpg (49.1 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by RAPH; 10-14-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:00 AM   #179
Rookie

RAPH's Arena

This was my second game tonight, I was the Pistons vs. the Knicks.

My goal was to try to slow down the tempo and attempt to control the pace in order to limit my TO's and their FGA's.

But instead of playing a fluid game, I really felt like I was playing "try not to turn the ball over" instead of actual basketball. I really gave an effort to make better passes and not play risky at all, but ball handling is just so sensitive that I still ended up with 18 TO's.

Due to my slower pace, I only had 8 fast break points this game, as opposed to 50 the last game vs. the Nets. I also had 30 less PIP.

I considered that in my last few games the reason why I was having such a high scoring, high FGA, high TO games, was that I was pushing the ball too hard, sprinting down the court trying to fast break. So as I stated, I tried to do the opposite this game, but it didn't work out too well.

I scored 90 points this game which was more realistic, only 31 total points in the first half, I did pick up the pace and score 59 in the second half though. This was my worst shooing game with only 41% on my FG's.

The most frustrating part of this particular game was the rebounding, Amare Stoudemire had 6 Offensive Rebounds in the third quarter alone. That killed my comeback. Amare finished with 7 OFF REB's and played unstoppable scoring 20 PTS in 21 minutes. The Knicks finished with 15 Offensive boards.

Positives for this game was that their PIP wasn't too off the charts, also my inside scoring was challenging and realistic again, and shot blocking wasn't out of control.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0566.jpg (559.8 KB, 160 views)
Old 10-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #180
MVP

ultimatefighter's Arena

OVR: 7

Hey man, been following your thread and am finally getting the game later today lol Ill post some stats and Impressions, when I get some games in, cant wait to try these out man.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #181
Rookie

I asked this before but wasn't sure if it was answered. What coach profiles are people using? Do you need to use dpowers to get a good game or can you use out of the box profiles with these sliders. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for putting these sliders together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2013, 06:41 AM   #182
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotwillydog
I asked this before but wasn't sure if it was answered. What coach profiles are people using? Do you need to use dpowers to get a good game or can you use out of the box profiles with these sliders. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for putting these sliders together.
I'd recommend to use dpower's profiles and never look back bro lol
Old 10-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #183
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPH
This was my second game tonight, I was the Pistons vs. the Knicks.

My goal was to try to slow down the tempo and attempt to control the pace in order to limit my TO's and their FGA's.

But instead of playing a fluid game, I really felt like I was playing "try not to turn the ball over" instead of actual basketball. I really gave an effort to make better passes and not play risky at all, but ball handling is just so sensitive that I still ended up with 18 TO's.

Due to my slower pace, I only had 8 fast break points this game, as opposed to 50 the last game vs. the Nets. I also had 30 less PIP.

I considered that in my last few games the reason why I was having such a high scoring, high FGA, high TO games, was that I was pushing the ball too hard, sprinting down the court trying to fast break. So as I stated, I tried to do the opposite this game, but it didn't work out too well.

I scored 90 points this game which was more realistic, only 31 total points in the first half, I did pick up the pace and score 59 in the second half though. This was my worst shooing game with only 41% on my FG's.

The most frustrating part of this particular game was the rebounding, Amare Stoudemire had 6 Offensive Rebounds in the third quarter alone. That killed my comeback. Amare finished with 7 OFF REB's and played unstoppable scoring 20 PTS in 21 minutes. The Knicks finished with 15 Offensive boards.

Positives for this game was that their PIP wasn't too off the charts, also my inside scoring was challenging and realistic again, and shot blocking wasn't out of control.
Hmmm that's not good. That's a crazy amount of turnovers. When did this happen? Has it been a problem since I changed v2.1? I haven't had any problems with turnovers but I've had issues with other little things. Not sure when but I'm working on a new version. Keep trucking and see if your problems can be fixed
Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #184
Rookie

Turnovers have been an issue for me as well, especially in comparison to the CPU. Last game my I turned the ball over ~14 times as opposed to only ~6 for my opponent. Sure, some of them were errant passes on my part, but others were seriously questionable random drops by players who have decent ball-handling skills. CPU seems to never make mistakes like this, and attempting to swipe from PG usually just results in very good recoveries by the CPU or a foul on me.

My only other issue is still the CPU 3-ball attempts and percentages. Playing vs the Suns had Marcus Morris shooting 4 of 6 in the first half alone, and finishing with something like 6 made. And that was just him. Shannon Brown and Gerald Green were throwing down 3s like crazy as well. There was a 3 game stretch where my opponents were shooting close to 50% for the game. I still won the game, but it was pretty frustrating.

This newest update has seriously been the best apart from those issues though. I've been having some great games, while still maintaining a little bit dominance over scrub teams like the Suns (I'm playing as the Thunder).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »